Should I Really Consider These Offshore Hosts as the Best Hosting Providers of 2021?
There are a lot of reasons why you might feel the need to offshore your web hosting. These can range from avoiding censorship to remaining fully anonymous.
Not all of the hosts out there will offer you the kind of privacy and freedom you might want, and as such, when considering the perfect offshore hosting provider, you need to ensure that you are getting everything you need.
Keep in mind that the best offshore hosting providers out there will feature a commitment to privacy and even have liberal use policies.
In modern cases, they might even accept cryptocurrencies as a payment option that further increases the level of anonymity from your end. You might also want to consider hosting providers in countries that have strong privacy laws.
Finally, remember that you can even gain access to a lot more technical options that can increase your privacy even further through getting a VPS.
Offshore hosting refers to the servers that are located outside the country of residence of the owner of an online business.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Offshore Hosting Providers:
- Independence of cyber laws
- High level of support
- Affordable pricing
- Double back-ups
- Foreign database for back-ups
- Uptime and load times
- Security and anonymity features
- Bandwidth and storage
Who Offshore Hosting Is For:
- For individuals living in countries where they are censored in some ways
- Those who want to promote things that are forbidden or banned in their home country
- For people who are looking for an added level of freedom
- For those who are anonymity-centric and want a higher level of privacy
Our Advice For Picking Your Next Offshore Hosting Provider
When considering offshore hosting, there are a few things you need to consider in order to get the best possible outcome. Many of you will probably be using this as the first hosting option out there due to your specific goal, which might be restricted in your region, or as a simple way of getting a hosting provider at a reduced cost, so knowing what to look for is essential.
- Anonymity Features – You need to find an offshore hosting provider that does not require your verification nor ask for your personal details. There’s even a chance that you have the chance to pay with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies which offer a higher level of privacy.
- Affordability – Another reason as to why you might want to get offshore hosting is due to the fact that many of the offshore data centers are located in countries where there is little to no tax on digital products, and as such, they can offer their services at a much-reduced price.
- Flexibility – You want to find a hosting provider out there that will offer you flexible plans. This means that you need to have the option of shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting, and it’s ideal to choose a hosting platform that offers all this in house. That way, you can upgrade and upscale your hosting per your specific requirements.
- Uptime and Reliability – Offshore hosting providers do have a bit of a reputation for their slower response times and lower reliability; however, if you make the right choice, you shouldn’t really have to deal with any of these issues.
- Support Team – This is highly important, as you cannot physically go there and resolve the servers if things ever go wrong. Since it is an offshore server, you ideally want the provider to have a knowledgeable support team that can assist you in any way to get the best overall experience.
Picking the Perfect Offshore Hosting Provider for Your Needs
Before choosing offshore hosting, you need to do a bit of research first. Always read the privacy-related documents as they cover all of the major rules as well as regulations that require providers to protect a user’s personal details.
We would also highly recommend that you purchase a plan for a single month and run some stress tests before deciding if you want to stay attached to that hosting provider for prolonged periods.
The last thing you want is to commit to a service that does not really live up to your expectations. You also need to chat with the support team and see how they respond and how knowledgeable they are, but most importantly, you want to choose the right server for your specific needs.
Make sure to check out both our user reviews and expert reviews to get an in-depth look at the real-world experience of using offshore hosting.