According to U.S. laws, your online brand or business is subject to U.S. regulations if you host your website on U.S.-based servers. As such, you are never free from government confiscation or a website shut down for the slightest of infractions involving the DMCA or other related regulations. The same laws apply in most countries of the world.
The majority of offshore VPS providers are situated in countries with more freedom of expression and less restrictions on online services. Choosing one, on the other hand, needs more than a cursory look; it demands thorough investigation and consideration.
For those who may not need the dedicated resources of a VPS but are still interested in offshore benefits, consider our recommendations for offshore shared hosting.
Our in-house specialists conducted a review of the market, evaluating providers based on industry standards, products, and internet reputation. So, whether you value secrecy or uncompromised service delivery, keep reading. Ultahost and Koddos are more than simply choices; they are the gold standard in safe, anonymous Offshore VPS Hosting.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing Offshore VPS
The key benefits that Offshore VPS services offer are anonymity, free speech, and data privacy. Aside from these, you need to look for regular features that any reliable VPS hosting solution should have. Here are the five points by which we rate offshore VPS web services.
- Features: The key feature to look out for here is the data center location. A web host must offer data center locations in countries that support free speech before it qualifies as an offshore web hosting provider.
- Support: We give more points to web hosting providers that offer 24/7 customer support across some or all of the following channels: live chat, email, phone, and ticketing systems.
- User-friendliness: Since most of our clients are average web hosting users, we ensure that all our recommendations are easy to set up and operate.
- Pricing: We only check out the pricing when we are confident of excellent delivery from a provider. However, we also award points to companies that allow anonymous payment options.
- Reliability: We review server performance, in-house security measures, and speed optimizations.
Short On Time? Check Our Favorite Offshore VPS Providers:
- Ultahost – Best Overall Offshore VPS Hosting
- Hostinger – Best All-In-One Offshore VPS Hosting
- KnownSRV – Best Managed Offshore VPS Hosting
- Koddos – Best Offshore VPS Hosting for Unrivaled DDoS Protection
- Virtual Systems – Best Offshore VPS Hosting for Value for Money
- ZYNOO – Best Offshore VPS Hosting for Speed
The Best Offshore VPS Hosting Services of 2023 (Bought and Tested)
UltaHost is known for its unbeatable performance, affordable prices, 55-second instant server launches, premium SSD-backed servers, and unlimited bandwidth. It also offers advanced security features, full root access, and a variety of free and paid features.
- Overall score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.9
Overall score – 4.8: UltaHost is a US-based hosting provider that was founded in 2018. Although it is fairly new to the market compared to other providers, it has proven itself as one of the best hosting providers offering DMCA-ignored Linux VPS plans among its long list of services. Additionally, it offers managed offshore hosting for both Linux and Windows. Depending on their OS, customers can choose from Hestia or CyberPanel, which are free, or go for the paid Plesk or cPanel control panels.
Features – 4.8: Some key features of UltaHost is that it provides SSD-backed offshore hosting, multiple data centers located all across the globe, managed servers, dedicated IPs, 24/7 support, BitNinja Security, free SSL Certificates, unlimited bandwidth, Cloudflare CDN, free daily backups, and scalable DDR4 RAM.
Support – 4.9: Customer Support is available to users via UltaHost’s live chat, ticketing system, phone, and email support. UltaHost also has an amazing knowledge base and FAQ section for each service. Additionally, UltaHost has a blog where users can read about many relevant topics. The customer support experts of UltaHost are available 24/7/365.
User-friendly: 4.8: UltaHost has been dubbed as a provider that is simple to navigate and easy to use. It offers its users the cPanel control panel, which is known to be extremely beginner-friendly. Additionally, it offers managed servers, which means that all the technical aspects are taken care of by UltaHost, and customers do not have to worry and can focus on their business.
Pricing – 4.8: The cheapest UltaHost Offshore hosting plan is its Shared Starter plan, which will cost you $3.29 per month. You can choose to get a monthly or an annual subscription. Both billing plans come with discounts, and you can save up to 25% with a monthly or up to 40% with a yearly subscription. The Shared Starter plan comes with 1 GB RAM, one domain, 30GB NVMe SSD, unlimited bandwidth, free daily backups, and free SSL Certificates. All plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee and can be paid for with Bitcoin.
Reliability – 4.9: UltaHost offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and has one of the best performances across all industry standards. Additionally, it employs modern systems across all its servers and maintains data centers in Canada, the US, Germany, the Netherlands, Singapore, India, and the European Union. Also, UltaHost provides automated daily backups with full server snapshots, CDN, SSD NVMe Disk Drives, and unlimited bandwidth.
Additional parameter – Best performance offshore hosting provider: UltaHost has the best performance in the offshore hosting game. It provides customers with state-of-the-art managed servers powered by ultra-optimized 14th-generation Dell servers. Additionally, it guarantees a 99.9% uptime and uses SSD NVMe disk drives for storage. Also, it provides its customers with unlimited bandwidth, server launches in 55 seconds, a built-in cache mechanism, and full root access. Additionally, it offers customers many free features, a 30-day money-back guarantee, and accepts Bitcoin as a payment option.
Pros & Cons
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 55-second server launch
- CDN add-on
- HTTP/2 enabled servers
- SSD NVMe disk drives
- 24/7 support
- Excellent server infrastructure
- Unlimited application installation
- Malware scans and reports
- Support in multiple languages
- SSH and SFTP access
- Advanced security
- Many free features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The CDN add-on is not free in the Basic Windows VPS plan
- Monthly plans do not come with free domain transfers
When it comes to offshore VPS hosting, Hostinger is one of the best. With this provider, you’ll get high-performance hosting, fast speeds, excellent security, and all the other features and resources you’ll need to host a website, or multiple websites, successfully. Those include a website builder, emails, domains, and more.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Performance: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: Hostinger provides four VPS plans that are eligible for 30-day money-back guarantees. The cheapest plan costs $5.99/month (on an annual billing cycle) and includes one vCPU core, 50GB of NVMe storage, 4GB of RAM, and 1TB of bandwidth.
Features: With Hostinger, you’ll get a wide range of features, including features like an AI-powered firewall, dedicated IPs, domain registration, anti-malware protection on endpoints and servers, advanced security modules, automated weekly backups, server snapshots, Wanguard DDoS filtering, BitNinja full-stack protection, and more.
Performance: Hostinger operates a fiber-connected infrastructure that offers a 300Mb/s network speed and a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Also, this provider uses high-quality hardware on all its services, including AMD EPYC processors, fast-paced NVMe storage, and HPE and DELL servers to enhance your speed.
Support: All Hostinger users get 24/7 customer support via live chat and email. Also, they get great written support in the form of tutorials and guides, which are available on the official Hostinger website.
User Friendly: This web host is excellent for beginners as it comes with a robust AI assistant that can help you complete all kinds of tasks, a variety of easy-to-use control panels like Plesk, cPanel, and DirectAdmin, guided setups, and easy-to-use AI and drag-and-drop website builders.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful KVM-based VPS plans at affordable prices.
- Top-notch security features and great customer support.
- Premium hardware on all servers and a 300Mb/s network speed.
- There’s no phone support (but the excellent live chat option makes up for it).
For those just starting out or those short on time for daily server management, KnownSRV can be an invaluable web hosting choice. That’s because KnownSRV offers fully managed VPS hosting services, which means that it provides technical help with everything you need, from server setup to maintenance. Also, KnownSRV allows you to upgrade or downgrade your resources whenever you need them, meaning that it’s great for growth.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.8
- Features: 4.7
- Performance: 4.7
- Support: 4.8
- User Friendly: 4.6
Pricing: KnownSRV offers six offshore VPS hosting plans. The entry-level option costs $9.95/month and includes 1GB of RAM, 20GB of SSD storage, 1TB of bandwidth, and more.
Features: With KnownSRV, you’ll get features like OpenVZ7 or KVM virtualization, free migration, full root access, daily backups, DDoS protection, the SolusVM control panel, free Webmin control panel, free VestaCP control panel, IPv4 addresses (for an extra fee), MySQL, Nginx, and more.
Performance: KnownSRV uses SSD storage, which is much faster than traditional HDD disks. Also, it uses high-quality HP hardware and the latest generation Intel Xeon processors on all its servers. With this provider, you’ll get a 99.9% uptime guarantee and servers in Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and Romania.
Support: This web host offers award-winning customer support, which is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Also, the provider has a Help Desk filled with tutorials and guides that can help you learn a lot.
User Friendly: With KnownSRV, you’ll get a range of control panels for free, and you can even get cPanel for an additional fee if that’s easier for you. Also, you can get the Softaculous 1-click installer for an additional fee and install hundreds of apps with one click.
Pros & Cons
- Daily backups and DDoS protection are included in all plans.
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee and three powerful data centers to choose from.
- It uses enterprise-grade processors on all its servers.
- It is not compatible with Windows (but is great for Linux users).
KoDDoS is the perfect place for all those looking for an environment where they can freely express their opinions, keep their data safe, and protect their website against hackers and cyber-attacks. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Hong Kong, KoDDos provides top-quality services, including shared, dedicated, and VPS offshore hosting. The best part is that you can do all this while protecting your identity and keeping your anonymity online.
- Overall score: 4.7
- Features: 4.7
- Support: 4.8
- User Friendly: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
- Reliability: 4.6
Features: KoDDoS offers a wide range of free and paid features, including 24/7 monitoring, uninterrupted application layer (layer 7) operations and advancements, SSL, server management, medium-risk, and high-risk hosting, traffic filtering, cPanel, WHM, Intel Xeon E3 or E5 CPUs, full root access, daily backups, free migration, DDoS proxy protection, and DDoS-protected colocation. However, we gave it a 4.7 because many features are paid for in cheaper plans.
Support: Customers can access KoDDoS’s 24/7 customer support via live chat, email, and phone. Help is also available via Facebook and Twitter messages. However, we gave it a 4.8 score because users have reported that the agent response time is really long.
User Friendly: KoDDoS has a modern and simple website that is easy to navigate. It provides many one-click install applications, the Softaculous auto-installer, SEO tools, fully managed support, and the cPanel and WHM control panels. We only gave it a 4.7 score because the control panels are not free with all plans.
Pricing: KoDDoS is a bit expensive compared to its competitors. The cheapest VPS plan it offers is its unmanaged Plan A OpenVZ VPS hosting plan. It costs $9.99 per month and includes 1 CPU, 512 RAM, 20 GB RAID-10 disk space, and 250 GB bandwidth. We gave it a 4.6 score because its plans are quite expensive overall, and its VPS hosting is only available on its Netherlands and USA servers.
Reliability: KoDDoS is an amazing, secure, and reliable provider that offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee. It uses LiteSpeed web servers across all data centers. Additionally, it has a redundant network that uses Juniper Networks and Cisco hardware and Intel Xeon E3 or E5 CPUs. It also provides the Cloudflare CDN and RAID-10 SSD-Cached or Pure SSD storage. We only gave it a 4.6 score because some users reported minor connectivity issues.
Additional parameter – Server location: 4.0: The amount of data centers and their locations are crucial factors you need to consider before you choose your provider because they directly impact your website’s downtime and latency issues. The closer you are to your website’s server, the better your connection and online availability will be. When it comes to KoDDoS, it has three premium data centers located in the USA, the Netherlands, and Hong Kong. We gave it a 4.0 score because there are many regions that its data centers do not cover, meaning that customers from those regions will experience downtime and latency issues due to server distance.
Pros and Cons
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee
- DDoS proxy protection
- DDoS-protected colocation
- Cloudflare CDN
- Softaculous auto-installer
- 24/7 monitoring
- Server management
- Many different plans
- 24/7 customer support
- LiteSpeed web servers
- Unlimited MySQL, email, and FTP
- Raid-10 storage
- Hardware from Juniper Networks and Cisco
- Fully managed VPS
- Intel Xeon E3 or E5 CPUs
- Server connectivity of at least 1 Gbps
- Limited information on the company
- Long wait for customer support response
- Expensive plans
- VPS plans are only available in the Netherlands and the USA
Virtual Systems is a reliable and powerful web hosting provider that comes with four different offshore VPS hosting solutions. Namely, it offers SSD VPS, VPS Netherlands, VPS, USA, and EPIC USA hosting. No matter which offshore VPS hosting plan you choose, you’ll get excellent privacy, flexible services, enterprise-level DDoS protection, and great value for money with this web host.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.9
- Performance: 4.8
- Support: 4.8
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: Virtual Systems offers four different offshore VPS pricing plans that you can get on for a month, three months, six months, a year, and two years. The cheapest option costs $18/month on the monthly billing cycle and includes one CPU core, 1GB of RAM, 10GB of SSD storage, 1 IP address, DDoS protection, and more.
Features: Virtual Systems come with feature-rich plans, which is why they offer great value for money. Some of those features include KVM virtualization, root access, instant deployment, a free setup, DDoS protection, dedicated IPv4 addresses, VPN server installation, OS reinstall on request, browser-based console & reboot, and more.
Performance: This web host uses fast-paced SSD storage to provide faster loading speeds to its users. Also, it has TIER III data centers in shielded offshore locations, 1Tbps of IP traffic, and an uptime guarantee of 99.97%.
Support: All Virtual Systems users get 24/7 customer support along with 15-minute average ticket response times, which is excellent. You can reach Virtual Systems via live chat, email, a ticketing system, and phone. Also, the provider has written tutorials and guides, which you can find on its official website.
User Friendly: With Virtual Systems, you’ll get instant VPS deployment, a free setup where Virtual Systems experts set up your whole server, onboarding migration, cPanel, and an easy-to-navigate dashboard.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent value for money and feature-rich plans.
- 15-minute ticket response times and great customer support.
- Easy-to-use services and fast performance.
- The money-back-guarantee lasts only 7 days (which is still enough for you to check out the provider).
ZYNOO is a Bulgarian offshore hosting provider that offers Shared, VPS and Dedicated offshore hosting. Its servers are located in Sofia, Bulgaria, and are powered by enterprise-level hardware. Additionally, it operates modern Tier III+ carrier-neutral data centers, which customers from the European Union and beyond to Asia and Africa can take advantage of, considering Bulgaria’s proximity to the two continents.
- Overall score: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.7
- Reliability: 4.7
Features: ZYNOO offers many paid and free features to its customers, including free DDoS protection of up to 500+ Gbps, unlimited bandwidth, an ultra-fast network, a free database, script, and file transfer, RAID-10 SSD storage, server monitoring, and full root access. However, we gave it a 4.8 rating because SSD storage and free DDoS protection are not available for all dedicated offshore hosting plans.
Support: ZYNOO’s 24/7/365 customer support can be accessed via tickets, live chat, and its designated Client Area. Additionally, ZYNOO has an extensive knowledge base where customers can search for solutions to their issues. We gave it a 4.7 rating because it does not provide phone support.
User Friendly: ZYNOO is an easy-to-navigate provider which offers the Softaculous auto-installer and the cPanel control panel, which is a favorite among beginners and developers alike. However, we gave it a 4.6 rating because its knowledge base can be a bit difficult to navigate.
Pricing: The cheapest offshore hosting plan is the Business plan, which starts at $5.95 per month. It comes with 30 GB of SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, 2 GB RAM, 1.5 vCore, and the ability to host up to 20 domains. However, we gave it a 4.7 rating because it’s a bit pricier compared to other providers.
Reliability: ZYNOO is among the few providers on the market that offer a 100% uptime guarantee on all its services. Additionally, its infrastructure is supported by enterprise-level hardware and uses LiteSpeed web server software across all servers. However, we gave ZYNOO a 4.7 rating here because it only has one data center.
Additional parameter – Data center location: 4.2: The location of the data center is crucial for downtime, website availability, and latency issues. The closer a customer is to the location, the lesser the chances are of experiencing either one. Because of this, we gave a 4.2 rating to ZYNOO because, despite it being close to European and some Asian and African countries, customers outside these regions are highly likely to experience latency issues and downtime.
Pros and Cons
- A 100% uptime
- 24/7/365 customer support with excellent response times
- Free DDoS protection of up to 500+ Gbps
- Free database, script, and file transfer
- LiteSpeed web servers
- Enterprise-level hardware
- Softaculous auto install
- Unlimited databases, email accounts, and FTP accounts
- Server monitoring
- No phone support
- Only one data center
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Offshore VPS Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
Offshore VPS hosting solutions offer all the benefits of VPS hosting with the benefits of offshore hosting. You get the flexibility, security, and reliability of VPS hosting plans and the anonymity and privacy associated with offshore hosting.
As such, offshore VPS is in huge demand, and many companies have sprung up to meet these needs. Shinjiru leads the offshore VPS hosting industry with its reasonably priced yet reliable solutions. They offer everything you need to have a smooth web hosting experience. Other great offshore VPS hosting providers include VSYS Host and Abelohost, amongst others mentioned in this article.
All the recommended web hosts allow people to host their websites without worrying about anti-privacy laws or DMCA takedown notices. In addition, these web hosts accept cryptocurrency payments and, in most cases, only require a valid email address for registration.
If you are short on funds and still want an offshore VPS hosting solution, you should check out AlexHost. They offer the cheapest options for those who want quality web hosting at low prices.
How Do We Rank, And How Should You Choose Your Offshore VPS Hosting Provider?
- Types of VPS Hosting Offered5%
- Uptime Commitment8%
- Speed Optimization9%
- Available Space and Bandwidth7%
- Scalability Options6%
- Security Enhancements7%
- Ease of Use8%
- Offshore VPS Hosting-specific support12%
- Developer Tools and Extras5%
- User Reviews30%
- Starting price3%
We focused on some key parameters when researching this rundown of the best offshore VPS hosting providers. We developed these parameters based on the general needs of website owners and the specific needs that all offshore web hosts must meet. We then assigned ranking scores to these factors based on their importance for a smooth offshore VPS hosting experience.
- Types of VPS Hosting Offered (5%): VPS hosting are in two categories: unmanaged VPS and managed VPS. All the web hosts mentioned here, except KnownSRV, offer managed and unmanaged VPS hosting solutions.
- Uptime Commitment (8%): Uptime commitment lets you know how often your website can stay online. A 99.99% means your website will only go offline for 53 minutes in a year. The smaller the time commitment, the more times your website can be unavailable in a year. For this reason, you should only subscribe to hosting plans with at least a 99.95% uptime guarantee.
- Speed Optimization (9%): Some people still think offshore VPS hosting solutions are slow because of their data center locations. While it is true that server location can influence a website’s loading speed, it is not the only factor. This article’s top offshore web hosts offer fully optimized servers to provide super-fast website loading speeds, even if your audience is thousands of miles away.
- Available Space and Bandwidth (7%): Regardless of whether you are using the VPS plan for personal or business uses, you should ensure the disc storage, RAM size, and available bandwidth allocation are sufficient for your needs. In most cases, that would require you to skip the entry plan for a higher plan.
- Scalability Options (6%): VPS plans are inherently scalable. However, the speed of upgrades varies from provider to provider. KnownSRV is ahead of the pack here since it offers cloud VPS. Cloud-based web hosting is quicker to upgrade compared to traditional VPS plans. However, all the providers here also allow you to upgrade your plans without downtimes or performance lags.
- Security Enhancements (7%): Let’s face it: many people would love offshore hosting services to go offline for various reasons. For this reason, the best offshore web hosts take both physical and software approaches to harden the security of their servers. They use redundant powers, employ physical security, and deploy anti-DDoS protection and other protocols to keep their data centers safe.
- Ease of Use (8%): Offshore web hosting can be a smooth experience or a nightmare depending on your web host. We ensured that all our recommended web hosts offer user-friendly solutions. However, we recommend a fully managed VPS hosting plan if you want minimal stress.
- Offshore VPS Hosting-specific support (12%): The key features that every offshore hosting provider must have include data privacy, minimal personal detail request, and anonymous payment options. All the web hosts in this article tick these boxes. All they require is a functional email and your payment. You can choose to pay with cryptocurrencies.
- Developer Tools and Extras (5%): While Developers rarely seek offshore VPS web hosting, they provide many features for those developers who want to host and manage web applications while staying anonymous.
- User Reviews (30%): We check user reviews to get a complete picture of an offshore VPS hosting provider. We typically look out for failed uptime commitment, data breaches, unresponsive customer support, and other bad practices.
- Starting price (3%): At HostAdvice, we value quality over price; that is why we are discussing pricing last. We ensure that our recommendations offer sufficient hosting resources to meet the needs of most website owners before checking out their prices. However, we typically focus on affordable offshore web hosts as they offer all the benefits of VPS hosting at low prices.
What To Look for In an Offshore VPS Hosting Provider
Choosing an offshore VPS hosting provider is a serious decision. There are many offshore web hosts to select from, and you can only try some of them. We recommend you study our review, pick three or four offshore hosting providers that align with your needs, and test the first one on your list. If you like the service provider, you can stop searching. You should ask for a refund and move to the next provider if you don’t. Here are some things to keep in mind before making your final pick.
- Server Location: Server location is critical as the country hosting the server will influence the web host policy. If you are serious about offshore hosting, you should only select web hosts that offer server locations in countries with flexible web hosting regulations, such as Ukraine, Russia, Bulgaria, and the Netherlands.
- Multilingual support: Most offshore web hosts are based in Europe due to the strong privacy laws in those areas. Before you make your final pick, contact the support channel through all the channels provided (live chat, ticketing system, phone, and email) to ensure you can communicate clearly with the support team. As a general rule, you want a web host that offers support in English.
- Payment option: Making international payments can be frustrating, and they often leave behind a paper trail that can expose the identity of website owners. For this reason, many offshore hosting providers offer alternative payment options, such as cryptocurrencies, to allow website owners to use the option they are most comfortable with.
- Personal data requirement: As a rule of thumb, stay away from offshore web hosts that require KYC documentation. The only thing an offshore web hosting company should rewire for you is your name and contact info, such as an email address. Any web host that claims to be an offshore hosting company but still requires you to verify your identity without reasonable cause should be avoided.
- Server performance: Offshore VPS hosting is simply regular VPS hosting with an added cloak of anonymity and data privacy. As such, you should ensure that you get all the benefits of VPS hosting. These benefits include fast loading speeds, complete server control, and exclusive resource allocations. You can confirm all these or read expert reviews from web experts and other users.
What is Offshore VPS Hosting, and who is it for?
Offshore VPS hosting is just like any regular VPS hosting solution. The only difference is that you don’t have to divulge your identity with offshore VPS hosting. Furthermore, your website is protected from the reach of anti-privacy and DMCA laws. It is an excellent choice for website owners who want the resources of a VPS hosting plan while staying under the radar. Like regular VPS hosting, you can use offshore VPS hosting for virtually all web hosting needs. These include:
- Ecommerce sites
- Blogging and news platforms
- Web application development and deployment
- Media streaming websites
The server location is one feature that differentiates regular VPS hosting solutions from Offshore VPS hosting. The offshore web hosts typically install their servers in countries with flexible web hosting regulations, such as Ukraine, Russia, Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore, Bulgaria, and Luxembourg.
Another differentiating feature is how they respond to DMCA requests. Since most regular VPS hosting plans are offered by companies operating in the United States and countries with similar laws, they are obligated, in most cases, to honor DMCA requests. Offshore VPS hosting providers are not obligated to honor such receipts and can choose to ignore them at their discretion. For this reason, some people refer to offshore VPS hosting as DMCA-ignored VPS hosting.
Offshore VPS hosting is ideal for the following:
- People whose right to free speech is threatened
- People who want to share controversial content and objectionable media files
- Website owners who want to hide their identities from the public
- Individuals and brands who want to avoid regulations