VPS Malaysia is one of the fastest-growing suppliers of virtual private servers in Southeast Asia. Its services are aimed at those looking for premium, reliable hosting, and the provider has a large number of packages to cater to a wide range of small and medium-sized businesses.Read More
The company has been operating since 2012, and though it’s not as well established as some of its competitors, it's certainly making inroads globally, and now has servers in both North America and Europe as well as Malaysia.
In this VPS Malaysia review, we take an in-depth look at features, uptime, service offering, and pricing to see if the provider can cover your web hosting needs.
Pros and cons
- 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the service
- 99.99% server uptime
- Large range of hosting plans and options
- SSL secure is free
- Free Domain name
- Unlimited MySQL, email and Parked
- Up to 50 hosted websites
- Free setup and no contract, cancel any time
- 24/7 support
- Backups cost extra
- Dedicated, private servers can be expensive
- You’ll need some web development skills to get the most out of the product
Pricing and payment methods
Pricing is a little more towards the premium end of the market, but you get what you pay for, with excellent customer support, multiple features, and a guaranteed 99.99% uptime.
There’s a huge range of packages to choose from and monthly costs can vary significantly. The cheapest to the most expensive options range between $7.54 and $292.76 per month. Pricing is affected by:
- Whether you choose a shared or dedicated server
- How many CPU cores you’d like
- Amount of RAM
- Storage space
- Number of websites you’d like to host
- Whether you operate using Windows or Linux
Using two of the provider’s most popular plans as examples, if you choose a shared server, with 100GB SSD and 10 hosted websites, it’ll cost you $12.74 per month. A private server with four cores and 16GB of RAM will cost you $97.10 per month.
Your choice is entirely dependent on your specific business needs and whether you prefer the security of a private server or the convenience of a shared one. Head over to the website for a full list of options.
Most importantly, you’re not tied down to a contract, and you can cancel your monthly payments at any time with no cost to you.
Ease of use
The interface is relatively straightforward to use but definitely isn’t for complete beginners. VPS Malaysia offers no website building tool, so you’ll need to have web development skills if you’d like to host here. For more experienced coders, there’s great customer support for PHP, MySQL, and all popular programming languages. So, if you’re having trouble with your site, get in touch with the 24/7 service team and someone will be able to assist.
Load times and reliability
The service is no slouch when it comes to speed. All servers use SSD in RAID 10 configuration, making them 10 times faster than traditional HDD. The provider also guarantees a 99.99% uptime, with refunds for any downtime. To date, the company has managed to consistently maintain uptime at 99.975%, so you’ll have no reliability concerns here.
VPS Malaysia is geared towards those with at least some experience in web development. Although its features are still quite advanced, it shouldn’t take you long to get to grips with them.
- Free cPanel account - cPanel is one of the most popular web hosting control panels on the planet, and it’s nice to see you get a free account here. If you’ve used cPanel before, you’ll have your site up and running here in no time
- 24/7 customer support - The provider has some of the best customer service options we’ve seen from a VPS service. You can contact a service agent over the phone, email, or via web chat with any technical or coding queries
- Shared servers all use Cloud Linux - This latest software ensures your data is isolated from other clients in shared servers
- Softaculous 1-Click Installer - Improve your website using more than 400 programs and 40 widgets with the Softaculous Installer. Add-ons include additional security options for your site and smoother integration for sales channels
- Continuous server monitoring and stress testing - VPS Malaysia is able to maintain its excellent uptime record through constant monitoring and mitigation of problems
Being relatively small in comparison to its larger hosting competitors, the provider is able to offer a much more personalized customer service experience from a team of dedicated service agents. You can get in touch via email, live chat, or over the phone, and the team is happy to discuss any technical issues you might have.
Customer service is promised 24/7, but depending on your timezone, and the time of day you contact the company, it can sometimes take a little while to get help simply because there aren’t always enough staff to cover the number of queries.
If you’re not 100% satisfied, you’ll be offered a money-back guarantee if you cancel the service within 30 days of signing up.
Still not decided? Check out some of our user reviews. They’re written by real customers and will give you an idea of whether this is the service for you.
Overall, there’s a lot to like about VPS Malaysia. While we wouldn’t recommend it for absolute beginners, it’s a great service for those with some web development experience. You get a wide range of hosting packages to choose from and can scale accordingly with the size of your business. The platform is also easy to get to grips with, and even less experienced customers should be able to pick up the basics.
If you’re still struggling, feel free to get in touch with the 24/7 customer service team or cancel at any time. VPS Malaysia is a largely risk-free service.