WordPress hosting is a web hosting service that only provides shared servers and resources optimized to host WordPress websites. Most website owners consider price before the data center location when choosing a WordPress hosting provider. However, if your website visitors or traffic are coming from Canada, make sure the web hosting provider you want to choose offers WordPress hosting in Canada.
Google search results for your websites will improve if your server location and physical address are Canadian. Most WordPress hosting providers will recommend a closer data center location based on your IP address or physical location. This means Google will recognize that your website is providing solutions for Canadians and will recommend your website whenever someone requests a related service or product.
At HostAdvice, our hosting experts went in search of WordPress hosting providers in Canada and reviewed them based on the quality of their hosting solution. They created the top 5 WordPress hosting providers in Canada using our ranking parameters to evaluate their performance.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing WordPress Hosting in Canada
- Choose a host that guarantees fast loading times on a reliable server
- Ensure your hosting provider offers 1-year free domain registration to save costs.
- Choose a WordPress host that provides technical assistance whenever you need to transfer your website.
- Make sure the WordPress host has a data center in Canada for fast response to website requests.
- Consider a host that offers effortless setup and maintenance with WordPress pre-installed or 1-click WordPress install.
Our Top 7 WordPress Hosting Providers in Canada (Bought and Tested)
If you are targeting Canadians and need a reliable hosting provider to host your WordPress websites, Hostpapa has everything you need, including a data center in Canada. With over 200,000 websites hosted, Hostpapa offers a fully optimized WordPress hosting service with features that provides enhanced speed and accelerated performance. We like that they allow users to enable Jetpack, which will allow search engines to crawl, index and rank your WordPress websites.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Features: 4.3
- Reliability: 4.4
- User Friendly: 4.4
- Support: 4.5
- Pricing: 4.3
Take your WordPress website to the next level with free Cloudflare CDN and WordPress caching to experience faster loading times and reliable global performance. Hostpapa provides zero-click WordPress installation to start building and setting up your website on its powerful servers in Canada. If you already have a domain name and need to transfer your website to HostPapa, they have dedicated Papasquad experts ready to assist with all the technical details.
- Free 30 mins WordPress training sessions whenever you purchase any of their WordPress hosting plans.
- Knowledge base access with WordPress hosting tips and tricks to help you start building your website.
- Host 2 websites with their Basic plan(quite rare compared to other WordPress hosting providers)
Features (4.3): HostPapa offers optimized WordPress features like JetPack pre-installed, WordPress caching, WPForms, Brute force attack protection, Free Let’s Encrypt SSL, SEO optimized WordPress plugin, Cloudflare free CDN, Free WordPress installation, Free WordPress migration and more!
Reliability (4.4): They optimized their hosting architecture to host WordPress websites with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
User-Friendly (4.4): HostPapa takes care of everything to protect your WordPress website with the latest security patches. They also have tutorials and free one-on-one training sessions to help you understand how to build a website with WordPress.
Support (4.5): You can access their award-winning PapaSquad WordPress support team in 4 multi-lingual languages (English, French, Spanish & German). You can ask for help or assistance via live chat, email and phone.
Pricing (4.3): Hostpapa is a Canadian-owned web hosting company with prices in CAD, allowing you to save costs with outrageous exchange rates. Here is a breakdown of their optimized WordPress hosting prices and their specifications:
- WP Starter: $3.95/month – 2 websites, 1 CPU core, 150,000 Inodes, 100 GB SSD storage, and 100 email accounts. The regular price is $10.99/month.
- WP Business: $5.95/month – Unlimited websites, 2 CPU cores, 300,000 Inodes, Unlimited SSD storage, and Unlimited email accounts. The regular price is $15.99/month.
- WP Business Pro: $12.95/month – Unlimited websites, 450,000 Inodes, Unlimited SSD storage, SEO optimized plugin, 300% performance boost, 4x more CPU and Unlimited email accounts. The regular price is $25.99/month.
- Free 30-mins one-on-one WordPress coaching session
- They have Canadian customer service and servers.
- They provide everything your website needs with optimized WordPress hosting.
- Free domain transfer and WordPress migration
- Premium WP features like SEO optimized plugin, premium wildcard SSL, and 300% performance boost are only available on the highest plan.
Give your website the Cloudways edge by leveraging the performance of managed WordPress hosting plans in Canada available across 5 cloud providers. Cloudways collaborates with DigitalOcean, Vultr, AWS, Linose, and GoogleCloud to allow you to pick your preferred cloud server infrastructure for optimum website performance. We like that you can choose Toronto, Canada, data center whenever you pick any of the listed cloud providers.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Reliability: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
Multiple WordPress hosting plans allow you to seamlessly scale your server resources with their 1-click process without affecting server customization. You will get a worry-free experience with a performance that scales, allowing you to focus on others things while Cloudways handles the technical environment. Also, you can distribute tasks to your team members by assigning them limited or full access to your WordPress server or applications.
- Auto-healing feature that restarts your servers in case your WordPress website crashes at peak times.
- Firewalls and regular OS patches to ensure your website resides in a secured hosting environment.
Features (4.6): They have a variety of WordPress hosting features optimized to boost your website performance. You will get features like CloudwaysBot, Cloudflare CDN, Optimized Stack, Managed Backups, 1-Click App Launch, IP Whitelisting, 1-Click SSL Installation, WP Migrator Plugin, Git Integration, Cloudflare Add-on, Regular Security Patching, Dedicated Firewalls, Staging Environment and more!
Reliability (4.7): Cloudways offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and top-of-the-chart global response times with Cloudway CDN.
User-Friendly (4.6): As a new Cloudway customer, you have access to a free 3-day trial to experience a WordPress hosting solution that enhances productivity.
Support (4.7): You have access to 24/7 expert support and real-time monitoring via live chat, online ticketing and phone. Your problems will be solved, and your worries will be taken away with an additional advanced support add-on that enhances the support you get.
Pricing (4.6): Choose a WordPress hosting plan to host your WordPress website in a Toronto data center by picking any of the 5 cloud hosting providers. Then, you can choose a plan by toggling between premium/standard, as shown in the screenshot below.
- They offer a 3-day free trial
- Managed WordPress hosting on auto-healing servers
- Unlimited application installation and free migration
- They offer scalable Cloud WordPress hosting plans to optimize operational costs.
- There is no money-back guarantee or free domain registration.
FastComet infrastructure is powered by 11 data centers located in strategic locations where your website needs to be, including one in Toronto, Canada. You will get the feel of a virtual server with CloudLinux OS to experience improved server stability and security by allocating resources and isolating user accounts. We like that they enable easy start and pain-free website transfer with complete 360° control to build, deploy and host your WordPress website.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.8
- User Friendly: 4.8
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.7
FastComet has optimized FastCloud for WordPress hosting and includes out-of-the-box features for fast website performance and security. You will get FastGuard WordPress security to counteract malicious attacks with a shield of protection for your website. Plus, you have access to an extra layer of performance with their RocketBooster optimization based on Varnish Cachewall and LiteSpeed LSPHP Technology.
Features (4.8): FastComet WordPress hosting plan comes with features you need to kickstart your website and reach your audience in Canada. You will get features like Brute force protection, Litespeed cache, WP CLI, BitNinja server security, free website transfer, free domain registration, Drag&Drop site builder, Cloudflare CDN caching, FTP manager, MySQL databases, daily backups and more!
Reliability (4.8): FastComet guarantees 100% network availability and will compensate you in case of downtime up to 10% of your monthly payment as credit for every hour of website downtime.
User-Friendly (4.8): As a FastComet customer, you will get 100% customer satisfaction plus real-time server monitoring to ensure your servers are running 24/7.
Support (4.9): You will get better 24/7 support with WordPress experts ready to assist you with any complicated task you might encounter.
Pricing (4.7): Here is a breakdown of their special WordPress hosting in Canada prices today and their regular prices.
- FastCloud: $2.49/month – 2 GB RAM, Single website, 15 GB SSD storage, 2 CPU cores, 25,000 unique visits per month, and 1 free website transfer. Renews at $9.95/month
- FastCloud Plus: $3.70/month – 3 GB RAM, Multiple websites, 4 CPU cores, 25 GB SSD storage, 50,000 unique visits per month, and 3 free website transfers. Renews at $14.95/month.
- FastCloud Extra: $4.99/month – 6 GB RAM, Multiple websites, 6 CPU cores, 35 GB SSD storage, 100,000 unique visits per month, and 3 free website transfers. Renews at $19.95/month.
- They offer a 45-day money-back guarantee
- Optimized FastCloud for WordPress hosting
- Complete 360° control to manage your WordPress account from the cPanel dashboard
- Step-by-step WordPress tutorials to get you started
- They don’t have Canadian-based customer service.
Rating Based on Expert Review
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.6
- User-Friendly: 4.7
- Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.7
As the name suggests, ChemiCloud is a cloud-based WordPress hosting provider. The servers of the company are located at different places around the world, which enhance the overall performance of your site and guarantee 99.99% uptime.
The ability to access cPanel via Client Area makes it a user-friendly hosting provider. With its simple website builder, creating your site is a breeze. You just need to choose your desired template from a range of customizable templates. With responsive design features, a site looks amazing on both mobile and desktop. Other features include unlimited disk space and scalable bandwidth.
Features: ChemiCloud offers a range of features, including a free LiteSpeed server, 99.99% uptime guarantee, free cPanel License, let’s encrypt SSL (free), free remote backups, free migrations, and dedicated IP address.
Reliability: Fast connectivity and 99.99% uptime are two of ChemiCloud’s most prominent features. The reason behind its outstanding performance is the placement of Cloudflare CDN servers at 200 different locations. It not only enhances your site’s security but also improves the page loading speed.
User-Friendly: ChemiCloud is a user-friendly WordPress hosting service. Building a new site is extremely easy with its drag-and-drop builder. Creating a website of your choice takes only a few minutes. Also, ChemiCloud offers 350 mobile-friendly templates to meet your needs.
Support: ChemiCloud takes good care of its customers by offering a 24/7 support system. With proactive monitoring, ChemiCloud looks for the smallest issues and resolves them timely. So, you won’t have to face unexpected downtime. Customer support options include live chat, email, and phone.
Pricing: The starter plan costs $4.48/month. It comes with 1 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD, unlimited bandwidth, free Let’s Encrypt SSL, etc.
- Fast and reliable WordPress hosting provider
- Extreme load handling ability
- Drag-and-drop website builder
- Free domain and SSL certificate
- Variety of security features (i.e. IP Blocker, 2FA, SSH Access, & malware protection)
- Expert and Friendly Support team
- Starter plan doesn’t offer firewall protection
- Lacks Knowledge base
Kinsta is another WordPress hosting-only platform powered by Google Cloud infrastructure and the fastest C2 virtual machines. They use 34 data centers globally to store your website content close to visitors, including two in Montreal and Toronto, Canada. We like that they have a built-in Kinsta Application Performance Monitoring tool available on all plans to identify the performance issues slowing down your website.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Features: 4.9
- Reliability: 5.0
- User Friendly: 5.0
- Support: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.8
Kinsta has dedicated solutions tailored for your business needs, including Agencies, Enterprise clients, eCommerce sites and Multisites. You can redefine your WordPress performance with premium WordPress hosting plans to save time and money on your end. Plus, you can manage your hosting account from their intuitive and easy-to-use MyKinsta dashboard to track your plan usage and site metrics and use hosting tools to improve site performance.
Features (4.9): You can power your WordPress website with premium hosting features like Devkinsta, Enterprise-Level Firewall and DDoS Protection, Global Content Delivery Network, Kinsta APM, Simplified website caching, Weekly automatic database optimization, Cloudflare DDoS protection and free SSL, Automatic backups, Staging environment, Easy redirects management and more!
Reliability (5.0): Sleep easy knowing your website is monitored and secured with a 99.9% uptime SLA and hack-free guarantee.
User-Friendly (5.0): With their 30-day money-back guarantee, you have enough time to test their hosting solution risk-free.
Support (5.0): As a Kinsta customer, you can access all the support and help you need to power your website from the best-in-class support staff.
Pricing (4.8): You will get easily scalable plans as your business grows. Here is a breakdown of their premium managed WordPress hosting plans:
- Starting plan: $35/month – 1 WordPress install, 25,000 visits, and 10 GB disk space.
- Business plan: $115/month – 5 WordPress install, 100,000 visits, and 30 GB disk space.
- Agency plan: $340/month – 20 WordPress install, 400,000 visits, and 50 GB disk space
- Enterprise plan: $675/month – 60 WordPress install, 1,000,000 visits, and 100 GB disk space.
- Their WordPress hosting package delivers faster page load to all users.
- Built to handle traffic spikes with ease
- Custom plans with C2 virtual machines, additional PHP workers, and reverse proxy
- They offer top-tier infrastructure with 34 data centers worldwide.
- There is no telephone support, email hosting or free domain registration
WordPress Hosting in Canada – Final Recommendations
As you now know, WordPress hosting in Canada is provided by hosting companies that have their data center located strategically in popular places in Canada like Toronto and Montreal. Most hosting providers have done the heavy lifting for you to build up a new website from scratch in under a minute. They have pre-installed WordPress plugins and themes to help you build your new website and start publishing content to run your business.
Pricing and performance are the king and queen of the hosting industry, but you must consider other factors like data center location for fast website loads. It would have been easier to choose any hosting provider if they were created equal or had the same quality. But, you don’t need to worry; our top 5 WordPress hosting in Canada were chosen based on our ranking factors which will be discussed below.
How do we rank, and how should you choose your WordPress hosting in Canada?
WordPress hosting in Canada should come with security that never sleeps, faster load times to website requests and a hosting environment created by hosting providers for Canadians. We have searched for the available WordPress hosting providers in Canada and tested them hands-on for months to bring you the top 5 WordPress hosting in Canada.
Our Ranking Factors
- User reviews30%
- Performance and reliability10%
- Types of hosting offered5%
- Customer support10%
- Site speed8%
- Bandwidth and storage3%
- Traffic volume4%
- Scaling potential4%
- Features included10%
- Ease of use4%
- Starting price4%
- Money back guarantee3%
- Other factors5%
At HostAdvice, we continually update our review methodologies to research the best hosting providers based on important ranking factors. Each factor is assigned a certain percentage based on its importance in the selection process or overall rating. Furthermore, we considered the availability of a data center in Canada while testing countless WordPress hosting providers.
Here is a breakdown of some of the important factors we used to rank the top 5 WordPress hosting in Canada:
Performance and reliability:
- Does the hosting provider offer a reliable uptime guarantee?
- If yes, is it up to 99.9% and above?
- Does the WordPress host have a data center in Canada?
- Is it optimized for WordPress hosting?
Before choosing your next WordPress hosting provider in Canada, ensure they offer features that are proven to enhance the performance of your website. Most hosting providers offer free Cloudflare CDN to deliver fast WordPress hosting by caching your content locally to your audience in Canada.
- Does the host provide hosting tools to build and optimize your WordPress websites?
Look for features like one-click WordPress installation or pre-installed WordPress, WordPress caching, free SSL certificate, free website migration, WordPress themes and plugins, daily backups and website builder. Make sure these features are included with your plans, plus additional features that will guarantee fast website speed and security.
- Will the host allow you to get a refund if you decide to change your mind?
A reliable WordPress hosting provider will offer between 30 – 45 days money-back guarantee or a free trial to test out their service risk-free. This guarantee can help you decide whether to commit long-term or look for another hosting provider.
Bandwidth and storage:
- Does the host offer enough resources to power your website?
- Will they allow you to effortlessly scale your resources when your website outgrows the allotted storage space or bandwidth?
Hosting providers customize their plans differently, and prices vary across WordPress hosting plans. Some hosting providers also allow you to build your own plan, which could help you set the number of resources you need to run and maintain your website growth.
- Does the host have a team to help you resolve any questions you might have?
- Will you enjoy access to WordPress experts and 24/7 award-winning support?
It is important to have someone guide you whenever you have doubts about the next step. Hence, ensure you can reach their WP experts via live chat, email or phone and that you will get a reply in minutes.
This is based on genuine reviews or feedback dropped by users to rate the performance and their experience using a WordPress host. You can use this factor to evaluate whether a particular hosting provider is worth giving a try or not.
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress hosting is a hosting solution on shared servers created to host WordPress websites only. WordPress is the most popular website building tool in the world, powering the highest percentage of websites for businesses. For this reason, hosting providers customize a specific service to optimize WordPress websites.
It comes with WordPress pre-installed or available via 1-click installs to allow you to build, deploy and host your website.You can host your WordPress websites with other web hosting, but WordPress hosting is recommended, as the backend IT environment is tailored to host WordPress websites only. Since only WordPress websites will be hosted on your server, it will result in faster website load and performance.
Benefits of WordPress Hosting in Canada
Choosing the top WordPress hosting provider in Canada can be daunting, but here are some benefits you will get if you choose any of our top 5 WordPress hosts in Canada.
- You will get 24/7 support from in-house WordPress experts
- You can test a WordPress hosting service risk-free with a money-back guarantee or free trial.
- You can host your website close to your local audience in Canada for fast response to website requests and ultra-low latency servers.
- Your website will be protected and secured with the latest security patches and updates.
- You will get a staging environment to develop and test your website before going live.
- The host will handle the site management while you focus on your business
- Most hosting providers will allow you to upgrade your resources when you outgrow the previous plan
How Much Does WordPress Hosting in Canada Cost?
According to our top 5 WordPress hosting providers in Canada, the average cost of WordPress hosting in Canada is between $2.49 to $679.
However, the price of WordPress hosting in Canada varies across different hosting providers since each host customizes its hosting package differently. Some might include some premium features like JetPack that offer more performance to client websites.
Additionally, some hosts, like HostPapa, offer different managed WordPress hosting prices from their optimized WordPress hosting. You will need to pay more if you want the host to handle the majority of your site management. This is a good choice for people with no technical knowledge on how to deal with the headaches of the backend IT environment or those who want to focus more on their business.
What to Look for in a WordPress Hosting Provider
If you have chosen WordPress as your website builder, you will definitely be on the lookout for a reliable host to power your website. Here are some of the features you need to consider:
Speed and Uptime: Your website visitors prefer to navigate through pages that load quickly. Also a slow website page load can increase bounce rates and reduce conversion rates. So it’s a good idea to consider hosting features that will improve speed and site performance, such as JetPack, CDN, and free SSL certificates.
If your website is not hosted on a reliable server, downtime can negatively affect your ranking in search results and reduce your website’s visibility online. Consider only hosts with 99.9% uptime and above.
Pre-installed WordPress or 1-click installation: This is a simplified way to build your website with WordPress. Most hosts will include this feature to allow you to install the CMS builder in minutes. Compared to a manual installation that requires going through tedious steps like downloading the WordPress tool to a computer.
Customer support: Even if you have all the technical knowledge to handle some simple site management tasks, you can’t know it all. Hence, you should be able to reach out to the hosting provider’s support team to ask questions.
Consider hosts that put optimal effort into walking you through the necessary issues you might have.
Security: If your website is not secured, hackers can infect your website visitors with malware leaving your website vulnerable to data loss, downtime or malware attacks. Most WordPress hosts include security features that are proven to defend your website and stop malicious attacks from affecting your website’s performance.
Look for features like windows firewall, DDoS protection, malware scan and removal, Jetpack security features, and a free SSL certificate.
Free site migration: Most hosts have a standby team in place to help you migrate your website or transfer your domain from anywhere. This tool will allow you to transfer your site without putting your site at risk.
Look out for hosts that offer free migration, plus an in-house team to walk you through the migration process.
Server resources: Choose a WordPress hosting package that offers enough resources to store your website files and handle your website traffic. Plus, you should be able to scale your resources whenever you outgrow the resources on the previous plan.
Money-back guarantee: Most hosting providers will allow you to test their hosting solution risk-free with a 30 – 45 days money-back guarantee or free trial option. You can get a refund if you change your mind within the duration.
Data center location: Since you want to target your audience in Canada, make sure the hosting provider you want to choose has a data center located strategically in any location in Canada to eliminate slow website page load and reduce bounce rate.