WIndows VPS is a virtual private server that runs on the Windows operating system. Windows VPS hosting supports business applications and other development purposes making it an excellent choice for large businesses, software companies, and eCommerce stores. With plenty of hosting providers promising excellent services at low prices, choosing one can be a difficult decision.
To help you get high-quality and yet affordable hosting, our experts reviewed hundreds of the best Windows VPS hosting solutions. We then narrowed the list to the ones with the cheapest windows VPS hosting plans. We also examined how each provider measured up on our ranking criteria and then wrapped up each review with the pros and cons of each service.
Feel free to check the FAQs section at the end of the article for insightful answers to questions you may have.
Key Factors To Consider When Choosing A Windows VPS Hosting Plan
- Physical location: You need a VPS provider in the region where you expect the most traffic.
- Support: Many issues can arise with VPS hosting, so we recommend using a provider that offers around the clock support.
- Pricing: Pricing is more than looking at the starting price, you should also consider the renewal price. We also recommend going with plans offering a money-back guarantee.
- Management system: Most managed VPS providers are proactive or reactive hosts. Proactive management takes steps to prevent issues from happening. Reactive management only steps in when you have issues.
- Uptime and Reliability: The gold standard is to use a provider with a 99.99% uptime guarantee. Although, many great providers offer 99.95%. But you should never go below 99%.
- Daily and weekly backups: This will help restore your website if your VPS is infected or you lose your files. We strongly recommend against hosting providers that don’t offer free or paid backup service.
The Best Cheap Windows VPS Hosting Services Of 2023 (Bought And Tested):
Kamatera truly offers it all – stable and reliable performance, excellent VPS hosting services, flexible resources, and, most importantly, compatibility with a wide range of Windows Server and Windows Desktop instances. With this provider, you can create a custom Windows VPS plan or choose from a few pre-made ones and scale whenever you need to.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 5.0
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: This web host allows you to pay by the minute, hour, or month. Its Windows VPS plans start at $15/month or $0.021/hour, and you can cancel anytime. The pre-made entry-level plan includes one vCPU, 1,024MB of RAM, 30GB SSD storage, and 5TB of Internet Traffic. Also, all Kamatera plans come with a 30-day free trial.
Features: Kamatera offers compatibility with many different Windows Server and Windows Desktop instances, high-performance SSD servers, instant scaling up and down, simple backup and monitoring, cost-effective cloud servers, cloud block storage, a private cloud network, a cloud load balancer, a firewall, managed services, and more.
Performance: Kamatera has high-quality data centers in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Also, it uses fast-paced SSD storage on all plans and offers a robust cloud platform with a 99.95% uptime guarantee and no single point of failure for your websites.
Support: With Kamatera, you’ll get 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone, and email, along with fast responses from the support team. Also, there’s a managed option that you can get, where Kamatera’s team will handle all the technical aspects of your hosting service.
User Friendly: This web hosting provider comes with a simple user interface that allows you to set up your server in minutes and an all-in-one dashboard where you can manage everything.
Pros & Cons
- Flexible pricing and seamless scalability.
- Powerful Windows VPS hosting plans with a 99.95% uptime guarantee.
- Compatible with many Windows Server and Windows Desktop instances.
- It can be a bit difficult to tackle for beginners (but the managed option can help out greatly).
- Overall score – 4.4
- Features – 4.4
- Support – 4.3
- User Friendly – 4.4
- Pricing – 4.5
- Reliability – 4.5
Overall Score – 4.4: InterSever packs enough resources at competitive pricing to be one of our best cheap Windows VPS hosting providers.
Features – 4.4: InterServer shines with its no-limits bandwidth and storage, emails, and database resources. It provides free SSL certificates, Cloudflare CDN, and Plesk management panel access.
Support – 4.3: InterServer has a responsive, experienced, helpful support team.
User Friendly – 4.4: We like the simple and effective cPanel. Customers are also pleased with the dependable yet affordable services from InterServer.
Reliability – 4.4: InterSever provides 99.99% uptime, according to our tests. We were also impressed by the website loading statistics.
Pricing – 4.5: InterServer’s price is fair enough for its services. The basic windows VPS plans start at $1/month, and offer one CPU core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD storage, and a 2TB transfer limit.
Extra Parameter – Transparency: Many hosting providers offer cheap plans to attract customers. Then they request additional fees or require the user to renew their plans at a higher price than when they first signed up. With InterServer, you will pay the same monthly payment unless the service reviews its pricing.
InterServer is our top recommendation for anyone looking for a reliable yet affordable window VPS hosting solution. The service offers affordable services, unlimited storage, and competitive pricing.
InterServer is famous for its competitive pricing and unlimited resources on each plan.
Pros & Cons
- 99.99% uptime
- Free migrations and weekly backups
- High level of security
- Transparent and competitive pricing
- Enterprise-grade infrastructure
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slow loading speeds
- Focused on WordPress websites
- No automatic backups
- Outdated website designs
If you’re looking for a provider that comes with managed Windows VPS hosting plans right off the bat, then UltaHost is the right option for you. Not only will you get fully managed services and get all the technical tasks regarding your hosting taken care of by experts, but you’ll also get access to feature-rich plans that will give you everything you need to host and run a successful website.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: With UltaHost, you can choose your Windows VPS hosting plan based on your desired control panel. The cheapest option is VPS hosting with Hestia & CyberPanel, which starts at $5.50/month and includes 30GB of NVMe storage, a managed server, one CPU core, 1GB of RAM, and one dedicated IPv4 IP. Also, all plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: Some of the numerous features that you’ll get with UltaHost include a free domain transfer, free backups, free SSL certificates, unlimited bandwidth, auto-healing, dedicated firewalls, fast-paced NVMe storage, BitNinja security, SSH & SFTP access, IPv4 addresses, staging environment, and more.
Performance: UltaHost offers super-fast website speeds and performance since it uses fast-paced SSD & NVMe storage, scalable DDR5 RAM, and high-quality hardware on all servers. Also, it allows you to get a CDN add-on and comes with a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
Support: As an UltaHost user, you’ll enjoy 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone, and email. Moreover, you can use UltaHost’s Knowledge Base for further support, as it is filled with written guides and tutorials, and you can also get support add-ons.
User Friendly: UltaHost is compatible with the Hestia, CyberPanel, Plesk, and cPanel control panels, which are some of the best on the market. You’ll also get managed Windows VPS hosting services, meaning that all the technical tasks and aspects of your hosting will be taken care of by the provider’s team.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful, fully-managed VPS hosting with feature-rich offers.
- 30-day money-back guarantees on all VPS plans.
- Excellent performance with high-quality data centers and a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- It’s a bit more expensive compared to other providers (but worth the money due to the number of features you get).
We all know that sound security is paramount for every website. And if you want to ensure that your website(s) have all the right security measures in place, then you should definitely consider using IONOS as your Windows VPS hosting provider. Not only will this web host equip you with robust security features, but it’ll also do so at super-cheap prices.
- Overall Score: 3.9
- Pricing: 3.9
- Features: 3.5
- Performance: 4.3
- Support: 4.0
- User Friendly: 3.8
Pricing: With IONOS, you can choose from six Windows VPS hosting plans and try them risk-free via the provider’s 30-day money-back guarantee. The cheapest option, called VPS Linux XS, costs $2/month and includes 1GB of RAM, one vCPU core, and 10GB of storage.
Features: IONOS offers many great hosting features, including an SSL certificate, DDoS protection, server snapshots, dedicated resources, full root access, full virtualization, unlimited traffic of up to 1 Gbit/s, NVMe storage, firewall management, IPS/IDS, and more.
Performance: IONOS’ Windows VPS hosting plans come with a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Also, the provider uses fast-paced NVMe storage to boost your speeds and has data centers all over the world, including ones in Frankfurt, Berlin, Paris, London, Logroño, Las Vegas, Nevada, Newark, New Jersey, and Lenexa, Kansas.
Support: This web host offers reliable customer support, available 24/7 via phone and live chat. Also, it comes with great written support in the form of tutorials and guides, which you can find on its website.
User Friendly: IONOS includes a free Plesk Web Host Edition in all its Windows VPS plans, which is great for beginners as Plesk is an easy-to-use and intuitive control panel. Also, the provider has a “Deploy Now” feature, via which you can get your website up and running with three quick steps.
Pros & Cons
- Top-notch security features, including DDoS protection and snapshots.
- Super affordable prices and 30-day money-back guarantees.
- Servers in multiple data centers spread out all over the world.
- Phone support is available only in select countries (but live chat is accessible globally).
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Cheap Windows VPS Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
Windows VPS is what you need to scale your business and offer more benefits to your target users. Hostens is our top recommendation. But you can check out the other providers based on your needs, budget, and location.
Before making your final pick, you should check the plans to ensure the available resources meet your web hosting needs. Feel free to read our full review on each provider to get the complete picture.
How Do We Rank, And How Should You Choose Your Best Cheap Windows VPS Provider?
- Server Uptime15%
- User Interface4%
- Server Management Tools5%
- Type of Hosting Service6%
- Customer Support10%
- Extra Hosting Features9%
- Pricing and Value for Money10%
- User Reviews30%
To ensure only the best services make our list, we test each windows VPS provider for essential factors. Our seasoned in-house experts developed these ranking factors based on the most crucial aspect of a hosting provider. We then tested and analyzed each provider based on this list of elements.
Here is an explanation of the factors we check for when reviewing and recommending cheap windows VPS providers.
- Server Uptime (15%): We look for providers that offer at least 99% uptime. We also consider other aspects such as storage type, hardware quality, and Cloudflare CDN.
- User Interface (4%): We test the interface to see if it is simple, especially for beginners.
- Server Management Tools (5%): Every provider has to provide an easy-to-use, friendly control panel so users can access their server and make changes based on their needs.
- Type of Hosting Service (6%): Hosting services fall into two categories: managed and unmanaged. Managed hosting takes care of the technical aspects. In contrast, unmanaged hosting requires you to monitor the technical aspects.
- Customer Support (10%): We prefer providers that provide 24/7 customer support channels and tutorials to help users.
- Security (11%): We measure the security features offered by the VPS provider, such as daily backups, proactive server and networking monitoring, dedicated IP address, and malware scans
- Extra Hosting Features (9%): We also consider any feature the provider offers that makes it different from others.
- Pricing and Value for Money (10%): We are not just looking for affordable service. We check if the service provides enough resources to cover your needs.
- User Reviews (30%): You can learn much about a provider by reading about other users’ experiences.