- In your Windows Server 2022, open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from the Start menu.
- The IIS manager will open up in a new window. In the right most section, Connections, you’ll be able to see your server name. Click on it. Then click on Sites
- Now from the rightmost section, Actions, click on the Add Website link. A pop up window will open.
- Under Site name, enter the domain name of your website.
- Leave the Application Pool section as it is.
- Click on the button next to the physical path button and navigate to the location of the site file. It is generally in the inetpub folder. Alternatively, you can create a new folder for this site. We’re creating a file named index.html in new directory called arvindnewsite for the sake of this tutorial.
- Then fill in the Type and IP address fields. Set the Port to 80. If you’re using a dedicated IP you can leave the Hostname field empty. Otherwise enter www.example.com, replacing exampledomain.com by the domain name for your website. Make sure the box next to Start Website Immediately is checked. And then click on the OK button.
You’ve successfully added your website to IIS. You’ll be able to see your website in the Sites section in your IIS Manager something like this:
Now you are all set to create your own website. Just make sure to host it in the folder we chose in step 6. In our case we created a new file called index.html for the sake of testing. And you’ll be able to see this when you access your website by entering your domain name.
- Looking for the best windows hosting? Click this link and check all our recommendations.