You don’t have to get WordPress hosting for your WP site, but it sure takes things to another level. Choosing the best WordPress hosting for your needs will simplify the CMS installation and boost your overall experience. You’ll benefit from a preconfigured environment, improved plugin management, one-click installs, automatic WP updates, and more!
At HostAdvice, we have made significant efforts to bring you the best choices for WordPress hosting. Our experts are professionals with years of experience who have bought each plan and reported first-hand as regular customers. The HA team performs side-by-side comparisons, speed, uptime and reliability tests, and other vital actions during the testing phase.
Are you willing to learn all there is to know about the best WordPress hosting 2022 – the basics, types, pros, and cons of WP hosting solutions?
If you are in a bit of a rush, let’s jump straight into it. Here’s our choice for the top WordPress hosting solutions!
Short On Time? Check Our 10 Best WordPress Hosting Providers:
- HostArmada – Best Value for Money WordPress Web Hosting
- FastComet – Fastest WordPress Hosting
- DreamHost – Best WordPress Recommended Host
- Cloudways – Best Managed WordPress Hosting
- InMotion Hosting – Best Fully Optimized WordPress Hosting
- IONOS – Most Flexible WordPress Web Hosting Provider
- A2 Hosting – Best WordPress Hosting for 24/7 Reliability and Availability
- ScalaHosting – Best WordPress Hosting Overall
- Kamatera – Best High-Traffic WordPress Hosting
- Verpex – Cheapest WordPress Hosting Available
How Did We Choose The Top 10 WordPress Hosting?
- Types of Hosting WordPress Hosting Offered5%
- Uptime Commitment8%
- Speed Optimization9%
- Available Space and Bandwidth7%
- Scalability Options6%
- Security Enhancements7%
- Ease of Use8%
- WP-Specific Support12%
- Developer Tools and Extras5%
- User Reviews30%
- Starting Price3%
HostAdvice combines different review methodologies to separate and rank the best WordPress hosting services. Our experts are always a step ahead with their approaches, meaning they continually upgrade their ways of doing things to remain up-to-date with all innovation and new releases. For instance, we have recently introduced new uptime and performance measurement processes, relying on real-time results.
Each ranking is category-specific. We establish the most important factors we’re looking at when we give rank for a particular category, in this case, WordPress hosting. Then, we allocate percentages to different factors depending on their importance for a WordPress hosting service – the higher the weight, the more critical the factor. Apart from independent tests and weighting, our ranking is also based on genuine user reviews.
HostAdvice’s AI technology has sorted the best WordPress web hosting providers based on several key factors:
- Types of WordPress Hosting Offered (5%): Availability of shared, VPS, cloud, and dedicated (VDS) WordPress hosting.
- Uptime Commitment (8%): Can the WP host keep your site online at all times? Offline website translates to the loss of customers, sales, and SEO. So, it would be best to strive towards an uptime guarantee of 99.95% or more. Also, make sure to get a provider that compensates you for downtime, acting as a reassurance of their quality.
- Speed Optimization (9%): A fast-loading website boosts your users’ experience and customer satisfaction. WordPress recommended hosts have more than one server location. Optimally, you would get a service close to your target audience to reduce latency. Other speed-enhancing components include free Cloudflare CDN, caching, and fast servers (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, Varnish, and Squid).
- Available Space and Bandwidth (7%): does the WordPress plan/hosting setup allows for one or more websites? What can you host (high-quality images, videos, etc.)? You should consider the type of storage, the amount of memory per website, and the available bandwidth for traffic.
- Scalability Options (6%): How many visitors can your WordPress hosting plan support? What if you exceed this limit? Can you quickly upgrade to more resources, and will the WP host help you in the process?
- Security Enhancements (7%): With WordPress hosting, you should look for specific security features, including daily backups, firewalls, malware scanning and removal, monitoring for malicious plugins, automatic updates, and SSL certificates.
- Ease of Use (8%): The best WordPress hosting solutions are beginner-friendly, providing easy-to-use workflow tools to facilitate your experience. It would be best if you got an intuitive interface to handle installs, add plugins, and more.
- WP-Specific Support (12%): Quality WordPress hosting plans come with a dedicated WordPress team available 24/7 to assist you in all issues you might face with the CMS. These professionals can understand, assess, and quickly resolve your queries.
- Developer Tools and Extras (5%): These features facilitate building and administering your website and are especially important for WP users with experience with the CMS – unlimited development sites, staging sites, updates, SSH/Bash Access, Perl, Python, Node.js, Git, WP CLI, Drush, PHP Frameworks, etc.
- User Reviews (30%): We especially value the experience of worldwide customers with a particular WordPress hosting service, including beginners, highly-experienced developers, and everything in between. User reviews form the base of our ranking since they provide insights into different aspects of operation; they are honest, transparent, and valuable.
- Starting Price (3%): Whether you are willing to get the most expensive or the best free hosting for WordPress, you should establish the quality you will get for the price, aka, the price-value ratio.
What Is WordPress Hosting, and Do You Actually Need It?
WordPress hosting is a web hosting service preconfigured for WordPress, the most popular CMS worldwide. It’s not a type of hosting product like shared, VPS, or dedicated hosting, but more of an add-on to traditional web hosting plans, such as reseller hosting.
This hosting is a specialized solution for WordPress that integrates perfectly with WP sites. It improves the website security, performance, and overall functionality by specific features and options, such as one-click installs, better plugin management, automated updates, tailored WordPress customer support, and so on.
In general, WordPress hosting providers intend to offer a package that simplifies, secures, and speeds up the WordPress installation and management. Still, the offer can vary significantly from one web host to another, primarily depending on the type of WordPress hosting you choose, your needs, and your budget.
The thing is, WordPress hosting is not a prerequisite for hosting a WordPress site, meaning you don’t have to buy WP hosting. Still, if I were you, I would select this alternative. Sure, you can host your WP website on a generic server, but it’s far more time-consuming and lacks the needed features for your website’s optimal performance. This service is highly convenient if you are a beginner, mainly due to the preconfigured environment for WordPress, range of WP-specific features, ease of use, and 24/7 availability of WP experts.
What Are The Advantages Of WP Hosting?
Each type of web hosting (shared, VPS, or dedicated) can be optimized for the CMS, making it WordPress hosting. The question is, how does WordPress hosting exceed generic hosting?
Here’s why you need a WordPress optimized service over a traditional web hosting plan:
- You get a preconfigured environment for a fast and easy setup
- Better uptime, reliability, and performance with less work on your part
- It’s a speed-optimized solution that improves loading speeds, SEO, and customer satisfaction
- WordPress hosting is also optimized for performance tweaks, especially with managed WP
- Security features adjusted for WP-specific attacks (reduced danger of malicious third parties)
- Improved plugin function, automated updates, and up-to-date software
- Significant ease of use with a user-friendly interface – it’s easy to add plugins, SSL certificates, perform backups, and more (only a few clicks)
- You get access to many customization options (website design, ads), themes, and features
- Customer support consists of WordPress experts qualified to solve all your issues with the hosting and boost your performance
The Different Types Of WP Hosting
As mentioned, you cannot find WordPress hosting on the specter of web hosting plans alongside shared, VPS hosting, or dedicated servers. Instead, each web hosting plan can be optimized for the CMS. If you start browsing, you’ll indeed find more than one WordPress hosting solution. Further on, you will encounter several classifications based on different factors.
In general, you can make a distinction between shared WordPress hosting, VPS, cloud, and dedicated (VDS) WP hosting, but more on those later.
Our 10 Best WordPress Hosting Providers Are:
I highly recommend getting a HostArmada managed WordPress hosting plan. After all, the offers start at $2.99 per month, and you can get up to unlimited websites, 40 GB SSD Storage, 6 Cores CPU, and 6 GB RAM on a single subscription.
- Overall Score: 5.0
- Features: 4.9
- Performance: 4.9
- Ease of Use: 5.0
- Support: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
HostArmada offers excellent value for money thanks to its affordable plans that include many useful features, like free cPanel, free SSL for all sites, daily backups, web server cache, cloud SSD storage, and 24/7 support.
- Optimal uptime loading speed and website performance with no server failures
- Some of the lowest WordPress hosting prices on the market (especially considering all features you get for free within the plans)
- The support staff is always available, and you will receive quick responses in case of issues
- The renewal rates are more expensive than the initial prices (even with these rates, HostArmada is one of the most affordable WordPress hosting solutions)
- Some features are locked to the pricier plans (Speed Reaper Features, Dynamic Caching, Warp)
Features: Managed WordPress hosting with 1-click WordPress installer, automatic daily backups, web server cache, SSD cloud storage, cPanel, and tight WP security.
Performance: Cloud-powered shared hosting servers with SSD storage for faster read/write times, 99.9% uptime, and a low number of clients per server for optimal server load and optimal site performance.
Ease of Use: Beginner-friendly service with cPanel and 1-click WP installer to quickly deploy WordPress instances and configure installations.
Support: Worry-free experience with 24/7 available technical support to migrate your WP site, install plugins, SSL certificates, or optimize your website
Pricing: You can pay monthly, annually, biennially, or triennially. The best part is you can benefit from significant discounts and incredible deals, especially on the longer-term plans.
I suggest getting FastComet for the fastest website performance. Choose from WordPress shared hosting, cloud VPS hosting, and dedicated CPU servers – speed and security at scale!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.8
- User-Friendly: 4.8
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.7
Are you looking for a speed boost? Benefit from the fastest WordPress hosting available with SSD-only cloud, Cloudflare CDN, FastGuard, RocketBooster, WordPress Resource Monitoring, and more!
- Above-average loading speeds and website performance
- Lots of free goods included (daily backups, managed migrations, free domain transfer)
- Multiple data center locations available across the globe (choosing one that’s closest to your target market reduces latency, thus improving your visitors’ satisfaction)
- The full performance features, such as the RocketBooster, are limited to the priciest plans
- There are no server locations available in South America and Africa (fortunately, CDN is available for free – makes up for this loss)
- Prices increase on renewal
Features: A variety of WordPress hosting plans for complete 360° control over your WordPress hosting service – easy to navigate Client Control Area, cPanel/WHM, 1-click App Marketplace, and Observer Monitoring.
Performance: Out-of-the-box WordPress optimization, SSD-cloud for 300% performance boost, free Cloudflare CDN, superior WordPress security, and resource monitoring.
Ease of Use: Immediate activation or people-powered express transfer service without downtime free of charge – 1-click marketplace with over 450 apps, over 20 Frameworks, and the industry-standard cPanel.
Support: Unlimited 24/7 in-house priority support that cares about your website and over 3,000 pages of step-by-step tutorials to get you started.
Pricing: Affordable plans, excellent deals, 45-day money-back guarantee for Cloud Shared Hosting, and 7-day refund for VPS/DS Servers, and free months of hosting (up to six months unused time compensation).
Are you looking for a host recommended by WordPress.org? While there aren’t many such alternatives available, DreamHost is one of the best, offering unbeatable WordPress hosting on a budget.
- Overall Score: 4.3
- Features: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Ease of Use: 4.3
- Support: 4.3
- Pricing: 4.3
Since DreamHost works closely with WordPress.org, you can expect the newest version of the CMS available in your DreamHost control panel. And it doesn’t end there; WordPress optimized servers, in-house WordPress experts, and powerful features are also part of the deal.
- Powerful WordPress features and add-ons
- Servers built with optimum WordPress performance in mind
- 24/7 available dedicated support team that knows WordPress inside and out
- No free domains in monthly billing terms (you have to sign up for at least one year)
- Free email hosting is excluded from the cheapest monthly WordPress plan (you can add it for $1.67/month/mailbox)
Features: Every DreamHost WordPress hosting plan includes instant WordPress setup, auto WordPress updates, free automated WordPress migrations, WP website builder, easy one-click installs, free domain, free SSL certificate, free privacy protection, free email hosting, and automatic backups.
Performance: DreamHost guarantees 100% uptime and extreme speeds. Its server and database software is fully compatible with WordPress, ensuring seamless and fluid integration. With all the right configurations out of the box and SSDs, your site is guaranteed to run at peak performance.
Ease of Use: With DreamHost’s preconfigured WordPress plans for easy maintenance, it’s effortless to build and manage your site. You’ll get thousands of incredible themes and powerful plugins to customize your site and also get the option for a managed WordPress experience.
Support: DreamHost’s in-house and US-based experts standby for friendly, pro-level support 24/7, 365. They are intensively trained, and the team even consists of WordPress core contributors.
Pricing: DreamHost’s cheapest WordPress hosting plans start at $1.99 for a single website and unlimited traffic. Its managed WordPress hosting, in turn, starts at $16.95. All of its offers are further backed up by money-back guarantee policies.
Managed WordPress hosting takes things to another level. If I were you, I would get Cloudways as the best managed WP hosting solution trusted by over 250,000 SMBs, agencies, and individuals worldwide!
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Reliability: 4.7
- User-Friendly: 4.7
- Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
Cloudways will manage everything for you. The best part is – you get enough free time to focus on your core business without worrying about your site’s speed, security, and overall performance!
- Supports the top five IaaS providers, over 60 worldwide data centers, and an excellent range of features
- It doesn’t restrict your use of WordPress plugins and themes (you get complete freedom and ownership, even with managed support)
- High-performance servers with faster server speeds than competitors and vertical scaling
- Paying extra for most add-ons (ex. offsite backup storage, email)
- Has its own Customer Control Area (no access to Plesk or cPanel)
- Combining Cloudways service with another cloud provider (you rely on two providers instead of one)
Features: Optimized servers for WordPress – featuring the latest CMS version, monitoring, scaling, cloning, backups, restores, and more, all through 1-click operations.
Performance: SSD hosting, built-in cache, optimized stack, PHP versions, Cloudways CDN, Breeze plugin, dedicated firewalls, SSLs, login and database security, IP whitelisting, and more!
Ease of Use: 1-click actions – every operational task from the server launch to SSL installation is available in a few clicks.
Support: 24/7 expert support included, Advanced or Premium support add-on, ticketing system, Knowledgebase, troubleshooting, and an active community.
Pricing: No contracts; pay-as-you-go plans that adapt to your budget. You can host unlimited WordPress websites, and only pay for the resources you consume at the end of the month.
It’s always nice to be able to put your trust in professionals. And if you ask me, you can do exactly that with InMotion’s managed WordPress hosting optimized by experts. The team genuinely put hard work into developing this solution and has an exemplary reputation to prove their quality.
- Overall Score: 4.0
- Features: 4.2
- Performance: 4.0
- Ease of Use: 4.1
- Support: 4.1
- Pricing: 3.8
With InMotion Hosting, you can start in a shared environment and upgrade to more control, flexibility, and security with its WP-VPS, which is perfect for eCommerce and larger WordPress installations. Either way, you’ll get impeccable reliability, robust security, and fantastic support.
- Valuable features across all plans (free SSL for life, unlimited bandwidth, marketing tools)
- Super helpful WordPress website hosting experts available 24/7 + self-help databases
- Robust WordPress security (hack and malware protection, automatic backups, and more)
- Limited to server locations in the US (might cause latency on other continents; fortunately, the CDN makes up for this)
- Month-to-month billing is unavailable on the cheap WordPress hosting plans (you have to commit at least a year)
Features: All WordPress hosting plans include a free drag-and-drop builder, free migration tools, free WordPress themes, premium plugins, free SSL certificate, unlimited bandwidth, advanced caching, unlimited professional email, eCommerce integration, native backups, marketing tools, free domain, and more.
Performance: As an InMotion Hosting customer, you’ll enjoy free NVMe SSD storage, NGINX, PHP 7, PHP 8, free CDN, WP-CLI, Imagemagick, managed updates, and more, for up to 40x increased performance, along with 99.9% uptime.
Ease of Use: InMotion Hosting makes WordPress easy. You’ll get WordPress pre-installed at checkout along with the industry-standard cPanel for straightforward navigation.
Support: All WordPress Hosting plans are backed by 24/7/365 US-based customer service experts. You can also use its comprehensive online support center, step-by-step education channels, and customer community forums for self-help.
Pricing: With InMotion Hosting, you can start at $3.49 on the 3-year term for two websites, 100GB NVMe SSD Storage, 10x WP Performance, free lifetime SSL, unlimited bandwidth, ten email addresses, two PHP workers per site, and more!
It’s always nice to be able to switch up your resources and get more (or less) whenever you need to. With IONOS, you can do exactly that for your WordPress site! Namely, you can easily get more resources when you receive sudden traffic spikes and decrease them later if that suits your needs!
- Overall Score: 1.5
- Features: 1.5
- Performance: 1.5
- Ease of Use: 1.5
- Support: 1.3
- Pricing: 1.8
IONOS offers all kinds of WordPress hosting options, including shared WordPress hosting, managed WordPress hosting, and dedicated WordPress hosting. It allows you to seamlessly upgrade and transition from a lower hosting solution to a higher one without any interruptions or downtime!
- Fully-optimized WordPress hosting that allows you to manage multiple sites with CLI control
- Excellent pricing plans that come with numerous features and a money-back guarantee
- The provider has extensive WordPress experience and has hosted more than one million WP sites
- Not as user-friendly as other providers (but still easy to learn if you put a little effort into it)
Features: All WordPress hosting plans come with an optimized WordPress platform and settings that allow you to have a hassle-free WordPress hosting experience. Other features include WP-CLI control, SSH access, free domain name for one year, a free SSL certificate, DDoS & malware protection, etc.
Performance: IONOS offers a 99.97% uptime guarantee, a georedundant hosting platform that mirrors your data in two data centers, 100% SSD storage, a free caching plugin for faster loading, and ten ISO-certified data centers in Europe and the USA, daily backups & recovery, and more!
Ease of Use: IONOS allows you to run at least one managed WordPress project with all of its plans. Its managed option comes with automated cores, plugins, themes, and PHP version updates.
Support: In addition to its managed services, IONOS also offers 24/7 customer support via phone, multiple written guides, a Help Center, a status page, and more.
Pricing: You can host your WordPress site with IONOS for as low as $0.50/month and handle up to 25,000 monthly visits, get a free SSL certificate, 100GB SSD storage, 10 MariaDB databases, auto-updates, five email addresses, free daily backups, and more!
If you are looking for a reliable WordPress hosting provider that can ensure that your site will be up and running at all times with little to no interruption, I highly recommend you check out A2 Hosting. It is a highly reliable provider that offers a stable connection and enhanced security features for all its users!
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Features: 4.7
- Performance: 4.7
- Ease of Use: 4.7
- Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
A2 Hosting offers excellent shared web hosting and managed WordPress services at competitive prices. It also allows you to use the top WordPress plugins and add them to your site. Furthermore, its WordPress hosting plans are fully compatible with various WordPress page builders, such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, and more!
- Integrated with multiple WordPress page builders and plugins
- Offers Turbo Servers that can provide up to 20x faster WordPress hosting services than normal ones
- A WordPress Toolkit that includes automatic hardening, one-click hardening, mass updates, and more
- Higher renewal rates (but even with higher renewal rates, it is still worth the money that you will pay)
Features: WordPress can be used on every web hosting plan from A2 Hosting, including its shared web hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting plans. It also offers managed WordPress hosting, a WordPress toolkit, pre-installed WordPress, a free SSL certificate, and more.
Performance: A2 Hosting offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and is committed to it 24/7/365. It also offers fast-paced NVMe SSD storage and Turbo servers, which provide up to 20x faster WordPress hosting services than normal servers!
Ease of Use: When you get a WordPress hosting plan with A2 Hosting, the provider will auto-setup WordPress for you in advance. Also, you use the beginner-friendly cPanel control panel to manage and build your WordPress site from the ground up.
Support: A2 Hosting’s services are backed by its reliable Guru Crew, which is available 24/7/365. The provider also offers a WordPress Knowledge Base and a WordPress blog!
Pricing: A2 Hosting’s shared WordPress hosting plans start at $2.99/month for a single website and 100GB SSD Storage. Its managed WordPress hosting plans start at $11.99/month and come with turbo servers, among other features.
ScalaHosting is an excellent provider that offers top WordPress hosting, among many other services. So, if you are looking for a top-tier WordPress hosting provider that offers competitive prices and excellent features, I highly recommend that you check out ScalaHosting!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.8
- Ease of Use: 4.8
- Support: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.8
ScalaHosting offers excellent WordPress plans that are suitable for all types of purposes, including hosting only one site, multiple sites, more content-driven and complex websites, and more. It also has an excellent managed VPS plan that provides optimal performance, scalability, and security. All in all, ScalaHosting is the best all-in-one WordPress solution available on the market!
- Excellent performance powered by enterprise-grade SSD drives, multi-core E5 CPUs, and 10Gbps network connectivity
- Affordable pricing plans that come packed with all kinds of powerful features
- 100% customer satisfaction thanks to its 24/7 award-winning customer support services
- No website builder (but you can quickly find a free website builder and use it to create your WordPress website and host it with ScalaHosting)
Features: free Cloudflare CDN that can help your website load faster, one-click WordPress installer, seven for the last seven days, one-click data restoration, SShield Cybersecurity that blocks 99.98% of web attacks, optimized WordPress hosting environment, and more.
Performance: a 99.9% uptime guarantee, enterprise-grade SSD drives, E5 multi-core CPUs, 10Gbps network connectivity, self-healing servers, unlimited bandwidth, and more than 35 enterprise-grade data centers worldwide that help you be available for all users.
Ease of use: beginner-friendly one-click WordPress installer, a one-click installer for more than 450 additional scripts and plugins, and a beginner-friendly WordPress manager that allows you to clone, backup, restore, and install over 250 apps with one click.
Support: award-winning customer service available 24/7 with 100% customer satisfaction, fully-managed services via which you will receive expert help with more advanced WordPress issues, including plugin troubleshooting and more.
Pricing: You can pay either on an annual or triannual basis. Both options offer significant discounts, especially the triannual payment option.
I highly recommend getting VPS hosting from Kamatera. But what about WordPress? Don’t worry; you can install the CMS with a single click from a preconfigured environment and enjoy the above-average performance.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 5.0
- User-Friendly: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.8
Kamatera is the best high-traffic WordPress hosting solution available. Its WordPress integration on a VPS accounts for superior features, including choosing the type of server, CPU, RAM, and SSD for your plan.
- Scalable resources on WordPress VPS plans for ultimate freedom and reliability
- Extremely supportable and skilled staff for tailored support
- Pay-as-you-go solution (they charge you for what you need exactly, no other fees)
- The prices increase significantly for managed WordPress servers
- The cloud resources are more expensive than competitors
- Requires technical understanding (customer support available to help)
Features: WordPress VPS hosting featuring leading technology. WordPress is pre-installed on Linux servers available with a one-click install, adjustable server specs, and advanced configuration.
Performance: Scalable solution on a cloud infrastructure with 99.95% uptime guarantee and no single point of failure. Data centers in America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
Ease of Use: Custom Control Panel that requires a bit of technical knowledge to navigate. Luckily, customer support is available to guide all beginners and first-time WordPress hosting users in the process.
Support: Live technical and tailored support around the clock, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Managed support is also available.
Pricing: Pay by the minute, hour, or month, only for what you use. 30-day free trial and 100% satisfaction guarantee are also included.
I am here to tell you you won’t have to sacrifice quality if you are on a budget yet opt for a high-quality WordPress hosting solution. Verpex is here to deliver the best of both worlds, allowing you to start at less than a dollar per month!
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Features: 4.9
- Performance: 4.8
- Ease of Use: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 5.0
Verpex offers top WordPress hosting plans for all types of websites, including blogs and businesses. You can easily scale your WordPress-optimized solution as your audience expands and benefit from numerous freebies, including free backups, SSL, and cPanel.
- One of the most affordable prices for WordPress on the market
- 24/7/365 expert WordPress hosting support via several channels
- 99.99% uptime guarantee (except on the cheapest WP plan)
- Free domains are excluded from monthly billing terms
- 99.50% uptime on the cheapest WordPress hosting plan available
- Prices increase on renewal (even with the increase, Verpex is still more affordable than competitors)
Features: Free domain registration/transfer, free SSL certificates, daily backups, WP-CLI, Imunify360, SitePad Sitebuilder, Cloudlinux, secure Webmail access, spam protection, outbound spam filtering, phpMyAdmin, MySQL access, and developer tools.
Performance: Verpex utilizes several servers around the globe, and its hosting servers are perfectly configured to keep your site up, and running, with no bugs or timeouts. You’ll benefit from WordPress-optimized hosting on LightSpeed webservers for blazing fast speeds.
Ease of Use: With Verpex, you can create your fantastic-looking, mobile-friendly WordPress website in a few minutes. You’ll benefit from free instant setup, expert migration, and the industry-gold cPanel control panel with Softaculous.
Support: Verpex’s customer support team is well acknowledged and capable of solving most WordPress errors. They will troubleshoot issues, fix bugs, and help with managed migrations, tricky PHP issues, and all remaining WordPress questions.
Pricing: With Verpex, you can start at $0.83 per month for a shared WordPress hosting plan sufficient for one website, with 10GB bandwidth and 1GB SSD disk space, backed up with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Types of WordPress Hosting and Which Is the Right One for You?
As you can see, today’s market supplies you with a wide range of WordPress hosting services, and it’s up to you to choose. Sure, you must be confused – shared WordPress, cheap WordPress, managed WordPress, and so on. Which one should you get? Let us explain the different categories and their intended use; this way, you can make the best choice for your business.
As mentioned earlier, each type of web hosting can become WordPress hosting. The WordPress versions of shared hosting, VPS, and dedicated hosting solutions offer the same qualities as generic web hosting – the only difference is the addition of WordPress optimization.
Shared WordPress Hosting
Even though you share the server with other users, shared WP servers offer better performance than traditional shared hosting. You can expect one-click installs, automatic updates to the WordPress core, themes and plugins, and a knowledgeable support team within these plans.
Shared WordPress hosting is best suited for beginners and small businesses without significant skill or experience. With this option, the web host takes over server management and upkeep. As a customer, you will benefit from sufficient (but not excessive) resources and a user-friendly control panel. The best part is that shared WP hosting is the most affordable option.
However, the downside of shared WP hosting is that you can face security risks and cross-contamination from other websites on the same shared server. Your site can also suffer from downtime during server maintenance, and you will have no control over the server specs. So, if you go for this option, it’s imperative to choose a quality web host that properly configures the shared environment to protect its customers on the same server.
VPS WordPress Hosting
Like shared hosting, with VPS WordPress hosting, you would once again share the server with other users. However, in this case, the web host utilizes a virtualization technology or cloud hosting to divide one physical server into multiple virtual units. In turn, you will get dedicated resources, such as CPU, RAM, or Bandwidth, at an affordable price.
On the good side, other users cannot pull your resources. Instead, each of you gets your personal virtual space. So, you can benefit from a share of allocated resources and self-contained software with an OS, mimicking a dedicated server with more flexibility.
Simply put, VPS WordPress hosting falls somewhere in between shared and dedicated WP solutions – you get the best of both worlds; reserved resources at an affordable price. It’s the perfect choice for SMBs and websites with medium to high traffic. It can also work for eCommerce stores, depending on the provider.
Still, VPS WordPress hosting can be a bit expensive. Also, if you are an enterprise in need of control over the hardware, a VPS will not be sufficient (a dedicated server is the better alternative in this regard).
Dedicated (VDS) WordPress Hosting
A dedicated WordPress hosting solution will store only your files and data. As the website owner, you will receive complete control over the server. You can optimize and configure the server to your liking without having to accommodate anyone else’s needs. You will get the ultimate freedom, better security for your site, unlimited bandwidth, and reserved resources.
Simply put, you won’t compete with neighboring sites for anything. Dedicated servers offer the best potential, performance, and speed, and due to this, they are the most expensive hosting alternatives.
Furthermore, dedicated WordPress servers also mean greater responsibility. You will have to take care of the server environment, including the operating system, IT solutions, maintenance, updates, etc. So, you will have to devote time and resources. After all, you cannot expect support for the simplest tasks, such as regular server scans and patches, when you are utilizing this advanced solution.
So, dedicated WordPress hosting is the best choice for enterprises and websites with high traffic, in-house development teams with skill and experience to make the most of the available resources.
Managed WordPress Hosting
Usually, providers utilize dedicated servers for managed WordPress hosting. However, you can also find this solution on VPS, cloud hosting, or even shared server environments – so it’s a unique offer.
The web hosting company, in this case, takes over all server optimization and maintenance responsibilities, meaning they handle all technical aspects, including backups, speed, uptime, security, and updates.
With this option, you would leave the “heavy-lifting” to professionals with extensive experience to control the server. In turn, you can expect a stable website, lightning-fast loading speeds, incredible security, staging sites, and dedicated support.
On the downside, managed WordPress hosting might impose some plugin restrictions. It’s also more expensive compared to shared WP hosting.
Managed WordPress hosting is the best choice for teams without advanced IT knowledge and skills or websites coping with high traffic levels and extensive data.
What Are The Requirements For A WordPress Server?
While some of the biggest brands use WordPress and know what they should be looking for, you might be experiencing some difficulty in this regard. So, let’s review what requirements should each WordPress server satisfy at a minimum.
First, WordPress recommended hosts offer PHP version 7.4 or greater, MySQL version 5.7 or greater/MariaDB version 10.2 or greater, and HTTPS support. In addition, the CMS recommends getting a web host that supports Apache or Nginx as the most robust and featureful server for running WordPress. Still, keep in mind that any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do.
It would be best if you also dedicated special attention to the security features of the WordPress hosting provider. If the web host runs PHP apps, such as WordPress, on your account’s username instead of the server’s default shared username, we are speaking of better security. Ensure you check the entire offer to protect your site from any malicious activities on time. Finally, it would be best to get 1 GB or more disk space, at least 512 MB RAM, and a 1.0GHz+ processor.
And if you are just starting– you shouldn’t worry much. Reputable WordPress hosting companies clearly state their offerings to be understandable to beginners and professionals. You can check how many websites a specific WP plan is sufficient for, the amount of bandwidth, storage, and so on.
What To Look At To Find Your Best WordPress Web Hosting?
You got up here; now you are on to the purchase. So, the only question left is, what should you look for in a quality WordPress web hosting for your business? We’re here to help – here are the key traits you should look for in the best WordPress hosting:
- Type of WordPress Hosting: First things first, you must establish what you need for your business. Sure, you are getting WordPress-specific hosting, but you can go in any direction – including shared, VPS, or dedicated environment. Do you need managed support as well? Scroll up to our thorough explanations and recommended uses of each to be able to choose the best WP hosting type for your site.
- An Uptime Guarantee: It’s a must – regardless of what anyone says. The WordPress web hosting company should be able to keep your site online at all times. If you experience downtime, you can lose a lot of visitors, SEO ranking, sales and face lower customer satisfaction. It would be best to get a provider with at least 99.95% guaranteed uptime – the closer to 100%, the better.
- Blazing Speed: WordPress optimization by itself should boost your website performance. Nowadays, people want things, and they want them fast. Your visitors will leave your site if it takes over two seconds to load. On the good side, you can easily test a WP provider’s speed. At this point, you should look for a well-established data center network, along with features such as SSD drives, Apache or Nginx servers, caching, and Cloudflare CDN.Note: You want to be able to choose a server location that’s close to your target market’s geographical location to cater to their needs better – this reduces latency, thus improving speed and customer satisfaction.
- WP-Specific Security: You put up a lot of effort to build your site and publish great content to drive high traffic. It would be terrible to lose all the hard work because of a hack or DDoS attack. Ensure that the hosting provider supports a variety of WordPress security hardening technologies, including 2-Factor Authentication (2FA), Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), Secure Shell (SSH), activity log, and the dedicated firewall. Also, keep in mind that the best hosting for WordPress offers SSL certificates, the DDoS protection system, and the malware removal tool. Besides, look for backup solutions and the site cleanup feature, which are very important for restoring your website in the case of a security breach.
- Traffic Volume: You should also consider how much traffic your website gets when estimating your needs. Say you have 5,000 monthly visitors. You don’t want to be paying for 20,000 because you will spend your money and won’t get anything extra in return. At the same time, you don’t want to get a WP plan optimized for 2,000 visitors per month because it’s not sufficient – it will harm your performance, speed, and SEO rankings. Match your needs with the WP hosting provider’s offer, and you will be good to go.
- Bandwidth and Disk Space Limits: The same applies to your site storage, bandwidth, and any other resource in this regard. A good WP hosting company will be fully transparent in this regard. You should check how many websites the plan supports, what kind of files you can post, how fast the transfer is, how much you can transfer, and so on.
- Scalability Options: You chose the plan sufficient for your needs. But what happens when these needs increase – you might get more traffic or start posting more, so you need more storage or bandwidth? Whatever the case, the WordPress web hosting company should support your growth. They should not allow your site to crash but handle the influx instead. The best-case scenario is getting cloud WordPress hosting as the most flexible solution to scale.
- Plugin Access: The best WordPress hosting providers allow you the freedom to use any plugin that you like – they don’t restrict you to limited tools. Also, it would help if you looked for free licenses of different plugins, including Jetpack. It will help you to save money.
- WordPress Specific Support: The support team should focus only on WordPress rather than Drupal, Magento, or any other platform type. It ensures that you get support from the real experts, who can easily recognize the difference between a potential plugin conflict, a tricky theme, or a server-level issue. Also, they will help you with plugin updates and page optimization. The support team of the best WordPress hosting provider knows the exact setting required for your website to run at optimal performance.
- Other Features: Consider what other features you are getting with the WordPress plan. Will you enjoy the ease of use with the industry-standard cPanel and one-click installs? Can you expect a free domain name/transfer, website migration, free SSL certificates, and daily backups, or would you have to pay additionally for all this? Furthermore, consider WP-specific features, such as WordPress super caching, WP CLI, automatic WP updates, and more.
- A money-back guarantee: What if everything else fails and you’ve made a mistake with your choice? Well, you should at least be able to get your money back. Always check the refund policy before committing to a web host – it’s an additional security layer that you will be so grateful you got.
Our Expert Web Tips
While all might be perfect on paper, the reality can be pretty different. Here are the top five tips from our HostAdvice experts to easily detect shady WordPress providers.
- There’s a difference between regular rates and renewal rates: While you might get a one-time discount on your WordPress hosting plan, you should check whether it applies to the renewal rate as well (usually, it doesn’t). So, what if you get a monthly plan with a 90% discount? Well, you would face quite a shock when it renews the following month – you will pay way more. At this point, you should also compare the monthly offer with the annual plans. Web hosts usually offer better deals on longer-term contracts. However, to be able to benefit from this promotion, you would have to commit to the company for a year or more.
- Read the offers carefully: Free domains, free backups, free SSL certificates, free this, and that. But is it for real? Will you get this with the cheapest WordPress hosting plan, or is it just advertising? Usually, you have to get the most expensive plan or commit a year to benefit from these free add-ons. It’s a famous marketing trick among web hosts, so you should be wary of it!
- Unlimited is always limited: There’s no way, in reality, you can get unlimited storage, bandwidth, or websites. WordPress hosting plans are stored on physical hardware, which has its limitations. So, while a company might be advertising ‘unmetered’ resources, you should read the fine print to know what you are getting. You should contact customer support to get these details upfront if not specified. While these unlimited resources are sufficient for bloggers or small websites, they are indeed insufficient for high-traffic sites and large businesses.
- Know when you need a website migration: If you switch from one WordPress hosting provider to another, you need to transfer your website. The better alternative is to find a web host to migrate it for you for free. So, when you are looking for a new company, check whether this is included in the offer or not. Not all WP providers will grant the service for free. So, if you are paying for it, you should at least ensure it’s a human-powered migration to avoid any hassles and mistakes.
- Avoid unmanaged WordPress hosting: If you don’t have the skill, time, or experience to manage your WP-optimized plan, it’s best to leave this task to professionals. Unmanaged WP hosting plans grant you complete freedom over your server – you can install any tool you want and customize the environment to your liking without any hassle (well, that’s until you know how). You also get access to a full-featured hosting control panel and more features to utilize, and the best part is, it’s much cheaper than managed solutions. However, there will be no dedicated team of experts to guide you with everything. Instead, you have to rely on yourself or a team of developers. If you aren’t in such a position, the unmanaged solution will cost you way more in terms of lousy website performance, slow speeds, and bad SEO rankings.
Best WordPress Hosting By Region
Are you serving a particular target market in a specific geographic region? I would match the server location with my customer’s location if I were you. See, when the data center/server location is closer to your audience, you will reduce load times and eliminate latency. When visitors access your website, they will get all data and content without any delays. For instance, if your audience is in Germany, get a server in Germany (or at least in the surrounding areas in Europe). In turn, if your target market is the US, get a server in the US, and so on.
Fortunately, WordPress hosting providers tend to specialize in this regard. If you don’t know which provider to choose, feel free to follow our recommendations:
- Verpex– Best WordPress Hosting In The UK
- Bluehost – Best WordPress Hosting In IndiaNote: While you might find negative reviews of worldwide customers of Bluehost, the company certainly excels in India – shown by a majority of positive reviews by real users. In other words, you can rest assured it’s the best WordPress hosting alternative for that particular region.
- Hostpapa – Best WordPress Hosting For Canada
- HostArmada - Best WordPress Hosting In Europe
- Interserver – Best WordPress Hosting In The USA
Best WordPress Hosting By Other Popular Demands
- 000Webhost - Best Free Web Hosting For WordPress
- Flywheel – Best WordPress Hosting For eCommerce
- WPEngine – Best WordPress Hosting For Agencies
- Convesio – Best WordPress Hosting For Bloggers
- HostArmada – Best WordPress Hosting For Beginners
- Webdock – Best WordPress Hosting For Developers
- Hostinger – Best WordPress Hosting For Designers & Photographers
Best WP Hosting: Final Recommendations
You can indeed “get away” with regular web hosting if you have a WordPress website. However, we honestly advise you to get a WP-optimized plan to make your site faster, easier to navigate, and more secure.
Still, you have to dedicate some time and effort to regular updates to maintain optimal performance. If you can’t do so, it’s best to go with managed WordPress hosting. This way, you can entirely rely on the web host to run your project smoothly, covering all plugin, theme, and PHP updates. But remember, this luxury comes at a price – you’ll always face a trade-off, and it’s up for you to decide.
In summary, the best WordPress hosting plan for your business will always depend on your requirements and preferences. Following the above-explained steps, tips, and recommendations, will surely put you on the right track. So, what are you waiting for? Get your WordPress-optimized plan today!