Using advanced comparison tools, new online service Host Advice today released the results of its “Global Web Hosting Market Share 2015” review. Until now, there has never been research done on the Web hosting industry because it required analyzing thousands of Web hosting plans from hundreds of Web hosting companies, and running a check on millions of websites.
Host Advice’s “Global Web Hosting Market Share 2015” is a ranking that determines which Web hosting services are faring the best so far this year by looking at each company’s total number of hosted sites and dividing it by the total host sites of the industry in the same period of time.
According to the Host Advice’s research results, GoDaddy ranks the highest in the industry with 5.82% of market share amongst worldwide web hosting sites, beating industry giants such as Amazon Web Services and Rackspace. Out of Host Advice’s top ten hosting sites, seven are American companies, one is French, and two are German. Host Advice’s data also indicates that 49.49% of the world’s websites are hosted by a US-based provider.
Host Advice’s Market Share research also shows the following significant findings about the Web hosting industry:
- Many non-US companies actually choose American hosting companies
- The top ten hosting companies dominate 20.7% of the market
- The web hosting market is very local in nature. For example, in France, eight out of the top ten hosting websites are French, and similarly with Germany and German companies. In Italy, nine out of the top ten hosting sites are Italian and in smaller markets like the Czech Republic, ten out of the top ten hosting companies are local.
- No company has a monopoly. In most countries the top global companies occupy less than 20% of the market. France is the only exception with OVH dominating 64% of the local market
- Commerce company Shopify is Canada's third biggest web hosting company, despite not being considered a web hosting provider
Much like travel search engine Kayak, Host Advice looks at thousands of Web hosting plans to help tech savvy users find the solution that fits their hosting needs at the best price. Host Advice has accumulated data from over 1,500 hosting companies and 54 million hosted websites. To give users more options, the site compares both local hosting solutions and the well-known global players.
“Web hosting comparison is a competitive market,” says Eliran Ouzan, the Founder of Host Advice. “Many web hosting comparison sites are not really showing the top companies, but rather the ones that pay a fee. We are honest in how we rank the most popular web hosting sites as well as how we survey their customers for quality. Our goal is to give our customers all of the relevant information so they can choose the site that meets all of their web hosting needs.”
About Host Advice:
Host Advice aims to solve the problems large companies face when trying to choose the best hosting website for the best price. The service offers users more options and introduces them to global hosting companies they may have never considered before because the service is not offered in their language, but would save them a significant amount of money. The company’s vision is to reduce web hosting costs in the industry by 20% each year by creating transparency between plans and bringing more companies from all over the world to the table.
Links to Market Share per country and language:
Feel free to share this on your website by coping this embed: