As we begin 2017, mobile device usage has already grownbeyond anyone’s expectations. Is mobile device usage still growing? If so, how quickly? To what degree do users use mobile devices instead of desktop devices? How is it affecting online shopping?
We have gathered the answers to these and other mobile usage questions for you, such as:
- How much of Internet traffic is via mobile devices?
- How much of mobile traffic is watching video?
- Do users make online purchases from their mobile devices, or is it mainly research?
- Do mobile users prefer mobile apps or mobile web site via browsers?
- Where do users go when they are looking for online shopping deals?
- Are retailers already taking advantage of the trends is mobile usage?
Users Are Watching a Lot of Videos, But Not Buying on Mobile Devices
The rapid move from PCs & laptops to mobile devices has been nothing short of extraordinary. As more and more people start using their phones and tablets as their primary method of accessing the internet, it is absolutely essential for all companies to ensure their websites function perfectly on these devices. There is certainly no sign that the move toward mobile is going to slow down anytime soon, so investing in a mobile friendly website is definitely a good idea.
Regardless of How They Access the Web, Mobile Users are Not Willing to Wait
While having a mobile friendly website is essential, most businesses should also have a high quality mobile app for their customers to use. Mobile apps have far more functionality and options to take advantage of, and users generally prefer them to using the mobile web. Taking the time to develop a great app can have a very positive impact on the overall customer experience. But don’t forget – it must be fast!
Internet Usage With Mobile Devices is Increasing VERY Quickly
It would have been nearly impossible to predict just how popular the mobile web would become even just a decade ago. Today it is obvious that mobile is not only essential today, but is becoming even more so with every passing day. If you’re not targeting customers on their mobile devices, you are missing out on huge opportunities.
We Are Spending a Lot of Time on Our Mobile Devices
Most homes today have one PC in them, but multiple mobile devices. Each person often has a smartphone, a tablet, and possibly even a smartwatch. This means that people have access to the web no matter where they go, 24/7/365. Most people first check their mobile device when they wake up in the morning, and it is the last thing they look at before going to sleep. Many even wake up at night to check their phones, so targeting these devices is absolutely critical.
The Best Coupons and Bargains Are Being Found on Mobile Devices
Using mobile devices to improve sales takes more than just creating a website or app. There are many innovative and creative marketing strategies that can take advantage of the unique technologies and capabilities that mobile devices have to offer. Creating a well-thought out, comprehensive mobile marketing strategy can help to drive sales, bring in new customers, and improve the bottom line of almost any type of business.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index Forecast Projects Nearly 11-Fold Increase in Global Mobile Data Traffic from 2013 to 2018
- 7 reasons why customers are abandoning your mobile shopping cart
- Mobile Marketing Statistics compilation
- 11 Stats Showing Why You Should Care about Mobile Web Performance
- 71% of internet usage now happens on mobile but TV still dominates global media consumption
- Percentage of all global web pages served to mobile phones from 2009 to 2016
- Worldwide Smartwatch Market Experiences Its First Decline as Shipments Fall 32% in the Second Quarter of 2016, According to IDC
- Mobile Shopping in 2015: Top Couponing App Shopular Queries Consumers about Attitudes and Expected Trends for the New Year
- The State Of Mobile Apps For Retailers
- Once the ‘Future,’ Are Print-at-Home Coupons Already in Decline?
- Coupon Statistics: The Ultimate Collection
Click this link and all your queries to best hosting will end.