Do These Python Hosting Providers Truly Hook Me Up With What I Need?
Suppose you are running a Python-based website and web application. In that case, you might need to look at Python-specific web hosting providers to ensure that you have the highest level of performance and availability.
There are many options out there, so you will need to consider factors such as the price, the uptime, the customer support, the policy of modules, and the support in terms of specific processes. You will also need to check the version of the interpreter that they offer.
To help you narrow down your choice, HostAdvice experts have reviewed as well as compiled the list of the best Python web server hosting services, so you won’t have to spend too much time deciding which one to pick. You can pick any of the options listed here, and the chances are high that you will have quite a solid experience.
Nevertheless, knowing what to look for will allow you to pick the best possible option when it comes to picking the right Python server hosting provider, so let us dive deep into Python web hosting and see what you will need. So if you are curious as to exactly how to host a Python website through a specialized Python hosting provider, this is the perfect guide for you.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Web Hosting Python Services:
- Framework Support
- Modules Support
- Persistent Processing
- Dedicated Server Maintenance
- Python Versions That Are Supported List
- 1-Click Auto-Installer Scripts
- Root Access
- Support for HTTP and MIME out of The Box
I hear You, But Like, Who Is Python Hosting Actually Meant For?
For People Who Are Building a Website in Python – if you are planning to, or already running your website or web app that is written in Python, it is important that you seek out a web hosting solution that specializes in this technology. As a primary server-side scripting language, Python requires the servers that it is interacting with to have a Python interpreter in order to load all of the applications when the users request them. If the hosting provider does not specialize in Python, you will need to ensure that the interpreter matches Python’s specific version.
People Who Require a Lot of Processing Power – Python by itself is a resource-heavy programming language. In fact, in order to protect the pooled resources of shared plans, many host Python plans will tend to only offer you cloud, VPS Hosting, or dedicated server options. These plans, by default, come with a higher price tag associated with them. However, they provide you with the ability to run any Python script without worrying that you might unintentionally take down, or decelerate a server that you are sharing with others. Your website or app might lag as well, assuming it does not have the resources that it needs available to it, at the time that it needs them. This is why shared hosting plans are not recommended.
People Who Prefer Pay-per-Usage Schemes – There are certain hosting providers out there that provide you with a pay-per-usage option, which means that you will end up paying what your server actually ends up using in terms of resources. For example, in traditional hosting providers, you’d pay a fixed sum for fixed resources, and if you use only 20% or 30% of those resources, you would not receive a discount or get any money back. Through this scheme, you will only ever pay for what you are actually using.
People Who Love to Program in Python – A hosting provider that specializes in Python will provide you with a wide array of Python coding frameworks, such as Django, Web2Py, and Pylon to name a few. This means that you are not limited as to exactly what you can do, and you will not need to side-load anything by yourself.
But Wait a Moment, What Will I Actually Get Through Picking Python Web Hosting Over Anything Else Out There?
- A Pre-Configured Python Software Environment – When you opt-in to use Python hosting, you will not need to waste any time when it comes to installing software on your server, or setting things up through a different web application framework. The Python host you end up picking, assuming it specializes in Python, will set things up for you which will allow you to dive into your coding with ease. This will save you a lot of time and energy and is one of the main benefits of going this route.
- Access To The Resources You Need – As mentioned, no matter what kind of website or app you will use, you will need a lot more resources than the ones that are available in most shared hosting plans. As such, you need to ensure that you are using a web hosting provider that will allow you to scale things up, and increase your RAM, CPU, SSD Storage, and Bandwidth with ease.
- An Optimized Server for the Python Version You decide to run – Python host will tend to offer multiple versions of Python that are supported, as well as have the most up-to-date modules available to you so you can ensure that your script runs the way you intend it to. Hosting providers that do not specialize in Python could be lacking in this department.
Cutting the “Fat”, What You’ll Actually Need to Search For At Python Hosting Service Providers
Does the Server Allow For Fast Page Load Speeds? – Python can slow things down, as it is a resource-heavy programming language, and you do not want to slow it down further through any unrelated server issues. This is why you need to ensure that the web hosting service provider you end up picking will utilize tools that can speed up the load times, and an example for this would be a CDN, as well as provide you with the choice of multiple data centers as well as caching features.
Which Python Versions Are Available For You to Run? – There are multiple versions of Python that developers are utilizing on a worldwide scale. Obviously, not everyone will always upgrade to the latest version, and as such, you need to ensure that the web hosting provider you end up picking can support each of these versions with ease.
How Many Python Application Frameworks Does It Support? – There are multiple Python frameworks, and each of them works differently, depending on the scale of the project itself. You will need to analyze and see if you will need a micro framework or a full-stack framework, and ensure that the hosting provider you end up picking supports your needs.
Does the Support Team Know How to Assist You With Python Webhosting? – If you are going to pick a hosting provider that specializes in Python, you need to ensure that the support team understands how Python works as well, so they can support you and actually answer all of the questions you have, as well as help you resolve any of the issues that you end up running into.