Affiliate marketing is a simple way to make money online by promoting products or services from a different company. Every time you send a new customer to their website, you earn a small amount each time.
When you do affiliate marketing correctly, it lets you earn money passively. Once you put the affiliate link on your website, readers can click on the link, even when you are sleeping, meaning you make money quickly.
Of course, it isn’t enough to just put links on the internet. To learn how to start affiliate marketing from scratch, you must first create an affiliate website. Here’s how to build an affiliate website step by step.
Decide What You Want To Sell
Discovering what your niche is will be one of the most significant factors in determining your success in making money. When it comes to picking what you want to market, you should choose something that interests you. For example, if you love fashion, you might want to work with a fashion brand. Your website could include different tips or your favorite look of the day.
If you are a running enthusiast, you might choose to work with running shoes or clothes. Your site could include links and then also reviews on the various products.
Regardless of the topic, make sure you do research. To learn how to create a successful affiliate website, first, you must become an expert in the field. Many people will come to your site because they are looking for advice or answers to questions. Try to position yourself as a knowledgeable person who can guide them in their questions.
Choose A Domain Name And Hosting Platform
Do you need a website to be an affiliate marketer? The answer is no; there are other ways like through social media or YouTube ads. However, creating a website is an extremely effective way to make money passively.
Learning how to start an affiliate marketing website is easier than it sounds. First, you should choose a domain name, which is your website’s address. This is the name that your visitors will type into the browser to find your website. Therefore, pick a domain name that makes sense for the products you are going to be selling. If you want to link to hiking products, you might use www.HikingGearReviews.com or something along those lines.
After you have decided on a domain name, you should pick a hosting provider next. We recommend you should pick a hosting provider that has these qualities
- A drag-and-drop website builder
- Free, beautiful templates
- 24/7 customer support available
- Secure and reliable
- Free SSL Certificate
- Offers sufficient storage and bandwidth for your needs
How To Build An Affiliate Website Using WordPress
Using WordPress is an effective way to build a website. It is important to note, though, that to learn how to build high quality affiliate websites, there is a bit of a learning curve. However, it is very flexible to use once you start to learn how to use it properly.
Once you have chosen a niche group of products you might be interested in marketing, the next step is to join an affiliate program. I recommend that you use something like Amazon Associates to help create your own affiliate website.
Once you have selected the product, Amazon Associates will send you an affiliate link, which you will then use to promote the product on your site.
However, as your affiliate marketing becomes more successful, you will begin to use that same link within many different blog posts. It can be hard to manage and organize your affiliate links within your WordPress site. The big advantage of using WordPress is the plethora of plugins available to you. One example is ThirstyAffiliates, which allows you to organize all your links in one location. Therefore, if you ever need to replace an affiliate link, it takes you just seconds instead of hours.
Decide If You Want To Use A Website Builder
To learn how to make a successful affiliate website, you must consider the design of your website. If you want something that is quick and easy and doesn’t require any technical skills, then using one of the top affiliate website builder platforms can be a great way to help you design a beautiful website without much effort on your part.
Here are some of the best affiliate site builders:
- Wix is perfect for people who want to create a beautiful website that they can customize as needed. Wix is also one of the most popular Amazon Affiliate website builder platforms out there because you can create a site that suits your needs. There are SEO, email marketing, and social media tools available to Wix platform owners. Wix Editor is easy to use and has tons of templates that are mobile-friendly.
- GoCentral is the website builder from the hosting provider GoDaddy. It has a simple swipe-to-style interface that helps you to arrange your content as needed. It is a great Amazon Associates website builder because the blogging platform has tools handy that can help boost your ranking on Google. GoCentral has tons of features that help your online store integrate onto your website flawlessly.
- WordPress, while technically not a website builder, has more than 50 templates that are specially designed for affiliate marketing websites. There are both free and premium templates to choose from for your website. As mentioned above, the plugins like ThirstyAffiliates and Affiliates Manager help WordPress to stand out as one of the best affiliate site builders.
Create Meaningful Content
Some of the best affiliate marketing websites are so good at what they do that you don’t even realize what they are doing. These types of affiliate marketing sites can entice their readers effectively with genuinely useful content. As you read their expert opinions, you might be compelled to click on a link because you want to learn more. All of this helps the affiliate marketing site make money.
Here are a few of the best affiliate marketing website examples out there:
- NerdWallet: Nerdwallet has been around for a long time and does what they do well. It reviews everything from credit cards to insurance within the financial world. While discussing different products, they include affiliate links in their content to encourage you to click.
- The Wire Cutter: This is another popular review affiliate website that covers consumer goods, gadgets, and electronics. It focuses on finding the best product in each category and includes an affiliate link each time.
- Dating Advice: This site is unique among other affiliate marketing websites because they offer dating advice and dating website reviews. They stand out within a cluttered niche by focusing on expert advice and answering their readers’ questions.
How To Make A Profitable Affiliate Marketing Website: FAQ
What kind of website should I make for money?
A popular option for setting up an affiliate site is to create a blogging site. If you can create good content that drives in readers, then you can begin to grow your affiliate marketing website.
Do you need a website to be an affiliate marketer?
Not necessarily, but you will need an online presence. You could choose to promote your links through social media, create an eBook, promote through forums, use YouTube videos, or market through email campaigns.
How to set up affiliate marketing for my website?
One effective way is to join Amazon Associates, ShareASale, or Commission Junction. There are affiliate programs which help you to browse products and then send you links to promote that product on your website.
- Check out our recommendations for the best wordpress web hosting.