Magento is a reliable system that allows businesses to organize and handle transactions easily. It features several types of products such as simple, configurable, grouped, bundle, and downloadable.
Setting up a shopping cart with different stores for products on Magento is the best choice to get increased sales and profit. This tutorial will show you how to create and add a new product on Magento.
- The first step is to log into the Magento Admin Panel. To start off, click the Catalog tab and a menu will appear as shown below:
- Select Products option on the list. A new window display will pop-up with all the available products if you’ve previously created any.
If not, navigate to the button labeled Add Product on the upper-right of your page. Magento offers a variety of different products types like Simple, Grouped, Configurable, Virtual, Bundle, and Downloadable. Choose one that you wish to add. For this post, we we will choose Simple Product.
- Now choose the product template. To do so, go to the Search box provided and label your template. Choose a template you want to use.
- The next step requires you to complete the blank fields.
In the Product Details field, complete the following:
- Enter your product name that will show on the front end of your store
- Include a Stock Keeping Unit number (SKU), a unique identification for your product.
- Enter the price of your product.
Press Save, and proceed to the next step.
- Complete the rest of the product details.
- Enter the Tax Class of your product. You can choose from the categories -None or Taxable Goods.
- Enter the Qty (Quantity) which is the number of products in stock at the moment.
- A drop-down menu will appear with two choices -you can select the option Out of Stock or In Stock to show the status of your products.
- Add the weight of the product for the purpose of shipping.
- Set a visibility action for the product and choose whether you want it to appear on catalog pages alone, on the overall searches only, or both.
- Go to the Category section and select a category for your product. To create a new category, follow the following steps:
Enter your product to find a match. Select the Category.
Click the icon on category to see the available categories in the drop-down menu. Select the category that you want to assign your product.
Then go to New Category and enter the Category Name and select the Parent Category then Create Category.
- Then go to the Content section and In the text box, enter your product Description. Then press the Submit button. For additional control, you can use the Editor.
- Next, go to Images and Videos section. Select an image or video to represent the product. In the images box, click Camera, and search for an image file on your computer. Select the image of your choice and click open. You will see a placeholder until the product image is uploaded.
- Don’t forget to enters the details for the Search Engine Optimization. In this sections include the following:
- Include a URL for the product.
- In this field, add Meta Title, Meta Keywords, and Meta Description in the respective fields.
- Before adding your product, you can add a new attribute by pressing the Add Attribute button. If you’re ready to publish your first product in the catalog, ensure the the Enable Product icon is set at “Yes.” Then, select Save & Close icon to save your product details.
- To view your product in your store, navigate to the Admin menu and select Customer View.
That’s all you need to do to create and add a product in Magento. You can even add multiple products on your website using the same method to tap into a large market.
I hope this guide will be useful to many Magento users.
Check out the top 3 Magento hosting services:
- Click here to know more about the Best website hosting.