NVME VPS hosting is a VPS hosting service that utilizes NVME (Non-Volatile Memory Express) drives for storage to increase the response times to website requests. If waiting for a website is something you want to avoid, NVMe will give you faster website loading times.
NVME VPS is recommended for websites that want to increase their website conversions and improve their user experience with faster website loading times. With NVME VPS, you will get drives that use less power and reduce latency for better site performance, transfer speeds, and security. Due to this, many web hosting providers are now navigating towards using NVME drives as their SSD storage protocol.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing NVME VPS Hosting Provider
- Make sure the hosting provider includes NVME SSD drives across all plans.
- Choose a host that will provide technical support to help you achieve faster website speeds and better site performance.
- Ensure the hosting provider has data centers closer to your audience and offers an SLA-backed uptime guarantee.
- Pick a host that offers reliable virtualization software
- Ensure the host offers the best security features to protect your websites.
Our Top Best NVME VPS Hosting Providers in 2023 (Bought and Tested)
Kamatera is one of the best web hosting providers available on the market. It’s versatile, scalable, and flexible and offers a plethora of hosting and other solutions in one place. With it, not only can you get super-fast NVMe VPS hosting, but you can also find all the other features needed to get a website off the ground. Also, its payment options are highly flexible, which is a great bonus.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 5.0
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: With Kamatera, you can choose to pay by minute, hour, or month. Thanks to its flexible billing plans, you’ll only pay for the resources you use, nothing more, nothing less. Its plans start at $4/month or $0.005/hour, and you can cancel anytime.
Features: Kamatera offers instant scaling up and down, a low total cost of ownership, simple backup and monitoring, cost-effective cloud servers, cloud block storage, a private cloud network, a cloud load balancer, a firewall, managed services, and more.
Performance: This provider offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee and no single point of failure for your websites. It has state-of-the-art data centers in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East (Israel).
Support: You’ll get round-the-clock customer support via live chat, phone, and email, along with fast responses from the Kamatera customer support team. Also, you can go for the managed NVMe VPS option, where professionals will handle all the technical tasks regarding your hosting.
User Friendly: With this provider, you’ll be able to set up your server in minutes thanks to its simple user interface. After you set everything up, you can manage your hosting plan and website directly from your dashboard.
Pros & Cons
- Scalable resources that you can increase or decrease whenever you want without your website slowing down or going offline.
- Reliable performance with fast NVMe storage.
- Flexible billing that allows you to only pay for the resources you use.
- It might not be suitable for beginners (but there’s a managed option they can get to make things much easier).
InterServer is a secure and fast web hosting provider that offers top-notch Windows VPS hosting. It is powered by the Microsoft native Hyper-v platform and allows you to have access to your resources at all times and in all places. InterServer’s Remote Desktop option is always on and connected, allowing you to manage your hosting and websites no matter where you are.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.5
- Features: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- User Friendly: 4.4
Pricing: InterServer’s Windows-based NVMe VPS plans start at $10/month. The entry-level plan includes one CPU core, 2,048MB of RAM, 30GB of storage, and 2TB transfer.
Features: Some of the features you’ll get from InterServer include instant scalability, Windows Remote Desktop, Plesk, DigiCert SSL, CloudLinux, Cloudflare, Atomicorp, NodeJs, PHP, NGINX, Let’s Encrypt, Git, ImunifyAV, backup to Cloud Pro, full root access, and more.
Performance: InterServer uses top-notch hardware and fast-paced NVMe storage to provide you with stable and reliable performance. It offers low loading times and a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Support: InterServer offers round-the-clock customer support that is responsive and fast. You can reach it via phone, email, live chat, and a ticketing system. Also, there’s a “Tips” section on the InterServer website full of guides and tutorials.
User Friendly: InterServer comes with the best control panel there is for Windows – Plesk. Via Plesk, you can manage your hosting and website, add apps, and maintain everything with a few simple clicks.
Pros & Cons
- Fast-paced Windows VPS hosting.
- Top-notch customer support, which is available 24/7 for all InterServer users.
- Excellent security features.
- It only has servers in the US.
Ultahost is among the hosting providers that provide NVMe SSD drives on all their cheap VPS plans. They offer everything you need to power your website and advanced solution to help you handle your high-traffic sites. We like that they provide instant .iso files using a dedicated ILO/KVM server interface to install and set up any OS.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.8
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.8
With Ultahost, you will get the latest NVMe SSD set up in a redundant RAID 10 configuration, so you don’t have to worry about failed hard drives and data loss. You will also get full root access to control your hosting environment and configure your VPS hosting with custom installs. Ultahost will handle your website transfer from any host to ensure you experience a hassle-free setup to get your website running fast.
They offer a free Hestia cPanel or cyber panel to allow you to manage your server for free, control your hosting accounts, and install applications with a single click. Their servers are ultra optimized with 14th generation Dell servers configured to deliver maximum network, power and hard drive redundancy. They also protect your website server from vulnerabilities and unwanted access with Bitninja security.
Features (4.8): You will get a Built-in cache, Dedicated Firewalls, IP Whitelisting, SSL Certificates, Free web hosting transfer, Node.js Socket, Free Email Addresses, Free Snapshots, MySQL Database, HTTP/2 Enabled Servers, Auto Healing, Free Domain Transfer, SSH and SFTP Access, DNS manager, Full Root Access, Free Cloudflare CDN, Free dedicated IP, Unlimited bandwidth, and more.
Reliability (4.9): They guarantee an uptime of 99.9% due to the confidence in their hosting infrastructure.
User-Friendly (4.8): They offer scalable DDR4 RAM, which can be upgraded from your VPS control panel.
Support (4.9): Ultahost allows you to enjoy their premium support options for free to resolve any problem you might run into quickly and efficiently.
Pricing (4.8): Ultahost pricing changes when you navigate across the different control panel options provided on their NVMe VPS hosting plans. cPanel and Plesk Control panel are paid while Hestia & cyberpanel are free. We will review the basic plans under the Hestia & cyberpanel since it offers the cheapest prices. Here is a breakdown of NVMe VPS hosting and its specifications:
- VPS Basic: $5.5/month – 1 CPU Core, 1 GB RAM, 30 GB NVMe SSD, and 7 Hosted websites.
- VPS Business: $9.5/month – 2 CPU Core, 2 GB RAM, 50 GB NVMe SSD, and Unlimited websites.
- VPS Professional: $16.5/month – 3 CPU Core, 4 GB RAM, 75 GB NVMe SSD, and Unlimited websites.
- VPS Enterprise: $21.5/month – 4 CPU Core, 6 GB RAM, 100 GB NVMe SSD, and Unlimited websites.
- NVMe SSD storage is available on all VPS hosting plans
- Instant setup for Linux or Windows OS
- Free 30 day Money back guarantee
- All their plans are cheap and affordable, including VPS hosting under the cPanel control panel.
- Custom VPS and managed servers
- Free domain registration is available for yearly hosting plans only.
A2hosting offers NVME SSD on the highest VPS plans only, while lower plans come with traditional SSD drives. You will get managed, and unmanaged NVME VPS plans with dedicated resources that guarantee the performance of your website. We like that they offer 7 NVME VPS plans, each featuring different management levels and VPS features.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Features: 4.7
- Reliability: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
- Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
You won’t have issues with your website speed and security as all VPS plans (both NVMe and Non-NVMe) come with LiteSpeed web servers and guarantee regular malware scanning and removal. Each NVMe VPS plan is optimized to provide up to 20x Faster Turbo servers, ensuring your website experiences more speed and performance. With their managed NVME VPS, you have full root access, allowing you to manage your server to meet your website needs.
With Unmanaged VPS hosting, you can install any software package and manage your server as you wish. It is cheaper to get your hands on NVME VPS hosting since you don’t need to pay for the management layer on top. The only limitation is that you will handle the backend IT environment and some additional management tasks, which might cost you more if you are not an expert in that field.
Features (4.7): If you decide to go for either managed or unmanaged NVME VPS, you will get the same features to optimize your websites. Each NVME VPS plan comes with Turbo boost, Turbo cache, free dedicated IPs, cPanel control panel, recovery backups, WordPress toolkit, Free SSL certificates, Free site migration, Free Cloudflare CDN, 20x faster Turbo VPS, NVME drive and more.
Reliability (4.7): You will get a 100% worry-free hosting solution and a 99.9% uptime commitment.
User-Friendly (4.7): You will get a risk-free money-back guarantee if you change your mind.
Support (4.7): A2 hosting will handle your hosting challenges while you focus your time and attention on your business.
Pricing (4.6): A2 hosting only offers NVMe SSD storage on the last 3 VPS plans for both managed and unmanaged VPS hosting. Here is a breakdown of their NVMe VPS plans and their specifications:
Unmanaged NVMe VPS Plans
- Supersonic 8: $34.99/month – 8 GB RAM, 150 GB NVMe Storage, 2 Cores, and 2TB transfer. Renews at $59.99/month.
- Supersonic 16: $54.99/month – 16 GB RAM, 250 GB NVMe Storage, 6 Cores, and 3TB transfer. Renews at $99.99/month.
- Supersonic 32: $74.99/month – 32 GB RAM, 450 GB NVME Storage, 8 Cores, and 4TB transfer. Renews at $139.99/month.
Managed NVMe VPS plans:
- Mach 8: $59.99/month – 8 GB RAM, 150 GB NVMe Storage, 2 Cores, and 2TB transfer. Renews at $139.99/month.
- Mach 16: $89.99/month – 16 GB RAM, 250 GB NVMe Storage, 6 Cores, and 3TB transfer. Renews at $189.99/month.
- Mach 32: $99.99/month – 32 GB RAM, 450 GB NVME Storage, 8 Cores, and 4TB transfer. Renews at $239.99/month.
- 20x faster Turbo servers
- Full root access on managed and unmanaged NVMe VPS plans
- Scalable resources to meet the increasing demands
- Unique IP addresses for better website security
- Only the highest plans have NVMe SSD storage
Cloudways is built on top of 5 cloud hosting providers, but only Vultr and DigitalOcean offer NVMe SSD storage. You can supercharge your websites with managed cloud hosting that includes regular backups, support and monitoring. We like that they use NVMe technology to improve the speed and security of your websites, plus a staging environment to create a copy of your websites and test it before going live.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Reliability: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
Cloudways offers a 3-day free trial to help you power your high-traffic website on multiple servers, ensuring optimum uptime and easy site migration. Cloudways have their custom control panel, which grants you both server and application access. You can make changes to your server with a few clicks from the Cloudways console without installing any third-party applications.
Although Cloudways does not support LiteSpeed web servers, it implements a combination of Apache and Nginx servers to guarantee faster website performance. With their vertical scaling feature, you can upgrade your server whenever your website outgrows the allocated resources or on a budget. Also, you can always host your website close to your audience, with up to 65+ data center locations to choose from.
Features (4.6): You will get features like Staging, Server recovery, On-demand and local backups, Self-healing servers, Breeze cache plugin, Cloudflare Add-on, Free SSL, Free Migration, Unlimited Application Installation, Dedicated Firewalls, Automated Backups, Optimized Stack With Advanced Cache, Regular Security Patching, 24/7 Real-time Monitoring, Multiple Databases, Cloudflare Enterprise CDN and more.
Reliability (4.7): Cloudways doesn’t offer a money-back guarantee, but they have a reliable and consistent uptime of 99.99%.
User-Friendly (4.6): With Cloudways, you can use the team collaboration feature to add team members and grant access to your Cloudways console account.
Support (4.7): Cloudways offers email and 24/7/365 live chat support, but no call support. The live chat support is divided into standard, advanced and premium support stages. The standard support is free, while advanced supports cost $100/month and premium support cost $500/month.
Pricing (4.6): Cloudways implements a ‘pay as you go’ payment model, which means if you use a server for 10 days, you will be charged the amount for that number of days only. Since only DigitalOcean and Vultr offer NVMe SSD technology, we will breakdown the NVMe hosting plans below and their prices:
- DO1: $12/month – 1 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 25 GB NVMe Storage, and 1 TB bandwidth.
- DO2: $26/month - 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 50 GB NVMe Storage, and 2 TB bandwidth.
- DO3: $50/month – 4 GB RAM, 2 Core Processor, 80 GB NVMe Storage, and 4 TB bandwidth.
- DO4: $96/month – 8 GB RAM, 4 Core Processor, 160 GB NVMe Storage, and 5 TB bandwidth.
- V1: $13/month – 1 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 32 GB NVMe Storage, and 1 TB bandwidth.
- V2: $26/month – 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 64 GB NVMe Storage, and 2 TB bandwidth.
- V3: $50/month – 4 GB RAM, 2 Core Processor, 128 GB NVMe Storage, and 3 TB bandwidth.
- V4: $100/month – 8 GB RAM, 3 Core Processor, 256 GB NVMe Storage, and 4 TB bandwidth.
- Unique self-healing servers that automatically restart in case any issue is encountered.
- Free Astra Pro theme
- There is no extra renewal fee
- Managed cloud services
- A modern control panel called Cloudways console
- 65+ data center locations
- Cloudways is not a domain registrar and does not offer free domain registration.
- No free email hosting
- No LiteSpeed web servers
If you’re a more advanced web hosting user who wants more freedom and control over their hosting and website, then KnownHost’s unmanaged NVMe VPS service might be the ideal solution for you. Not only will it give you full access to your site and resources, but it also comes with super-fast speeds and reliable performance.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.8
- Features: 4.9
- Performance: 4.9
- Support: 5.0
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: KnownHost’s unmanaged NVMe VPS hosting plans start at $12/month. The entry-level NVMe VPS hosting plan includes 1 vCPU core, 2GB of RAM, 40GB of NVMe storage, 2 TB of bandwidth, and 2 IPv4 addresses.
Features: Some of the features that you’ll get from KnownHost include 2 dedicated IPv4 addresses, managed and unmanaged hosting solutions, white label, full root access, cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, DDoS protection, optimized servers, a redundant network, redundant A/B power, SpamFilter control, etc.
Performance: KnownHost uses high-frequency 3Ghz+ processors, high-speed DDR4 RAM, and NVMe storage to provide fast and reliable performance. Also, it comes with a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
Support: Even if you get unmanaged NVMe VPS services with KnownHost, you’ll still receive 24/7 customer support via live chat. Also, you can find many tutorials and guides in KnownHost’s knowledge base.
User Friendly: As we know, unmanaged hosting services are not fit for beginners. However, KnownHost is still super easy to use, as it offers fast setup times, cPanel/WHM, and DirectAdmin control panels.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable unmanaged NVMe VPS hosting.
- Feature-rich hosting plans with excellent performance.
- Fast loading times and a 99.99+% uptime guarantee.
- NVMe VPS hosting is only available in the Atlanta data center (which is great for people who want to host US-based websites).
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best NVME VPS Hosting Providers in 2023 – Final Recommendation
Most VPS hosting providers are shifting towards using the next-generation NVMe technology as their storage drive. This will deliver ultra-fast website speeds to reduce website bounce rates and increase conversion rates.
When you purchase an NVMe VPS hosting, you will share dedicated hardware resources partitioned at the OS level in containers. This means the activity of your nosy server neighbors will not affect your container or website performance.
If you are looking for a credible and reliable NVMe VPS hosting provider, we recommend that you review our top 7 list above. While A2 hosting only provides NVMe SSD storage on the highest plans, other NVMe VPS providers like Contabo offer NVMe SSD on all their VPS hosting plans. Ultahost offers affordable NVMe VPS hosting plans, while Hostinger offers multiple scalable plans that allow you to upgrade your server resources without experiencing downtime.
Our Ranking Methodology: How do we rank?
VPS hosting with NVMe SSD technology is the next big thing in our ever-evolving world. This clearly means that basic SSDs might be an option rather than a choice for web hosting users in the future. At HostAdvice, we have positioned ourselves as a leading web hosting resource company for up-to-date and reliable information about top web hosting providers.
Our Ranking Factors
- User reviews30%
- Performance and reliability10%
- Types of hosting offered5%
- Customer support10%
- Site speed8%
- Bandwidth and storage3%
- Traffic volume4%
- Scaling potential4%
- Features included10%
- Ease of use4%
- Starting price4%
- Money back guarantee3%
- Other factors5%
Our experts are dedicated to conducting extensive research about VPS hosts that offer the best quality and reliable NVMe VPS hosting to provide you with beginner-friendly reviews. We do this with care so you can make informed decisions about your next web host. We have assigned certain percentages to our ranking factors above, which form a part of our review process to choose the top 7 NVMe VPS providers.
What is NVME VPS Hosting, and who is it for?
A virtual private server (VPS) is an independent partition on a physical server represented by containers. These containers are allocated when you sign up for a VPS hosting service to allow you to install and deploy applications, scripts or customize your website as you want. NVMe VPS hosting is recommended if your website is lagging in terms of loading times and needs faster storage technology proven to reduce bounce rates and improve user experiences.
It is easy to see that NVMe SSD uses a virtualization technology that delivers 3x more speed than basic SSDs. And not only is NVMe VPS hosting starting to gain some ground in web hosting, but it is also one of the most powerful hosting servers that can accommodate complicated websites and applications that exceed the demands of typical shared hosting. That is true because the servers are well partitioned at the OS level, and each container is independent with dedicated resources.
Benefits of NVME VPS Hosting Providers
Now that you have chosen an NVMe VPS hosting plan, let’s review some of the benefits you will incur as a result of your informed decision.
- You will get NVMe SSD technology as your preferred server storage disk
- You can upgrade your plans from the cPanel area without having to go through the complexities of manual upgrades
- You will experience faster website loading times with no downtime
- Each NVMe VPS plan allocates separate server space for each user, different from other users on the same server.
- You will get the preferred and cheap Linux OS or Windows OS with some providers.
- You can have full root access to customize your VPS hosting environment if you understand how to manage your own server.
- Most NVMe VPS hosts offer scalable plans that allow you to upgrade in case your website has outgrown the resources on the current plan.
- You can get managed NVMe VPS hosting at cheap prices with some providers if you want to focus more on your business.
- You will get security features that guarantee the safety of your website files.
How Much Does the Best NVME VPS Hosting Cost?
The best NVMe VPS hosting plans could be either self-managed or managed and cost between $5.5 to $239.99/month.
Most of these providers offer promotional prices when you commit to 1 – 3 year billing cycle plans which is an opportunity to lock in your savings. Other factors affecting the final cost include the allocated storage space, the server location, and other premium features and add-ons.
If you are planning to purchase an NVMe VPS hosting to power your website or applications on the internet, ensure you get what you need in terms of server resources and consider quality service before price. This will ensure you get the best performance and help you avoid wasting your time with a low-quality host.
How Should you Choose your NVME VPS Hosting Provider?
An NVMe VPS offers the perfect step between the constraints of basic SSD storage and the commitment of dedicated server space. It allows you to enjoy more flexibility, speed, capacity and control at affordable prices.
Before buying an NVMe VPS hosting plan, you need to take note of the following factors and ensure the host will guarantee the best performance in terms of speed, security and reliability.
Performance and reliability:
- Does the host offer a reliable and consistent uptime guarantee to keep your websites running 24/7 without downtime?
- Do they have data centers in strategic locations worldwide?
It is important that your websites are hosted on a server closer to your proximity, where you do business and where most of your traffic is coming from. Hosting on a reliable server will translate into a better user experience for your website visitors and eliminates the likelihood of downtime at peak times. Hence, ensure your host offers an uptime guarantee that is not less than 99.9%.
- Does the host offer NVMe SSD technology for faster website loading times?
If you have been on the web hosting market looking for a hosting provider, you might have seen VPS hosts using NVMe disk storage technology to improve website loading times from the server to website visitors. The NVMe SSD storage is proven to improve your website’s speed, efficiency and security. Ensure the host you want to choose allows you to choose NVMe SSD storage so your website can handle multiple requests and avoid data loss during a power outage.
- If you change your mind or decide to find another NVMe VPS host, will you get a hassle-free money-back guarantee?
- Do they offer a free trial to try their service before committing long-term?
It is important if the host you want to choose allows you to try out their NVMe VPS hosting service for a period of time risk-free with a money-back guarantee or 1-3 day free trial. This means they are confident in their services and backup their plans with a refund policy that guarantees you will get only the best website performance. Hence, if you are currently scouting the market for your next host, make sure you use this feature to try out some NVMe hosting plans risk-free to review their performance and reliability.
- Can you upgrade your dedicated server space if you outgrow the current plan?
- Does the host offer a perfect blend of server resources in their NVMe VPS plans?
Most hosting providers have multiple customized plans to allow you to upgrade without hassle to the next plan, but oftentimes websites experience downtime during the process. Hence, ensure the host guarantees you can upgrade through the cPanel dashboard without experiencing downtime. Also, ensure the host offers NVMe plans with better specifications to handle your website traffic and deliver an improved user experience to your visitors.
- Can you contact their technical support to resolve any problem you encounter?
Your VPS hosting provider should be reachable via live chat, phone or email to resolve certain hosting issues or guide you on the next step to take during setup, a server upgrade or website migration.
- Does the VPS host have a proven track record of customer satisfaction?
HostAdvice has a collection of feedback from users who have bought and tested a VPS hosting plan. These reviews will help you make an informed decision about your next host.