How to Build a Real Estate Website
Real estate is one of the largest industries in the world, and like almost every other industry today, the Internet plays an essential role. Whether you are a real estate agent, a home decorator, a mortgage broker, or anyone else who works in or with the real estate world, it is important to have a good website to help convey information to your clients.
While this once meant either learning complex coding, or hiring an expensive professional to make the website, that is not the case today. You can learn how to build a real estate website yourself and have it up and running much more quickly than you might imagine.
What Goes on a Real Estate Website?
One of the first things you’ll want to think about when learning how to build a real estate website is what type of content will be included. There are many options to consider, each of which offer certain advantages and disadvantages. The following are some key components to consider when planning out your site:
- Personal Information – If you will be interacting with clients on your website, it is important to include information about yourself so clients can ‘get to know you.’ This is often either done on the home page of the site, or on an ‘about us’ page.
- Images – Anyone visiting a real estate website is going to want to be able to see pictures of houses. Even if you’re not a real estate agent, it will likely be a good idea to have image galleries of the properties you work with.
- Videos – Video is more popular on the internet than ever, and with good reason. Offering ‘video walkthroughs’ and other options for your clients to view will help them to become more engaged.
- Written Content – Written content on a real estate website offers many important benefits. First, it will allow your visitors to consume the content at their own pace, and easily review it if necessary. In addition, written content is also important for search engine optimization (SEO), which is how Google and other search engines find your page and rank it in the search results.
How to Create a Real Estate Website with WordPress
Almost everyone who wants to build a real estate website is going to want to use the WordPress platform.
WordPress is the ‘engine’ that powers the majority of websites today. It is extremely user friendly and makes building a website faster and easier than ever. If you can use a web browser, you will be able to easily navigate and use WordPress.
WordPress provides an interface where you can add new pages, upload images, design how the page should look, and much more. There are also thousands of ‘Plug-Ins’ that can add additional functionality to your page to help keep visitors engaged. Most of these plug-ins and other features are available for free, which is great for those who want to keep their expenses low.
Build a Real Estate Website for Free
When you want to learn how to create a real estate website, you will likely want to keep your costs as low as possible.
While there are times where it is necessary to pay for certain components of a website, that is not the case for those who are just getting started. WordPress, for example, is 100% free to use to create a website.
In addition, there are thousands of high-quality templates (many designed specifically for real estate sites) that can be used.
Finally, you can find some web hosting companies that offer free hosting options for entry level sites, which is likely all you’ll need when starting out. Looking for small business hosting that will allow you to get up and running for free (and then upgrade to a good paid option when the time is right) is one of the most important parts of building a real estate website for free.
No matter why you want to build a real estate website, you will be able to accomplish this goal quickly, easily, and affordably when you use WordPress and a good user-friendly hosting platform for small businesses.
- Looking for free hosting options? Click here and know about the different best free hosting.