Are you trying to host or build a website? Say you have heard about WordPress and searched about it. Your research turned out positive; you got info that 30% of all websites use WordPress, presenting an excellent opportunity for freelance web developers, safe and secure, and more!
So, a decision is made – using WordPress is the best option for you. Say you go for free WordPress hosting. And you have chosen the best one available on the market!
Still, you are a bit scared of the outcome, failing, making trials and errors, especially at the start of your journey. Maybe you can learn it on your own, from how-to blogs, from Youtube videos, or something else, but keep in mind that those usually aren’t made by experts. You can post tutorials on a website or social media platforms, even if you are a first-time user, even if you have no knowledge, skill, or experience with WordPress.
So, are the “amateur” sources worth spending your time and money on? Probably not! If you want to skip those uncomfortable situations, choosing a training course for WordPress is the better way!
Top Online Resources to Learn WordPress For Beginners
The following online courses for WordPress can indeed help you in learning. Still, they each have their respective set of benefits and drawbacks. What works for one user might as well be entirely useless for another, so select carefully!
WordPress 101 – Learn The Platform’s Fundamentals Rapidly
Since its inception in 2008, WP101 has grown in popularity, now being the most popular video lesson for WordPress learners. If you’re new to WordPress and want a quick overview, this course is a great place to start. In addition to the courses, the member forum will also come in handy. And the best part is Shawn, the founder of WP101, can answer any WordPress-related questions you may have.
Up to date, WP101 has taught more than 3 million individuals how to use WordPress. Several courses are available, each with step-by-step videos usually 90 minutes long, making it simple to follow along. Customizing a theme, using widgets, and installing plugins are all covered in this course, which is also mobile-friendly.
- Learn how to install WordPress, utilize the Gutenberg Editor, and personalize your site
- Updates regularly to make sure that all resources are up to date, thus solving the problem of WordPress compatibility
- A high-definition video tutorial
- Learn how to use WooCommerce to build up your online store
- Classic WordPress 101: a distinct tutorial for novices who don’t wish to use Gutenberg
- $19 for one month
- $49 for a year
- $89 for lifetime access
The Complete WordPress Website Business Course – Buy It Once, Learn For A Lifetime
The Complete WordPress Website Business Course is available on Udemy, an online learning site. You will get lifelong access to all lessons if you purchase this course. And if you’re a new member of Udemy, you’ll almost certainly get a discount on the overall cost.
The WordPress Website Business Course covers everything you need to know about WordPress, from basic to advanced. The course consists of 115 lectures broken into a few main sections. In total, there are around 22 hours of video content.
- Create at least ten contemporary mobile-responsive websites
- Helpful forum and active community
- Udemy communication channels provide direct access to your professors for inquiries and assistance
- Moving WordPress websites to new hosts and servers is a common task
- Digital delivery and shipping
- Premium Products WordPress Sandbox
- Free hosting trials are available for working on this course
Cost: $12.99 per month
LearnWoo- Free Solution For All Beginners
LearnWoo is a beautiful WordPress site that focuses on WooCommerce and other eCommerce-related tools. Many ebooks are available to give crucial instruction for WordPress and WooCommerce newcomers. LearnWoo also has constantly updated material, such as ‘How-to’ articles, interviews with notable individuals, and more.
Better yet, LearnWoo also has several bargains that might help you save money on WordPress-related products and services.
- Professional writing and original ideas
- Almost everything is free
- Easy to learn even if you are unable to watch videos
- Simple search option
- Works on mobile or tablet devices
Cost: Free guides for beginners.
WordPress Essentials Course- A Quick Start For WordPress Newbies
WP Apprentice’s WordPress Essentials Course, similar to WordPress 101, guides absolute novices through the process of constructing their website. There are more than 50 instructional videos in this collection. You’ll discover how to produce content, personalize your site, and change WordPress settings, among other things.
For the price you are paying for WP Essentials Course, you will also get access to the group forum. Furthermore, there’s a free WordPress Quick Start course covering ten introductory videos if you want to test it out. Still, the most notable feature of this course is that it is pretty thorough, including excellent video tutorial classes.
- The Gutenberg editor
- Creating a business website step by step
- Elementor Pro for theme building
- Adding videos and pictures which create content
- Detailed lessons
- The balance between the marketing website and the building is excellent
- $15 for a month
- $40 for three months
Lynda.com – Many Writers, Broad Range of Topics
Lynda is one of the most well-known online learning platforms, having an extensive collection of courses on a wide range of topics.
Lynda.com offers tens of thousands of WordPress courses. These courses were written by various writers and covered a wide range of topics. So, if you want to be in charge of what you study, this could be the best WordPress school for you. They all provide downloadable materials, videos, and advice from experienced teachers.
- You may locate classes customized to your requirements depending on what you want to study
- Courses may be searched by ability level
- WordPress tutorials here are in their most complete form
- It’s a low-cost method to get access to a lot of information
Cost: A one-time cost of $30.99.
Learn WordPress with Udemy- A Place With Possibilities For Choosing
Udemy is for those who want to create online courses. This comprehensive learning portal offers WordPress classes for beginners. Because the duration of the courses on Udemy can vary widely, you’ll want to choose one that has a lot of positive ratings and is currently available. Some courses have over 80 lectures, while others have as few as ten or fewer.
WordPress for Beginners, WordPress Theme Development, and WordPress eCommerce Training are available here. Some Udemy courses are only one or two hours long, while many are over 10.
Udemy has a wide range of courses available at various costs.
- WordPress development certificates are included
- Develop your web development abilities in preparation for a full-time or part-time job
- Look through the lessons and training on Udemy to learn about WordPress site development
- By building a website from the bottom up and using a variety of plugins, you can create dynamic websites without getting into the nitty-gritty of coding
Cost: Anywhere from free to $199.99
BitDegree WordPress Tutorial – The Fastest Choice
Alex Genadinik, a software developer, has designed BitDegree. It’s a short and easy-to-understand tutorial covering all of the essentials for getting started with WordPress.
The course includes how to become your boss, market, and create passive income, in addition to essential skills and ideas for beginning and maintaining your own business.
A tutor will help you understand affiliate marketing for beginners once you learn how to build a website from the start for your business and all the secrets to acquiring tons of consumers. So, if you are connected to the Internet, you can learn all you need to know to launch your website in a maximum hour and a half.
Key Features :
- If you follow the lessons that cover significant areas of website design, you can construct a website in a day
- Additional advice for running a website as a company is beneficial for people new to the field
- You will learn how to take care of your website on your own over time
- It just takes 75 minutes to finish
Cost: Regular price is $57
Create a WordPress Website Course (Coursera) – Become An Expert From The Start
The Coursera eLearning platform offers a course called Create a Website Using WordPress. In a split-screen approach, you’ll be taken through the processes for a two-hour project.
On one side of the screen, you will have a WordPress work area, and on the other, there will be a video of the teacher. Because the lessons are quick, you may complete the entire course in a short amount of time.
This course will teach you how to manage your WordPress website, customize colors and fonts, and create a WordPress website, among other things. All you need to do is establish a Coursera account with your email address to access the course materials.
- From the beginning, learn all there is to know about WordPress
- Explained WordPress themes, plugins, and permalinks
- Examine a few real-life instances to use as examples in your interview
- There are two hours of videos available to help you learn WordPress
- Learn the best way to set up a WordPress website
Cost: The essential guide is free of charge.
Why Should You Invest In a WordPress Training Course?
Here’re the main reasons why you should invest in a training course for WordPress:
- They cover everything: you can find anything you need in a WP course, from the most straightforward first step adjusted for beginners to the most in-depth explanations.
- Match the offer with your needs: you don’t have to spend your time learning everything (including extra and unnecessary information). Instead, you can get a narrowed offer better matching your personal or business needs.
- A relatively quick learning process: completing a WordPress training course usually takes anywhere between 20 and 25 hours if you are not taking projects and quizzes. If you choose the latter, it might take 40 to 50 hours, which is, once again, pretty fast.
- A cost-friendly solution: even though you are reaping lots of benefits, you still don’t have to exceed your budget. WP training courses generally cost from $10 to $20.
- A visual and audio presentation: simultaneously activating more than one sense significantly facilitates the learning process.
What To Look For In A WordPress Training Course? Online Course Evaluation Criteria
As a beginner trying to find the best WordPress training course, the first solution on your mind is opening your search and typing “WordPress Online Course.” And it seems alright, but the results you will encounter are usually a list of irrelevant ads.
So, in front of you is the question, “How do you know what to look for from an online course in WordPress?” The best way to answer this is by creating a shopping list of things to learn.
Here are several examples to help you get the idea:
- I’d like to know how to set up WordPress.
- Where can I purchase a WordPress theme?
- How do web addresses work?
- I’d like to learn more about WordPress in general.
- I’m interested in learning how to improve the performance of my website, etc.
The second step is to create your evaluation criteria. At this point, you should seek classes that include the following:
- You can get a free trial, or a sneak peek at specific videos.
- The course materials are clear to read.
- The presenter is not hard to understand.
- Course content is updated all the time.
- Their videos are of decent to excellent quality.
- Includes some helpful information that may be downloaded.
- Finally, is it a good investment? Perform a cost-benefit analysis!
Resolution – It’s Best When You Have A WordPress Expert To Guide You Along The Way
In each aspect of life, everything is easier when someone is there to show us how to do something step by step. You are more confident, and there is no considerable risk of failure. Then, when you are done with the learning, everything depends on you. And you can take it!
The same applies to courses or tutorials for WordPress; when someone shows you how to do something on WordPress, you will have less space for mistakes on the CMS. Better yet, you will have to pay a small charge for these insights, or sometimes even nothing at all. So, if you are a beginner, look no more; choose a training course and start your WP journey today!
Check out our recommendations for the best wordpress hosting.