Written by Bruno Mirchevski, Posted on , Updated on .
Why Choose These Linux Hosts as the Best Hosting Providers?
Linux is a UNIX-based open-source platform that is used for website hosting. LAMP is the most important feature of Linux for web hosting and is an acronym for Linux, Apache, MariaDB/MYSQL, and Perl/Python/PHP.
What this means is that it offers a combination of server and software technologies that are fully open-source, making it an optimal solution for people that are on a tight budget, or just starting out and simply do not want to spend that much to begin with.
Linux hosting has a reputation for offering a high level of technical support, low costs, easy backup management, being secure and stable, and having simple administration. Make sure to check out all of the Linux hosting reviews for making the best decision.
Here are the things you need to look out for when you want to buy the best Linux web hosting:
- Are the uptimes and load times up to your standard?
- What kind of security features are you getting with the cheap Linux hosting solution?
- How much bandwidth and storage can you expect?
- Does it provide you with free backups?
- Does it provide you with free SSL certificates?
Who Linux Hosting Server is For
- Newcomers to online hosting providers
- People who want a cheaper alternative to Windows hosting
- Companies and individuals who do not already rely on paid products
- Users that want a high level of flexibility and support
- For the individuals that want the most stable hosting experience
Linux Based Hosting Compared
People or businesses that rely on Microsoft tools and software packages primarily use Windows hosting. This is due to the fact that they can be a hassle to port and use on Linux.
Aside from that, Windows is known for being a lot more heavyweight when it comes to resource usage, and a lot more prone to crashes and downtime. Linux on the other hand is lightweight and extremely stable by comparison, and even lets you do just about anything you can think of doing due to its open-source nature. Linux users also rely on cPanel most of the time in order to manage their web development tasks, while Windows Hosting plans rely on Plesk.
If a website uses ASP.NET, Microsoft Access, or Microsoft SQL Server Files, it simply has to be hosted on a Windows-based server hosting due to the fact that it has the highest compatibility.
If a website uses PHP, Perl, WordPress, MySQL, and so on, it can be easily integrated on a Linux-based hosting plan. Their main difference however relies on the capabilities they offer their users.
Linux is the leading operating system on servers (over 96.4% of the top 1 million web servers’ operating systems are Linux).
Factors to Consider for Linux Hosting
When it comes to Linux Hosting, it has a lot to offer if you are a newcomer, especially if you are not tied to any pre-existing technology that demands the Windows hosting option. That being said, Linux hosting offers a wide range of solutions; however, you still need to consider a few things before deciding to buy Linux web hosting.
- Analyze the Reliability and Uptime – When it comes to consistency, it can play a huge role in how your server behaves, and as such you need to find a reliable hosting provider that can guarantee 99% uptime as well as a high level of reliability when it comes to maintenance periods. The best way to do this is to pick a hosting provider with a proven track record as well as a good reputation.
- Conduct and Analysis of the Security Systems in Place – You need to analyze each hosting provider and find one that offers a firewall, DDoS protection, 24/7 network monitoring, and much more.
- Make Sure It Offers a Solid Support Team – The command line in Linux can be a challenge, especially if you are new and this is your first time managing a Linux server. It is at this moment in time that you need a solid support team more than ever, and that is why it is an essential part of any hosting provider.
- Level of Support the Hosting Plan Has in Terms of Software and Applications – Linux essentially supports just about anything and everything in this regard, and there is no limit as to what you can do, so whatever you end up picking, you will have full support.
- The Costs You Can Expect by Going through The Linux Hosting Route – Many of the software features used in Linux-based hosting are free of charge because they are open-source. Even if you end up finding ones that are paid, they are typically extremely affordable, which makes this one of the cheapest ways to get a website up and running with all of the bells and whistles.
Last Words About Linux Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated Linux Hosting Services provide an entire server that’s fully available and reserved for you as the client. You can host multiple websites on it, and the single server in the network has everything it needs in order to support the websites hosted on it. It is essentially a rented space to serve a specific business need.
It gives you root access, larger bandwidth, the ability to upgrade and scale, a higher level of security and reliability, and much more customization.
When it comes to Cheap Linux Dedicated server hosting, these do require a bit more technical know-how from your end to manage, and you have plenty of packages to choose from based on your specific needs. You can start with 2GB of ram, 2TB storage, and a 2-core processor for example, and move your way up from there per your specific needs.
While Linux server hosting is the most common starting point for newcomers who might not know exactly what they are doing and obviously need a high level of support, let us for a second imagine that you are a Linux server expert. Even if you know absolutely everything there is to know, you will still need a high level of support.
This is due to the fact that, while you can remotely access the server, manipulate all of the files, and do everything that you need to, at the end of the day, the server is in a physical location somewhere else in the world. This could be thousands of kilometers or miles away from you. As such, it can be costly and inconvenient for you to have to physically go there and resolve any issues. This is why customer support is important, as they can resolve this issue for you. You should always pick a hosting provider that has a reputation for having the highest level of customer support.
Choosing the Best Linux Hosting For You
Linux hosting plans essentially support about 90% of all of your needs. The only exception to this rule is if you are already relying on many Microsoft-based services that you have to opt-in for that kind of hosting plan instead. You get everything in terms of tools that can help you build the next ecommerce conglomerate, even on the cheap Linux web hosting plans, or simply open up a blog and share your knowledge in a specific niche with the world. Hosting Linux servers will even empower you to create unique development for your website, so make sure that you educate yourself as much as possible before picking the perfect Linux hosting plan for your specific needs.