WIndows VPS is a virtual private server that runs on the Windows operating system. Windows VPS hosting supports business applications and other development purposes making it an excellent choice for large businesses, software companies, and eCommerce stores. With plenty of hosting providers promising excellent services at low prices, choosing one can be a difficult decision.
To help you get high-quality and yet affordable hosting, our experts reviewed hundreds of the best Windows VPS hosting solutions. We then narrowed the list to the ones with the cheapest windows VPS hosting plans. We also examined how each provider measured up on our ranking criteria and then wrapped up each review with the pros and cons of each service.
Feel free to check the FAQs section at the end of the article for insightful answers to questions you may have.
Key Factors To Consider When Choosing A Windows VPS Hosting Plan
- Physical location: You need a VPS provider in the region where you expect the most traffic.
- Support: Many issues can arise with VPS hosting, so we recommend using a provider that offers around the clock support.
- Pricing: Pricing is more than looking at the starting price, you should also consider the renewal price. We also recommend going with plans offering a money-back guarantee.
- Management system: Most managed VPS providers are proactive or reactive hosts. Proactive management takes steps to prevent issues from happening. Reactive management only steps in when you have issues.
- Uptime and Reliability: The gold standard is to use a provider with a 99.99% uptime guarantee. Although, many great providers offer 99.95%. But you should never go below 99%.
- Daily and weekly backups: This will help restore your website if your VPS is infected or you lose your files. We strongly recommend against hosting providers that don’t offer free or paid backup service.
The Best Cheap Windows VPS Hosting Services Of 2023 (Bought And Tested):
Overall score – 4.4
Features – 4.4
Support – 4.3
User Friendly – 4.4
Pricing – 4.5
Reliability – 4.5
Overall Score – 4.4: InterSever packs enough resources at competitive pricing to be one of our best cheap Windows VPS hosting providers.
Features – 4.4: InterServer shines with its no-limits bandwidth and storage, emails, and database resources. It provides free SSL certificates, Cloudflare CDN, and Plesk management panel access.
Support – 4.3: InterServer has a responsive, experienced, helpful support team.
User Friendly – 4.4: We like the simple and effective cPanel. Customers are also pleased with the dependable yet affordable services from InterServer.
Reliability – 4.4: InterSever provides 99.99% uptime, according to our tests. We were also impressed by the website loading statistics.
Pricing – 4.5: InterServer’s price is fair enough for its services. The basic windows VPS plans start at $1/month, and offer one CPU core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD storage, and a 2TB transfer limit.
Extra Parameter – Transparency: Many hosting providers offer cheap plans to attract customers. Then they request additional fees or require the user to renew their plans at a higher price than when they first signed up. With InterServer, you will pay the same monthly payment unless the service reviews its pricing.
InterServer is our top recommendation for anyone looking for a reliable yet affordable window VPS hosting solution. The service offers affordable services, unlimited storage, and competitive pricing.
InterServer is famous for its competitive pricing and unlimited resources on each plan.
Pros & Cons
- 99.99% uptime
- Free migrations and weekly backups
- High level of security
- Transparent and competitive pricing
- Enterprise-grade infrastructure
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slow loading speeds
- Focused on WordPress websites
- No automatic backups
- Outdated website designs
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Cheap Windows VPS Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
Windows VPS is what you need to scale your business and offer more benefits to your target users. Hostens is our top recommendation. But you can check out the other providers based on your needs, budget, and location.
Before making your final pick, you should check the plans to ensure the available resources meet your web hosting needs. Feel free to read our full review on each provider to get the complete picture.
How Do We Rank, And How Should You Choose Your Best Cheap Windows VPS Provider?
- Server Uptime15%
- User Interface4%
- Server Management Tools5%
- Type of Hosting Service6%
- Customer Support10%
- Extra Hosting Features9%
- Pricing and Value for Money10%
- User Reviews30%
To ensure only the best services make our list, we test each windows VPS provider for essential factors. Our seasoned in-house experts developed these ranking factors based on the most crucial aspect of a hosting provider. We then tested and analyzed each provider based on this list of elements.
Here is an explanation of the factors we check for when reviewing and recommending cheap windows VPS providers.
- Server Uptime (15%): We look for providers that offer at least 99% uptime. We also consider other aspects such as storage type, hardware quality, and Cloudflare CDN.
- User Interface (4%): We test the interface to see if it is simple, especially for beginners.
- Server Management Tools (5%): Every provider has to provide an easy-to-use, friendly control panel so users can access their server and make changes based on their needs.
- Type of Hosting Service (6%): Hosting services fall into two categories: managed and unmanaged. Managed hosting takes care of the technical aspects. In contrast, unmanaged hosting requires you to monitor the technical aspects.
- Customer Support (10%): We prefer providers that provide 24/7 customer support channels and tutorials to help users.
- Security (11%): We measure the security features offered by the VPS provider, such as daily backups, proactive server and networking monitoring, dedicated IP address, and malware scans
- Extra Hosting Features (9%): We also consider any feature the provider offers that makes it different from others.
- Pricing and Value for Money (10%): We are not just looking for affordable service. We check if the service provides enough resources to cover your needs.
- User Reviews (30%): You can learn much about a provider by reading about other users’ experiences.