Why Trust Our Recommendations
At HostAdvice, we have made significant efforts to bring you the best choices for WordPress hosting. Our experts are professionals with years of experience who have bought each plan and reported first-hand as regular customers. The HA team performs side-by-side comparisons, speed, uptime and reliability tests, and other vital actions during the testing phase.
Check Our Best WordPress Hosting Providers:
Best WordPress Hosting Providers (In Detail)
HostArmada is a US-based web hosting provider founded in 2019. It is a privately owned, independent provider that has won multiple awards for its services. It offers many superb solutions, including cloud VPS, cloud Reseller, and Cloud WordPress hosting.
It is known for its top-notch data centers, amazing speeds, and incredibly reliable network powered by the best hardware. Due to its reliability, HostArmada can handle all traffic spikes, no matter how big they are.
- Overall score: 5.0 – We think this is the best WordPress overall hosting service right now.
- Features: 5.0
- Support: 5.0
- User Friendly: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
- Reliability: 5.0
Features: HostArmada really takes its features seriously.
It offers top-quality paid and free features, including free SSL, free domain, DNS management, one-click WordPress installer, free website transfer, free optimization, SSD storage, daily backups, free Web Server Caches, free cPanel, malware scans and removal, multiple hosting locations, CloudFlare, Imunify360, and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
So, we believe that a 5.0 score is well-deserved.
Support: HostArmada offers 24/7 expert customer support that is accessible via live chat, email, phone, and tickets.
It guarantees a ticket response of ten minutes at the most and has WordPress experts that can help you with any issue you might have. So, we gave it a 5.0 score because virtually all of its customers have reported amazing customer support experiences, and it compensates its customers for any mistakes.
User Friendly: HostArmada is extremely user-friendly.
It offers the cPanel for free with all plans and provides free WordPress tutorials. Additionally, it has a blog, cPanel, WooCommerce, and WHM tutorials and an extensive knowledge base.
Also, its website has an amazing design and a lot of useful information. So, we gave it a 5.0 score.
Pricing: HostArmada offers plenty of free features at affordable prices across the board. Its managed WordPress offer provides three different plans that can be purchased monthly, annually, biannually, and triennially.
The cheapest managed WordPress plan is the Start Dock, which costs $2.99 per month if you get a three-year plan.
It includes one website, 15 GB SSD storage, 2 CPU cores, and 2 GB RAM. We only gave it a 4.9 score because the 45-day money-back guarantee is not applicable if you purchase a plan monthly.
Reliability: HostArmada is known for its reliable and redundant network and state-of-the-art cloud platform.
It has nine data centers in California, Texas, New Jersey, Canada, the UK, Germany, India, Singapore, and Australia. Additionally, it offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and uses KVM virtualization.
Also, its network is separated into two layers, i.e., Internal and External, which allows for zero latency between the servers in the same data center. So, its 5.0 score is deserved.
Additional parameter – WordPress support: 5.0: Having expert WordPress support is crucial for all WordPress users because it means that your provider knows how to take care of your website and fix any issues you might have.
In HostArmada’s case, it gets a well-deserved 5.0 for its exceptional WordPress support. Its team can help customers with anything, including WordPress installation, updates, configuration, plugins, themes, and optimization.
Additionally, it provides specific WordPress and WooCommerce tutorials and WordPress transfer.
Pros and Cons
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Daily backups
- Managed WordPress support
- One-click WordPress installer
- WordPress and WooCommerce tutorials
- KVM virtualization
- Free cPanel
- LiteSpeed web servers are only available for the most expensive plans
- High renewal rates
ChemiCloud is a U.S.-based web hosting company that offers exceptional customer support, unique features and multiple hosting plans. It is beginner friendly and has multiple server locations in Amsterdam, the United Kingdom, the U.S, Singapore and Bangalore.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.3
- Support: 4.5
- User Friendly: 4
- Pricing: 3.5
- Reliability: 4
- Managed/Unmanaged WordPress Plan: 4
Relatively new in the web hosting game, ChemiCloud has earned the trust of many and established itself as a trustworthy brand. It has 11 data centers around the globe and utilizes Cloud Linux OS on the LiteSpeed web server. Some features offered include free domain registration for life, SSD Storage for all plans, free site migration, 1-click Softaculous app installer, free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates, website builder and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
ChemiCloud offers three different levels of WordPress plans to choose from. The lowest package, known as WordPress Starter, goes for $4.48 per month and includes one website, 1 GB RAM, 1 Core CPU, 20GB SSD Disk Space and unlimited bandwidth, while the highest package, WordPress Turbo, goes for $6.98/ month and includes unlimited websites, 3GB RAM, 3 Core CPU, 40 GB SSD Disk space and unlimited bandwidth. Here are some of the parameters we use in ranking this brand.
Support: They provide 24/7 support via their live chat, email, telephone or ticket system.
User-friendly: Organized and easy-to-navigate dashboard interface that gives you access to c-Panel, 1-click Softaculous app installer and Imunify360 or JetBackup.
Pricing: ChemiCloud plans are ideal for agencies searching for long-term plans, as the lowest WordPress hosting package you can purchase is the annual goal that goes for $4.48/month.
Reliability: They provide exceptional website performance with an uptime guaranteed rate of 99.99% and 278ms website speed.
Unmanaged WordPress Plan: ChemiCloud gives you full server access and lets you control your website as you see fit.
- Advanced security features
- Supports developer tools and multiple coding scripts
- Free Domain registration for life
- Excellent Speed and Performance
- 99.99% Uptime rate guarantee
- 45-day refund policy
- 11 data centers across the globe
- Extra cost for a website builder
- The minimum plan you can purchase is for one year
- Doesn’t have a Knowledge base.
If you are eager to experience the power of a user-friendly host, then Hostinger may help you! With web hosting solutions ranging from shared to VPS hosting to WordPress hosting, Hostinger provides some of the best speeds and overall performance on the market. On top of that, it has an amazing discount for WordPress!
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.7
- Performance: 4.8
- Support: 4.5
- User Friendly: 4.8
Pricing: Hostinger has some of the most affordable starting prices for first-time users. With a discount of 75% and three months for free, you can get everything you need for your website. For only $2.99/month, you will get weekly backups, unlimited bandwidth, support of up to 100 sites, free domain migration, and unique WordPress features, such as automation, multisite, acceleration, and vulnerabilities scanner.
Features: When it comes to features, Hostinger comes with a built-in hPanel and website builder, SSL certificates, email hosting, DDoS protection, daily and weekly backups, a WordPress staging tool, and SSH access. Thanks to all of these security and technical features, you can be assured that your page will get the proper maintenance.
Performance: Hostinger employs innovative technologies, such as LVE containerized environment and LiteSpeed web servers. Also, you can access its global data centers through the user-friendly hPanel. Unfortunately, its website builder is a bit slower.
Support: In case you encounter an issue, you can contact Hostigner via live chat, email, tutorials, knowledge base, blogs, and Hostinger Academy. They lack phone support, but this is because they want their users to avoid waiting.
User friendly: Hostinger provides support for any issue you may encounter, but the hPanel might be tricky if you’re used to the regular cPanel. However, once you figure it out, you will transform your journey into a seamless one.
Pros & Cons
- Free automatic migrations
- Next-level security features
- Broad support channels
- Free domain and unlimited SSL certificates
- Cost-efficient prices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slower website builder
- Has additional charges for lower plans
I suggest getting FastComet for the fastest website performance. Choose from WordPress shared hosting, cloud VPS hosting, and dedicated CPU servers – speed and security at scale!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.8
- Ease of Use: 4.8
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.7
Are you looking for a speed boost? Benefit from the fastest WordPress hosting available with SSD-only cloud, Cloudflare CDN, FastGuard, RocketBooster, WordPress Resource Monitoring, and more!
Pros and Cons
- Above-average loading speeds and website performance
- Lots of free goods included (daily backups, managed migrations, free domain transfer)
- Multiple data center locations available across the globe (choosing one that’s closest to your target market reduces latency, thus improving your visitors’ satisfaction)
- The full performance features, such as the RocketBooster, are limited to the priciest plans
- There are no server locations available in South America and Africa (fortunately, CDN is available for free – makes up for this loss)
- Prices increase on renewal
Features: A variety of WordPress hosting plans for complete 360° control over your WordPress hosting service – easy to navigate Client Control Area, cPanel/WHM, 1-click App Marketplace, and Observer Monitoring.
Performance: Out-of-the-box WordPress optimization, SSD-cloud for 300% performance boost, free Cloudflare CDN, superior WordPress security, and resource monitoring.
Ease of Use: Immediate activation or people-powered express transfer service without downtime free of charge – 1-click marketplace with over 450 apps, over 20 Frameworks, and the industry-standard cPanel.
Support: Unlimited 24/7 in-house priority support that cares about your website and over 3,000 pages of step-by-step tutorials to get you started.
Pricing: Affordable plans, excellent deals, 45-day money-back guarantee for Cloud Shared Hosting, and 7-day refund for VPS/DS Servers, and free months of hosting (up to six months unused time compensation).
Boost your online presence with IONOS’ hosting plans. With a broad range of hosting services, such as VPS hosting and WordPress, IONOS provides you with incredible speeds, high-end security, amazing features, and budget-friendly prices. So, try it out and watch your business grow in no time!
- Overall Score: 4.5
- Pricing: 4.8
- Features: 4.4
- Performance: 4.6
- Support: 4.3
- User Friendly: 4.6
Pricing: IONOS comes with many affordable WordPress hosting plans. The initial plan starts at $1.00/month, which makes it perfect for newbies. Thanks to it, you will get 50GB of SSD storage, 15GB RAM, and one vCPU core. You will also benefit from site analytics, free domain, free SSL certificates, and five professional email addresses.
Features: IONOS combines essential and advanced features in its WordPress plans. You can enjoy SSH, SFTP, WP-CLI access, caching plugins, malware scanning, regular backups, next-level web development software, server scripting languages, and a robust database.
Performance: IONOS allows you to scale easily while also being reliable. More precisely, it comes with a 99.9% uptime guarantee, fast speeds, SSD and HDD storage drives, and Marai DB and MySQL databases. As a result, you’ll enjoy top-notch, consistent speed rates and connections.
Support: If you come across an issue, just stay calm. IONOS offers everything you need! You can reach its expert team via live chat, phone, and cloud support. The only minor drawback is that the live chat can be unavailable, but IONOS makes up for this with its guides, tutorials, and various how-to articles.
User-friendly: IONOS utilizes the user-friendly cPanel. This is also the main dashboard, which means you can easily navigate through the platform. Also, the interface is sleek and clean, so you shouldn’t be confused about how it works, making it perfect for beginners.
Pros & Cons
- Sleek cPanel suitable for beginners
- Feature-rich WordPress plans
- Reliable uptime guarantee
- Affordable hosting plans
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The live chat is not the most reliable
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
What Is WordPress Hosting, and Do You Actually Need It?
Unless you’re a web developer yourself or have a strong web development team, we strongly recommend using a WordPress hosting service. It’ll make your life much, much easier.
WordPress hosting is a web hosting service preconfigured for WordPress, the most popular CMS worldwide. It’s not a type of hosting product like shared, VPS, or dedicated hosting, but more of an add-on to traditional web hosting plans, such as reseller hosting.
This hosting is a specialized solution for WordPress that integrates perfectly with WP sites. It improves the website security, performance, and overall functionality by specific features and options, such as one-click installs, better plugin management, automated updates, tailored WordPress customer support, and so on.
In general, WordPress hosting providers intend to offer a package that simplifies, secures, and speeds up the WordPress installation and management. Still, the offer can vary significantly from one web host to another, primarily depending on the type of WordPress hosting you choose, your needs, and your budget. For more information about WordPress costs check out our WordPress pricing page.
The thing is, WordPress hosting is not a prerequisite for hosting a WordPress site, meaning you don’t have to buy WP hosting.
Still, if I were you, I would select this alternative. Sure, you can host your WP website on a generic server, but it’s far more time-consuming and lacks the needed features for your website’s optimal performance.
This service is highly convenient if you are a beginner, mainly due to the preconfigured environment for WordPress, range of WP-specific features, ease of use, and 24/7 availability of WP experts.
What Are The Advantages Of WP Hosting?
Each type of web hosting (shared, VPS, or dedicated) can be optimized for the CMS, making it WordPress hosting. The question is, how does WordPress hosting exceed generic hosting?
Here’s why you need a WordPress optimized service over a traditional web hosting plan:
- You get a preconfigured environment for a fast and easy setup
- Better uptime, reliability, and performance with less work on your part
- It’s a speed-optimized solution that improves loading speeds, SEO, and customer satisfaction
- WordPress hosting is also optimized for performance tweaks, especially with managed WP
- Security features adjusted for WP-specific attacks (reduced danger of malicious third parties)
- Improved plugin function, automated updates, and up-to-date software
- Significant ease of use with a user-friendly interface – it’s easy to add plugins, SSL certificates, perform backups, and more (only a few clicks)
- You get access to many customization options (website design, ads), themes, and features
- Customer support consists of WordPress experts qualified to solve all your issues with the hosting and boost your performance
The Different Types Of WP Hosting
As mentioned, you cannot find WordPress hosting on the specter of web hosting plans alongside shared, VPS hosting, or dedicated servers. Instead, each web hosting plan can be optimized for the CMS. If you start browsing, you’ll indeed find more than one WordPress hosting solution. Further on, you will encounter several classifications based on different factors.
In general, you can make a distinction between shared WordPress hosting, VPS, cloud, and dedicated (VDS) WP hosting, but more on those later.
How Did We Choose The Top 5 WordPress Hosting?
- Types of Hosting WordPress Hosting Offered5%
- Uptime Commitment8%
- Speed Optimization9%
- Available Space and Bandwidth7%
- Scalability Options6%
- Security Enhancements7%
- Ease of Use8%
- WP-Specific Support12%
- Developer Tools and Extras5%
- User Reviews30%
- Starting Price3%
HostAdvice combines different review methodologies to separate and rank the best WordPress hosting services.
Our experts are always a step ahead with their approaches, meaning they continually upgrade their ways of doing things to remain up-to-date with all innovation and new releases.
For instance, we have recently introduced new uptime and performance measurement processes, relying on real-time results.
Each ranking is category-specific. We establish the most important factors we’re looking at when we give rank for a particular category, in this case, WordPress hosting.
Then, we allocate percentages to different factors depending on their importance for a WordPress hosting service – the higher the weight, the more critical the factor. Apart from independent tests and weighting, our ranking is also based on genuine user reviews.
HostAdvice’s AI technology has sorted the best WordPress web hosting providers based on several key factors:
- Types of WordPress Hosting Offered (5%): Availability of shared, VPS, cloud, and dedicated (VDS) WordPress hosting.
- Uptime Commitment (8%): Can the WP host keep your site online at all times? Offline website translates to the loss of customers, sales, and SEO. So, it would be best to strive towards an uptime guarantee of 99.95% or more. Also, make sure to get a provider that compensates you for downtime, acting as a reassurance of their quality.
- Speed Optimization (9%): A fast-loading website boosts your users’ experience and customer satisfaction. WordPress recommended hosts have more than one server location. Optimally, you would get a service close to your target audience to reduce latency. Other speed-enhancing components include free Cloudflare CDN, caching, and fast servers (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, Varnish, and Squid).
- Available Space and Bandwidth (7%): does the WordPress plan/hosting setup allows for one or more websites? What can you host (high-quality images, videos, etc.)? You should consider the type of storage, the amount of memory per website, and the available bandwidth for traffic.
- Scalability Options (6%): How many visitors can your WordPress hosting plan support? What if you exceed this limit? Can you quickly upgrade to more resources, and will the WP host help you in the process?
- Security Enhancements (7%): With WordPress hosting, you should look for specific security features, including daily backups, firewalls, malware scanning and removal, monitoring for malicious plugins, automatic updates, and SSL certificates.
- Ease of Use (8%): The best WordPress hosting solutions are beginner-friendly, providing easy-to-use workflow tools to facilitate your experience. It would be best if you got an intuitive interface to handle installs, add plugins, and more.
- WP-Specific Support (12%): Quality WordPress hosting plans come with a dedicated WordPress team available 24/7 to assist you in all issues you might face with the CMS. These professionals can understand, assess, and quickly resolve your queries.
- Developer Tools and Extras (5%): These features facilitate building and administering your website and are especially important for WP users with experience with the CMS – unlimited development sites, staging sites, updates, SSH/Bash Access, Perl, Python, Node.js, Git, WP CLI, Drush, PHP Frameworks, etc.
- User Reviews (30%): We especially value the experience of worldwide customers with a particular WordPress hosting service, including beginners, highly-experienced developers, and everything in between. User reviews form the base of our ranking since they provide insights into different aspects of operation; they are honest, transparent, and valuable.
- Starting Price (3%): Whether you are willing to get the most expensive or the best free hosting for WordPress, you should establish the quality you will get for the price, aka, the price-value ratio. For more about the cost of wordpress hosting,
Types of WordPress Hosting and Which Is the Right One for You?
As you can see, today’s market supplies you with a wide range of WordPress hosting services, and it’s up to you to choose.
Sure, you must be confused – shared WordPress, cheap WordPress, managed WordPress, and so on. Which one should you get?
Let us explain the different categories and their intended use; this way, you can make the best choice for your business.
As mentioned earlier, each type of web hosting can become WordPress hosting. The WordPress versions of shared hosting, VPS, and dedicated hosting solutions offer the same qualities as generic web hosting – the only difference is the addition of WordPress optimization.
Shared WordPress Hosting
Even though you share the server with other users, shared WP servers offer better performance than traditional shared hosting. You can expect one-click installs, automatic updates to the WordPress core, themes and plugins, and a knowledgeable support team within these plans.
Shared WordPress hosting is best suited for beginners and small businesses without significant skill or experience. With this option, the web host takes over server management and upkeep.
As a customer, you will benefit from sufficient (but not excessive) resources and a user-friendly control panel. The best part is that shared WP hosting is the most affordable option.
However, the downside of shared WP hosting is that you can face security risks and cross-contamination from other websites on the same shared server.
Your site can also suffer from downtime during server maintenance, and you will have no control over the server specs. So, if you go for this option, it’s imperative to choose a quality web host that properly configures the shared environment to protect its customers on the same server.
VPS WordPress Hosting
Like shared hosting, with VPS WordPress hosting, you would once again share the server with other users.
However, in this case, the web host utilizes a virtualization technology or cloud hosting to divide one physical server into multiple virtual units. In turn, you will get dedicated resources, such as CPU, RAM, or Bandwidth, at an affordable price.
On the good side, other users cannot pull your resources. Instead, each of you gets your personal virtual space. So, you can benefit from a share of allocated resources and self-contained software with an OS, mimicking a dedicated server with more flexibility.
Simply put, VPS WordPress hosting falls somewhere in between shared and dedicated WP solutions – you get the best of both worlds; reserved resources at an affordable price. It’s the perfect choice for SMBs and websites with medium to high traffic. It can also work for eCommerce stores, depending on the provider.
Still, VPS WordPress hosting can be a bit expensive. Also, if you are an enterprise in need of control over the hardware, a VPS will not be sufficient (a dedicated server is the better alternative in this regard).
Dedicated (VDS) WordPress Hosting
A dedicated WordPress hosting solution will store only your files and data. As the website owner, you will receive complete control over the server.
You can optimize and configure the server to your liking without having to accommodate anyone else’s needs. You will get the ultimate freedom, better security for your site, unlimited bandwidth, and reserved resources.
Simply put, you won’t compete with neighboring sites for anything. Dedicated servers offer the best potential, performance, and speed, and due to this, they are the most expensive hosting alternatives.
Furthermore, dedicated WordPress servers also mean greater responsibility. You will have to take care of the server environment, including the operating system, IT solutions, maintenance, updates, etc. So, you will have to devote time and resources. After all, you cannot expect support for the simplest tasks, such as regular server scans and patches, when you are utilizing this advanced solution.
So, dedicated WordPress hosting is the best choice for enterprises and websites with high traffic, in-house development teams with skill and experience to make the most of the available resources.
Managed WordPress Hosting
Usually, providers utilize dedicated servers for managed WordPress hosting. However, you can also find this solution on VPS, cloud hosting, or even shared server environments – so it’s a unique offer.
The web hosting company, in this case, takes over all server optimization and maintenance responsibilities, meaning they handle all technical aspects, including backups, speed, uptime, security, and updates.
With this option, you would leave the “heavy-lifting” to professionals with extensive experience to control the server. In turn, you can expect a stable website, lightning-fast loading speeds, incredible security, staging sites, and dedicated support.
On the downside, managed WordPress hosting might impose some plugin restrictions. It’s also more expensive compared to shared WP hosting.
Managed WordPress hosting is the best choice for teams without advanced IT knowledge and skills or websites coping with high traffic levels and extensive data.
What Are The Requirements For A WordPress Server?
While some of the biggest brands use WordPress and know what they should be looking for, you might be experiencing some difficulty in this regard. So, let’s review what requirements should each WordPress server satisfy at a minimum.
First, WordPress recommended hosts offer PHP version 7.4 or greater, MySQL version 5.7 or greater/MariaDB version 10.2 or greater, and HTTPS support. In addition, the CMS recommends getting a web host that supports Apache or Nginx as the most robust and featureful server for running WordPress. Still, keep in mind that any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do.
It would be best if you also dedicated special attention to the security features of the WordPress hosting provider.
If the web host runs PHP apps, such as WordPress, on your account’s username instead of the server’s default shared username, we are speaking of better security. Ensure you check the entire offer to protect your site from any malicious activities on time.
Finally, it would be best to get 1 GB or more disk space, at least 512 MB RAM, and a 1.0GHz+ processor.
And if you are just starting– you shouldn’t worry much. Reputable WordPress hosting companies clearly state their offerings to be understandable to beginners and professionals. You can check how many websites a specific WP plan is sufficient for, the amount of bandwidth, storage, and so on.
What To Look At To Choose The Best WordPress Web Hosting For You?
You got up here; now you are on to the purchase. So, the only question left is, what should you look for in a quality WordPress web hosting for your business? We’re here to help – here are the key traits you should look for in the best WordPress hosting:
- Type of WordPress Hosting: First things first, you must establish what you need for your business. Sure, you are getting WordPress-specific hosting, but you can go in any direction – including shared, VPS, or dedicated environment. Do you need managed support as well? Scroll up to our thorough explanations and recommended uses of each to be able to choose the best WP hosting type for your site.
- An Uptime Guarantee: It’s a must – regardless of what anyone says. The WordPress web hosting company should be able to keep your site online at all times. If you experience downtime, you can lose a lot of visitors, SEO ranking, sales and face lower customer satisfaction. It would be best to get a provider with at least 99.95% guaranteed uptime – the closer to 100%, the better.
- Blazing Speed: WordPress optimization by itself should boost your website performance. Nowadays, people want things, and they want them fast. Your visitors will leave your site if it takes over two seconds to load. On the good side, you can easily test a WP provider’s speed. At this point, you should look for a well-established data center network, along with features such as SSD drives, Apache or Nginx servers, caching, and Cloudflare CDN.
- WP-Specific Security: You put up a lot of effort to build your site and publish great content to drive high traffic. It would be terrible to lose all the hard work because of a hack or DDoS attack. Ensure that the hosting provider supports a variety of WordPress security hardening technologies, including 2-Factor Authentication (2FA), Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), Secure Shell (SSH), activity log, and the dedicated firewall. Also, keep in mind that the best hosting for WordPress offers SSL certificates, the DDoS protection system, and the malware removal tool. Besides, look for backup solutions and the site cleanup feature, which are very important for restoring your website in the case of a security breach.
- Traffic Volume: You should also consider how much traffic your website gets when estimating your needs. Say you have 5,000 monthly visitors. You don’t want to be paying for 20,000 because you will spend your money and won’t get anything extra in return. At the same time, you don’t want to get a WP plan optimized for 2,000 visitors per month because it’s not sufficient – it will harm your performance, speed, and SEO rankings. Match your needs with the WP hosting provider’s offer, and you will be good to go.
- Bandwidth and Disk Space Limits: The same applies to your site storage, bandwidth, and any other resource in this regard. A good WP hosting company will be fully transparent in this regard. You should check how many websites the plan supports, what kind of files you can post, how fast the transfer is, how much you can transfer, and so on.
- Scalability Options: You chose the plan sufficient for your needs. But what happens when these needs increase – you might get more traffic or start posting more, so you need more storage or bandwidth? Whatever the case, the WordPress web hosting company should support your growth. They should not allow your site to crash but handle the influx instead. The best-case scenario is getting cloud WordPress hosting as the most flexible solution to scale.
- Plugin Access: The best WordPress hosting providers allow you the freedom to use any plugin that you like – they don’t restrict you to limited tools. Also, it would help if you looked for free licenses of different plugins, including Jetpack. It will help you to save money.
- WordPress Specific Support: The support team should focus only on WordPress rather than Drupal, Magento, or any other platform type. It ensures that you get support from the real experts, who can easily recognize the difference between a potential plugin conflict, a tricky theme, or a server-level issue. Also, they will help you with plugin updates and page optimization. The support team of the best WordPress hosting provider knows the exact setting required for your website to run at optimal performance.
- Other Features: Consider what other features you are getting with the WordPress plan. Will you enjoy the ease of use with the industry-standard cPanel and one-click installs? Can you expect a free domain name/transfer, website migration, free SSL certificates, and daily backups, or would you have to pay additionally for all this? Furthermore, consider WP-specific features, such as WordPress super caching, WP CLI, automatic WP updates, and more.
- A money-back guarantee: What if everything else fails and you’ve made a mistake with your choice? Well, you should at least be able to get your money back. Always check the refund policy before committing to a web host – it’s an additional security layer that you will be so grateful you got.
Our Expert Web Tips
While all might be perfect on paper, the reality can be pretty different. Here are the top five tips from our HostAdvice experts to easily detect shady WordPress providers.
- There’s a difference between regular rates and renewal rates: While you might get a one-time discount on your WordPress hosting plan, you should check whether it applies to the renewal rate as well (usually, it doesn’t). So, what if you get a monthly plan with a 90% discount? Well, you would face quite a shock when it renews the following month – you will pay way more. At this point, you should also compare the monthly offer with the annual plans. Web hosts usually offer better deals on longer-term contracts. However, to be able to benefit from this promotion, you would have to commit to the company for a year or more.
- Read the offers carefully: Free domains, free backups, free SSL certificates, free this, and that. But is it for real? Will you get this with the cheapest WordPress hosting plan, or is it just advertising? Usually, you have to get the most expensive plan or commit a year to benefit from these free add-ons. It’s a famous marketing trick among web hosts, so you should be wary of it!
- Unlimited is always limited: There’s no way, in reality, you can get unlimited storage, bandwidth, or websites. WordPress hosting plans are stored on physical hardware, which has its limitations. So, while a company might be advertising ‘unmetered’ resources, you should read the fine print to know what you are getting. You should contact customer support to get these details upfront if not specified. While these unlimited resources are sufficient for bloggers or small websites, they are indeed insufficient for high-traffic sites and large businesses.
- Know when you need a website migration: If you switch from one WordPress hosting provider to another, you need to transfer your website. The better alternative is to find a web host to migrate it for you for free. So, when you are looking for a new company, check whether this is included in the offer or not. Not all WP providers will grant the service for free. So, if you are paying for it, you should at least ensure it’s a human-powered migration to avoid any hassles and mistakes.
- Avoid unmanaged WordPress hosting: If you don’t have the skill, time, or experience to manage your WP-optimized plan, it’s best to leave this task to professionals. Unmanaged WP hosting plans grant you complete freedom over your server – you can install any tool you want and customize the environment to your liking without any hassle (well, that’s until you know how). You also get access to a full-featured hosting control panel and more features to utilize, and the best part is, it’s much cheaper than managed solutions. However, there will be no dedicated team of experts to guide you with everything. Instead, you have to rely on yourself or a team of developers. If you aren’t in such a position, the unmanaged solution will cost you way more in terms of lousy website performance, slow speeds, and bad SEO rankings.
Best WordPress Hosting By Region
Are you serving a particular target market in a specific geographic region? I would match the server location with my customer’s location if I were you. See, when the data center/server location is closer to your audience, you will reduce load times and eliminate latency. When visitors access your website, they will get all data and content without any delays. For instance, if your audience is in Germany, get a server in Germany (or at least in the surrounding areas in Europe). In turn, if your target market is the US, get a server in the US, and so on.
Fortunately, WordPress hosting providers tend to specialize in this regard. If you don’t know which provider to choose, feel free to follow our recommendations:
- Verpex– Best WordPress Hosting In The UK
- Bluehost – Best WordPress Hosting In India
- Hostpapa – Best WordPress Hosting For Canada
- HostArmada - Best WordPress Hosting In Europe
- Interserver – Best WordPress Hosting In The USA
Best WordPress Hosting By Other Popular Demands
- 000Webhost - Best Free Web Hosting For WordPress
- Flywheel – Best WordPress Hosting For eCommerce
- WPEngine – Best WordPress Hosting For Agencies
- Convesio – Best WordPress Hosting For Bloggers
- HostArmada – Best WordPress Hosting For Beginners
- Webdock – Best WordPress Hosting For Developers
- Hostinger – Best WordPress Hosting For Designers & Photographers
Best WP Hosting: Final Recommendations
You can indeed “get away” with regular web hosting if you have a WordPress website. However, we honestly advise you to get a WP-optimized plan to make your site faster, easier to navigate, and more secure.
Still, you have to dedicate some time and effort to regular updates to maintain optimal performance. If you can’t do so, it’s best to go with managed WordPress hosting. This way, you can entirely rely on the web host to run your project smoothly, covering all plugin, theme, and PHP updates. But remember, this luxury comes at a price – you’ll always face a trade-off, and it’s up for you to decide.
In summary, the best WordPress hosting plan for your business will always depend on your requirements and preferences. Following the above-explained steps, tips, and recommendations, will surely put you on the right track. So, what are you waiting for? Get your WordPress-optimized plan today!