Should I Really Consider These Web Hosts as the Best Reseller Hosting Providers of 2021?
HostAdvice’s AI technology has analyzed thousands of web hosts dynamically and sorted out the top reseller's list, based on several key factors:
- User reseller's reviews
- White labeling
- Control panel
- Reseller support
- Flexible plans
- Establishment date
- Other secret ingredients you can ask us about :-)
The best hosting reseller should have all of these. Reselling web hosting services can be a lucrative venture if it’s done the right way. It’s essential to pick up the best reseller hosting provider, which offers generous disk space, a high uptime rate, and unlimited MySQL databases.
There are thousands of providers to help you become a hosting reseller. Not sure which one to go with? Don’t worry. HostAdvice’s AI technology has waded through all the web hosts and picked up the best reseller hosting providers of 2021 just for you. There are also plenty of cheap reseller web hosting providers out there if you are on a budget.
Since we made our AI do the heavy lifting for us, we can just sit back, relax and tell you what it found, and we would advise you to do the same. With that being said, here is a list of the best reseller hosting companies.
How Reseller Hosting Works
Okay so I’m going to attempt to make this as easy for you as possible, so follow along closely and you should be golden.
The first thing you need to do is either research for the best hosting company yourself, or simply check out our list of the best reseller hosting providers and pick one out of the specifically selected options out there. Now, you need to purchase the reseller package that links up with your specific goals, and what you want to achieve for your business.
Next, you need to analyze and understand your market in order to locate your new potential customers. What I would do in your case here is create my own branded hosting packages, something unique, interesting, and at different price points, so just about anyone can afford them, and the people who are truly prepared to pay can get a lot out of them.
This means that you will now have to decide on the price range of each and every option out there, will the beginner package start at $5, $10, $15, and how much will the highest package cost. It is up to you to figure this out, and the best indicator for this will, without a doubt, be your very own budget as well as expectations for the project in question.
Now comes the fun part, selling these packages to your clients for a profit. Figure out your target audience here and try to contact them through as many tunnels as possible.
Can I Really Make Money with Reseller Hosting?
Absolutely! You can make money being a hosting reseller. Let’s say you order a Reseller Hosting account that costs $20/month. If it allows you to host 40 clients, your cost for each customer is only $0.50.
By charging each of the 40 clients $11/month, you can earn a revenue of $440 (40 x $11 = 440). If you subtract the reseller account cost, which is $20/month, your monthly profit will be $380. If you have a higher number of clients, you can earn a huge profit every month by simply reselling hosting services. I mean yeah, sure, realistically speaking you will not sell all of your slots, but even if you manage to get a few you are in the green, so what is the harm here?
Furthermore, reselling hosting requires minimal investment. Unlike the typical hosting business, you don’t have to invest in infrastructure, data centers, and maintenance. The parent hosting company will deal with everything. You just need to get a plan from a reseller hosting provider to start your own business.
Overall, reseller hosting enables you to make money without worrying about expensive investments. It is the biggest selling point, even if you are lazy since you would essentially be required to do the bare minimum.
The benefits of reseller hosting include the fact that you get to act as a hosting company and make money through hosting and creating websites.
The typical web hosting reseller might be a web design firm, web developer, or systems integrator who offers web hosting as an add-on service. Reseller hosting is also an inexpensive way for web hosting entrepreneurs to start a company.
You can easily make profits due to this, and you can even design your own hosting plans and packages that are tailored towards your own business and your own clients.
Host and bill your customers through the usage of your own unique brand, and create independent cPanel control panels for each of your clients. You can also save money with the low initial start-up costs associated with the reseller hosting providers, and upgrade as you gain more clients.
What Are the Biggest Challenges That I Will Face While Running My Own Reseller Hosting Business?
Running a reseller hosting business can be profitable if it’s done the right way. However, there are several risks that you should know before getting into the landscape:
- Time and Dedication Required for Customer Support: You will need to dedicate a lot of time to help your customers with support inquiries. Not putting up a good effort to answer client’s questions effectively can ruin your business.
How to Overcome the Challenge: You should pick up a parent hosting company that offers customer support with their reseller packages. The provider will deal with all the support requests. In addition, you can supplement the support of the original hosting company with your own team.
- Parent Hosting Company Could Affect My Business: As a reseller, you are fully dependent on the original hosting provider for the success of your business. If the server goes down or technical issues arise frequently, you will lose customers in no time.
How to Overcome the Challenge: You must pick up a reseller hosting provider that offers a high uptime guarantee. Make sure that the uptime commitment is at least 99.95%. You should never go below it.
- Changing Original Hosting Might Affect My Customers: If you decide to change the parent hosting company, you will be required to shift all of your client’s data. It can be very challenging. If something goes wrong, your customers will be affected.
How to Overcome the Challenge: You can solve the issue by getting Dedicated Server or VPS. However, it will be pricey.
- WHM and cPanel: WHM gives you administrative access to the back-end of cPanel. It helps you create hosting packages and individual hosting accounts for your customers conveniently. On the other hand, cPanel enables you to give your clients access to manage their hosting plans.
- Unlimited Resources: Reseller hosting provides unlimited resources, including unmetered bandwidth and disk space, which help your customers’ websites to withstand heavy traffic. Also, it offers unlimited domains/subdomains. Therefore, you can act as a one-stop-shop where clients can register domains and get the websites off the ground.
- Free SSL Certificates: Some packages offer free SSL certificates powered with Let’s Encrypt. You can offer them to your customers using a one-click install from the control panel. By providing free SSL certificates to the clients, you can have a competitive edge in the market.
- One-Click Installers: Reseller hosting supports a variety of one-click installers, like Softaculous and Fantastico. They enable your customers to install hundreds of applications, including WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, with just a single click. They can make the lives of your clients a lot easier.
- White Labelling: Reseller hosting is white labeled. So, you can rebrand and customize your reseller hosting account with your business logo. You can even brand the cPanel logo for your customers with your own one. As a result, you can bill your clients under your company name without revealing the parent hosting provider.
- Second-Line Customer Support: As a hosting reseller, you have to provide first-line support to your clients. But sometimes, you might struggle to fix the issue because of not getting sufficient server access for performing the investigation. Here is when the parent hosting provider will step in to offer second-line support. If the white label provision is extended to the support offering, you will never have to worry about getting the identity of the original hosting company being revealed.
Which Type of Reseller Hosting Is Best for My Business?
If your business focuses on budget-minded customers, shared reseller hosting will be the right choice for you. It enables you to offer hosting solutions at the cheapest rate. But the performance isn’t always great.
If your clients need flexibility and faster performance without breaking the bank, you should strongly consider VPS. It’s a great option for white label resellers. It will be pricier than shared hosting, but it is still a good value. The best way to figure out what is right for you is to see a reseller hosting comparison.
If you have a high volume of clients who emphasize top-notch performance, Dedicated reseller hosting will be the right choice for your business. It will allow you to provide more resources, including RAM and bandwidth, to the customers. However, if you are managing just a dozen of sites, it will not be suitable for your business due to the expensive price range. In some cases, even a cheap web hosting reseller might be right for you.
What the Reseller Package Typically Includes
When you decide to opt-in for the reseller package, this will typically include disk space, bandwidth, domain hosting, ability to brand your own hosting company, while the hosting provider remains unknown to your client, cPanel control panel implementation, and premium support.
You are essentially getting a lot by the package itself, and even if you manage to only sell it to a handful of clients, the chances are high that you can at least come even on your investment, however, if you are good at sales, the chances are high that you will actually end up profiting out of this.
Your provider will handle all of the back-end things that go along with hosting servers, so you do not even have to know a lot about servers to begin this process. Server hardware, connectivity, network infrastructure, maintenance, and security updates will all be handled by the web hosting provider.
The Final Word – Our Recommended Parameters for Selecting the Best Reseller Hosting
Billing and Client Management
When it comes to billing as well as client management, what you will essentially be doing is taking orders and processing them, invoicing and charging your customers, register and transfer or renew domain names for your customers, manage their subscription by creating, suspending or un-suspending and even terminating accounts and enabling support.
Now, this might seem a bit intimidating to do, especially if you are a beginner and new to this, however, what if I told you that there are actually a lot of web hosting client management systems out there that are available, some of which are even free, that can fully manage this for you, automatically?
These are all specifically created to manage and complete these tasks, and the best ones are:
And out of all of these, I’d highly recommend using WHMCS due to the fact that it has a rich history of being one of the most reliable options out there and the company behind it is constantly innovating. Even cPanel purchased a stake in the company which means that they have a solid partnership ahead of them.
Reseller-Specific Security Features
The ability to offer SSL certificates to all of your clients, which encrypts their websites and makes it difficult for hackers to be able to intercept and collect data that they can use to compromise the website. It also helps in improving SEO rankings and even conversion rates.
Providing a content delivery network such as CloudFlare is an efficient way to offload requests from your server, as well as reduce the attack vectors on your server. Cloudflare as well as some of the competing CDNs out there offer amazing partnership programs as well as paid tiers of service with additional security features, including TLS-only mode, enterprise-level DDoS mitigation, and even web application firewalls.
ModSecurity is also an option, as this is an open-source web application firewall that is supported by many web servers. It protects websites against cross-website scripting, bad user agents, SQL injections, session jacking, trojans, and other types of common exploits.
The main reason why you would need solid support when it comes to reselling hosting services is due to the fact that you are not physically controlling any of the servers, but virtually. This means that if things go wrong, you have to call the support team and tell them that your server is not working. If your clients also run into some issues that cannot be easily resolved, it is your responsibility to help them, and if you cannot, you have to know that someone has your back.