Last Update | May 2022
Monthly Update – May 2022
|Hosting Plans||Shared Hosting; WordPress Hosting; VPS Hosting; Reseller Hosting; Dedicated Hosting|
|Top Features||Unlimited Email Accounts and Transfers; Easy cPanel Control Panel; Free SSL Certificate; Up To 20X Faster Turbo; Guru Crew Support; Free Account Migration; Money-Back Guarantee; 99.9% Uptime Commitment|
|Customer Support||24/7/365 Phone, Live Chat & Email Support; FAQ|
During May, A2 Hosting:
- Continued its Spring Sale of up to 60% off on all plans.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on Sectigo SSL, network maintenance on its Michigan datacenter
- Had a network interruption on its Michigan datacenter, network maintenance on its Michigan datacenter
- Experienced degraded performance on its Sectigo SSL Certificates, performed scheduled maintenance on its ssdman44, a2ss34 and a2ls5 servers
- Had a service interruption on its ssdman45 server
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its mi3-sr27 and a2s87 servers
- Experienced a service interruption on its mi3-sr7 server
- Experienced a phone system interruption
- Performed scheduled maintenance on mi3-sr9.supercp.com
- Experienced a service interruption on its az1-ts5 server
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its ssdman45 server
- Experienced a service interruption on its a2ss45, a2ls24, and SSDMAN55 servers
- Performed network maintenance on its Arizona datacenter
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its a2ss35, a2ls18, a2s87, and a2ls3 servers
- Performed network maintenance on its Arizona datacenter
- Experienced a service interruption on its ticket system
- Performed network maintenance on its Arizona datacenter
- Performed scheduled maintenance on Sectigo SSL
- Experienced issues with mail sending experienced a MySQL interruption on its sg1-tr3 server
- performed scheduled maintenance on its Live Chat
- Experienced a network interruption on its Michigan datacenter
- Network maintenance on its Michigan datacenter
- Performed scheduled maintenance on a2ss45.a2hosting.com
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its nlss2 server
- Experienced a service interruption on its mi3-lr11 server
- Network maintenance on its Michigan datacenter
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its a2ls29 server
- Experienced a service interruption on its nlss2 server.
A2 Hosting is one of the oldest hosting providers. The company started in 2001 under a different name, and in 2003 the name was officially changed to A2 Hosting. Bryan Muthing founded A2 Hostings in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and his mission was to help people thrive on the internet by providing them high-quality service with blazing speed.
In two decades, A2 Hostings has used its strong technical background and passion for building a global hosting company that will accommodate people’s needs and helps them get success online. The company now has 120,000 active services and more than 110,000 people using its products in more than 223 countries.
Is A2 Hosting The Right Host For You?
There probably isn’t a person in this business that hasn’t tried an A2 Hosting service. They have been on the market for 20 years, and they’re one of the most popular hosting providers and one of the best WordPress hosting on our list. Getting an opportunity to do an A2 Hosting review made my day because I’ve already worked with the company, and the experience was excellent.
A2 Hostings offer top-quality features for a pretty affordable price, and the best part is that they promise blazing speed. The reality is that you can’t have a successful online business without a super fast hosting provider.
With my previous experience and entering this research with an open mind, I’ll do my best to help you decide whether this hosting provider is the right choice for you.
Here Is How We Review:
- When we do an expert review, the first thing we do is purchase a web hosting plan. We often purchase the most affordable plan because it contains all the basic and essential features that show us what the hosting provider offers.
- We monitor the site’s performance, uptime, and page load speed to do a great review. These three things can sometimes be crucial when people decide which hosting provider to purchase—our team of professionals monitors and tests the performance and speed to give you unbiased information.
- We focus on analyzing the good and the bad features offered by the hosting provider, is the price affordable and fair for the service you’ll be getting; and whether the customer support is fast in responding to your requests?
- After thoroughly analyzing every feature of the hosting provider, we publish the written expert review and continually update it throughout the year.
- We always consider the customer, and we always use their customer reviews when giving the final score of the hosting provider.
Pros and Cons
- Turbo server option for up to 20x faster speed
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Unlimited storage
- cPanel interface
- Free website migration included
- Optimized for WordPress environment
- Attracts SEO tools
- Optimized software for Drupal, WordPress
- Anytime money-back guarantee
- Excellent 24/7 customer support provided by the Guru crew
- Domain name is not free
- Restrictions on the cheaper plans (it lacks unlimited storage and free automatic backup)
- Higher renewal prices
|Parameter||Score||Why did we give this score?|
|9.8||Most A2 Hosting services and products are user-friendly. Users get a cPanel integration, self-help articles/videos, and instant chat support available for assistance. Account activation is instant. I gave them this score because the provider is easily manageable and allows either 1-click installs or automated or manual processes.|
|Support||9.8||A2 Hostings offers multilingual live support 24/7/365, instant support through phone, email, and a one-hour response ticketing system. They get this high score for support because the customer support agents are polite, patient, reliable, and solution-oriented.|
|Features||9.7||The hosting company has cPanel with Softaculous, 1-click installs, DNS, CMS integrations, SSL certificate, free A2 website builder, free migrations, and many more incredible features. They got a score of 9.7 because they have limited plans for Windows hosting.|
|Reliability||9.7||A2 Hosting operates on Linux, and each plan is hosted on a blazing fast SwiftServer platform. They have excellent uptime of 99.9%. The company also has four data centers and a CDN included.|
|Pricing||8.9||They got an 8.9 score for pricing because they aren’t the most affordable hosting provider. Although their prices aren’t sky-high, they lost a few points because their renewal prices are higher than the purchasing price. In general, they are pretty pricier than the competition.|
|Overall Score||9.6||A2 Hosting is one of the oldest and best hosting providers on the market. Although it offers various hosting services, cPanel with Softaculous, many great features, and 24/7 live support, there’s also room for improvement.|
A2 Hosting Prices & Plans – 2022
Being in the business for so long, A2 Hosting hosting provider has worked hard to provide many different services with quality features to their users. They offer Shared Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, VPS Web Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and Reseller Hosting.
They’re not oriented to only providing hosting services; they also provide other quality products and services: Domains, A2 SiteBuilder, Email Hosting, Turbo Web Hosting, and A2 Optimized Web Hosting.
Each hosting service offers a wide variety of plans with different features and prices.
Shared Web Hosting has four available plans:
- StartUp– this plan is an excellent start for a single site. It contains one website and 100GB SSD storage and can be purchased for $10.99/month. The exact price applies to the renewal.
- Drive– if you need a plan that allows unlimited websites and twice more resources, this is the best choice. This plan will cost you $12.99/month. The renewal will also cost you $12.99/month.
- Turbo Boost: to get turbo servers and more power will cost you $15.99/month or $20.99 for renewal. This plan also offers unlimited NVMe SSD storage and free automatic backups.
- Turbo Max: this is the fastest shared server plan that can be purchased for $22.09/month and $25.99 for renewal. You will be getting lightning-fast speed and five times more resources.
If you’re interested in WordPress hosting, there are four available plans:
- Run: this plan is perfect for WordPress beginners and hobbyists. The plan costs $11.99/month. The exact price applies to the renewal.
- Jump: if you’re a professional who needs easy management for your sites, this is the right plan. This plan can be yours for $18.99/month or $33.99/month for renewal. The plan includes Jectpack’s Daily Backups License and 250GB of NVMe performance storage.
- Fly: This plan is ideal for experienced web professionals and developers who host many sites for themselves and their customers. This plan costs $28.99/month and $48.99/month for renewal, and it will provide fast Hosting for all your sites.
- Sell: to make your site WooCommerce and eCommerce ready, purchase the Sell plan for $41.99/month and $61.99/month for renewal. This plan is ideal for buying and selling.
A2 Hosting offers Managed VPS and Unmanaged VPS. There are 6 Managed VPS available for purchase, and all of them include a free SSL certificate, free site migration, free Cloudflare CDN, and ultra-reliable hosting plans. The most affordable plan is LIFT 4, and it will cost you $49.99/month or $69.99 for renewal, while the most expensive is TURBO MACH 32, which can be yours for $145.99/month or $239.99 for renewal.
There are also six Unmanaged VPS plans available. The most affordable RUNWAY 1 can be purchased for $6.99/month or $8.99 for renewal, and the most expensive is called SUPERSONIC 32, and it costs $114.99/month or $139.99 for renewal. These plans will help you self-configure your custom server.
The Dedicated Hosting Service also offers unmanaged and managed options.
The Unmanaged Dedicated Hosting has seven plans available that are excellent if you’re a developer that’s comfortable developing with the command line. The prices start from $149.99/month and $199.99 for renewal, up to $579.99/month or $699.99 for renewal.
If your website needs a lot of resources but you don’t want to deal with anything that’s host-related, you can choose one of the seven A2 Hosting Managed Dedicated plans. All plans contain state-of-the-art dedicated servers, and you can purchase the cheapest plan for $199.99/month or $249.99/month for renewal. The most expensive managed dedicating plan is WARP 3 TURBO AMD and can be purchased for $629.99/month or $749.99 /month for renewal.
Reseller hosting is the ideal option for people who want to make money as a reseller. You have eight available Reseller plans. All the plans have a WHM, cPanel Control Panel, Blesta Billing system, and free SSL certificates. The most affordable plan is Kickstart, and you can purchase it for $34.99/month. The renewal price is the same as the purchasing price.
Turbo Scale is the most expensive, but it offers up to 20 times faster turbo servers and 270GB NVMe. This plan will cost you $45.99/month or $119.99 for renewal.
Now, let’s quickly check on A2 Hosting’s other available products and services.
A2 Hosting hosting provider enables you to buy and transfer domains quickly. You can easily register your domain, transfer your existing domain to A2 Hosting, register a new domain, forward email and get the most popular software to power your website.
With the A2 Site Builder, you can quickly build your website. You have four plans available that will help you create the website of your dreams. The most affordable plan is Startup, and it can be purchased for $10.99/month. You will be allowed to build one website and have 100GB of SSD storage. The most expensive plan costs $22.09/month, called Turbo Max. For that price, you will be able to build an unlimited number of websites and have unlimited NVMe SSD Storage.
If you’re interested in email Hosting or hosting your email application, you can use one of the Managed or Unmanaged VPS or Dedicated Servers.
The Turbo Web Hosting plans are built for speed. They have upgraded server hardware, advanced caching software, and a variety of performance add-ons to give you the fastest hosting experience. The Turbo option is available with two Shared web hosting plans, all four Managed WordPress plans, three Managed VPS Hosting plans, and three Managed Dedicated Hosting plans.
Lastly, the A2 Optimizer is specially designed to quickly speed up and secure your website by installing several well-known optimizations with a few clicks.
Features and Benefits
You can’t do a proper A2 Hosting review without mentioning all the features and benefits available for users upon purchasing.
A2 Hosting has always been dedicated to providing its clients with the most updated development software. All their services have PHP compatibility and PHPNG, the basis for the newest PHP versions. The company uses some of the most high-level programming languages, such as Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.2. They also provide you with the best web server software, Apache 2.2. All shared hosting accounts have access to the Linux MySQL database and PostgreSQL.
A2 Hosting hosting works perfectly with all major CMS. They enable you to easily install OpenCart, Joomla, Magento, or WordPRess with only a few clicks. It also includes performance-enhancing plugins that make the CMS faster.
The company currently has four data centers located in Michigan (USA), Arizona (USA), Amsterdam (Europe), and Singapore (Asia). The closer your server is to your audience, the faster your site’s speed will be. A2 Hosting data centers equipment is ultra-reliable, high-powered, and monitored 24/7/365.
Being in the business for 20 years, this incredible hosting provider managed to provide more than 120.000 active services. Their hosting services are available in more than 223 countries around the globe, and more than 110.000 are using their services and products.
While doing this A2 Hosting review, I quickly understood that security is A2 Hosting top priority. Many customer reviews showed that their security methods are top-notch. The hosting provider provides free Let’s Encrypt SSL encryption and protection against DDoS and Brute Force attacks. The Dual Hosting Firewall will block unauthorized users, and the Server Hardening strengthens network settings and tightens access control to increase the server’s security. The hosting provider also allows you to set up a 2-factor authentication workflow to access your account, making the login process extra secure.
Suppose you’re willing to pay some extra money. In that case, you can get the Sucuri Website Monitoring, which will enable you to receive scans and alerts, website application firewall protection, and prevention of hackers.
The hosting provider creates an automatic backup of your site. All their plans offer to keep a copy of the last seven days. There’s also an option for manual, automatic backups, cPanel backups, and MySQL database backups. You’ll also be able to backup your data automatically to Google Drive storage or Amazon S3 cloud storage.
If you have a simple website or run an online store, having an email is essential. Each available hosting plan comes with free email and unlimited email addresses that you can connect with your domain. If you purchase any plan, you can get email spam protection, webmail software that features pre-installed Horde, Squirrelmail, RoundCube, Email forwarders, and Auto-responders.
Every Shared Hosting plan contains a free A2 SiteBuilder that will help you build your website as fast as possible. The website builder has incredible features: template selector and customizer, an easy-to-use text editor, contact and sign-up forms, blogs, customized images, and add picture gallery. This website builder is an easy and quick way to get your website up and running.
* Click here to explore more about the best website builders
You can easily migrate your site with the help of the Guru Crew Support team. The team will help you migrate your website without any additional cost; 100% worry-free. Once you fill in the migration request form, the migration specialist will complete the migration in less than 48 hours.
Green Web Hosting
Another incredible thing about A2 Hostings is that they’re a green web hosting provider. While doing this A2 Hosting review, I learned that they have partnered with several companies to support renewable energies, planted more than 50.000 trees, and built more than 150 parks.
Customer reviews show that performance is crucial when choosing a hosting provider. In the hosting business, the most wanted hosting provider will be the provider that guarantees top-quality performance to its users and is super reliable.
Speed – Turbo Plans For 20 Times Better Speed
A2 Hosting prides itself on having a blazing speed. Their servers are super fast, and you’ll also get Turbo Chache, OpCache, and Memcached resources that will make your site even faster. The Apache server’s performance is improved, and that has a significant influence on the speed. We already mentioned that the company has 4 data centers, and the bottom line is that the closer your visitors are to the data center, the faster your site will load.
Our testing showed that the Turbo plans increase performance, so purchase a Turbo plan to get 20 times better speed if you want blazing speed.
Uptime- Excellent (99.9% In The Past Six Months)
A2 Hosting’s team of experts works extra hard to ensure that you have a guaranteed uptime of 99.9%. How amazing is that? We already know that uptime is vital in the hosting business, so we always look for a host that has excellent uptime. The reality is that not one hosting provider can guarantee an uptime of 100%, but it seems that A2 Hosting is close.
Loading Time – Manage Your CDN to Make Your Website Faster
Your hosting provider can provide you with excellent loading time, but sometimes other things can slow down your site. In reality, the loading time can’t be adequately measured because many other factors can influence and prevent your site from running at full speed.
Previous experiences taught me that you could speed up your website loading time using your CDN. With the help of the CDN, you’ll be able to cache your site on a global network of servers. For example, if your visitor is from Belgium, their browser will be able to download files from the nearest server.
Level of Support
One of the most important things that make a hosting provider successful is having excellent customer support. No matter what features you offer, everything can fall down the drain if you don’t have top customer support.
A2 Hosting offers 24/7/365 live support via chat. Their support team was going great, and that even got named the Guru Support Team. At least, that’s what I read in most A2 Hosting reviews. So, when I started doing my A2 Hosting brand review, my first thought was to put their customer support to the test. So, I clicked on the live support button and asked a random question. I was ecstatic when I got an answer in less than 30 seconds!
The agent was polite, pleasant to talk to, and ensured I got my answer in no time. Great job, Guru support team!
The hosting provider also has ticketing support and email support, and if you’re a person who prefers live interaction, you can contact them directly on their phone number.
You’ll be able to find many answers to the most frequently asked questions in A2 Hosting Support FAQs.
The A2 Hosting Knowledge base is the ultimate place to learn how to develop, host, and maintain your website. The knowledge base is divided into multiple categories: getting started guide, security, cPanel control panel, installable application, etc. If you’re tired of scrolling, you can always use the search box to look for a specific topic or keyword.
If you’re unsure which Hosting is right for you, you can answer a couple of questions, and the A2 Hosting hosting provider will help you decide.
As you can see, the customer support is pretty great, and it is versatile. If you experience any problem with your hosting service, use the live chat, email, the ticketing system, or call them on their phone number, and your issue will be solved as quickly as possible.
What I appreciate the most at a hosting provider is the ability for everyone to use it, even if you’re a beginner in this business. Other A2 Hosting reviews also demonstrated that most users always choose a user-friendly hosting provider for professionals and non-tech savvy people who are just starting.
1. Creating an account with A2 Hosting
Creating an account with A2 Hosting is a simple process that will take minutes. The first thing you need to do is choose a plan that will accommodate the needs of your business. Once you choose a plan, the rest is super easy. You type in your information, choose a payment method, and are done. A2 Hosting made sure that everything was explained excellently, so you won’t face any problems when you sign up with them.
2. Installing WordPress
When installing WordPress, A2 Hostings will give you two options. The first option is to get WordPress pre-installed when signing up for your A2 Hosting account. The second option is to install it after signing up by using Softaculous. Once you login into your account, you can access your cPanel, and you’ll see a link that says WordPress A2 Optimized. One click on the Install button and WordPress will be ready to use.
3. Connecting a Domain
If you already have a domain, connecting that domain to your A2 Hosting website will be a piece of cake. You have to point your DNS record at your registrar to A2 Hosting. Once you’ve pointed your domain, you are good to go.
Step By Step Walkthrough – A2 Hosting
What’s an A2 Hosting brand review without a proper step-by-step walkthrough? The second I entered the A2 Hosting website, there was a vast green sign that said Spring Sale. A2 Hostings gave the users free one-year rapid SSL with the purchase of any hosting plan for one year or longer. Such a great spring deal that can save you $49.99!
In the main menu, you can see four buttons: Hostings, Products, Sales & Support, and About.
I’ve already mentioned that A2 hostings offer a wide variety of hosting services: Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and Reseller Hosting. Many A2 Hosting reviews focus on all hosting services and products, but my main interest is their Shared Web Hosting.
Click on view plans to see the Shared Web Hosting available plans. We already discussed them in a previous section, so scroll up if you need more information. To make a detailed A2 Hosting brand review, I will choose the primary and most affordable plan, Startup, excellent for a single website. To start the purchasing process, click on Get Startup.
A few seconds after clicking on Get Startup, you can set up your hosting plan. If you already have a domain, you can type in your domain and click on Use This Domain.
If you don’t have a domain, you can register a new domain. You are also given the option of transferring your domain to A2 Hosting or using a temporary domain from A2 Hosting.
Since I already have a domain I use for research purposes, I typed in my domain name and clicked on Use This Domain.
Before you hit the Checkout, choose the billing cycle. You can purchase the plan for 1, 12, 24, and 36 months.
If you want to spend extra money, you can upgrade your SSL certificate to a premium RapidSSL certificate to get enhanced security. You can also upgrade to host unlimited sites, databases, and email accounts for an affordable price. This minor upgrade will also get you a Server Rewind Backup solution and twice the power.
The next step is to choose a server location. You have four available data centers: Arizona, Michigan, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
You can get the dedicated IP for additional money recommended for SSL certificates. The A2 Website Builder is free for a 1-page site.
And lastly, before getting to the Checkout, you can choose whether you want WordPress to be automatically installed with A2 Optimized.
Check out the Order summary once you’re done customizing your hosting plan. You’ll see your total price, and if you’re satisfied with everything, click on Continue.
The final step is to fill in your personal information, billing address, and account security information and choose your preferred payment method.
Using and Managing Your Website on A2 Hosting
Once your purchase is processed, you will be greeted by A2 Hosting cPanel.
In the main menu, you have many sections such as Home, Services, Domains, Billing, Support, Open Ticket, and Account.
Here, you can also see your connection details; you can refer A2 Hostings to a friend, get a $50 credit, and open a support ticket. Another awesome thing you can do is give A2 Hosting suggestions on how they can improve their services.
First things first, we’re going to click on cPanel login.
The first time you open your cPanel, it will look a bit chaotic, as you can see in the image below, but don’t worry. The purpose of an expert review is to show you everything a hosting provider has to offer, so I’m going to guide you so that you can understand everything perfectly.
In this section, you can find File Manager, Images, Disk Usage, FTP Connections, Web Disk, Backup, Directory Privacy, FTP Accounts, Backup Wizard, and File Restoration. Let’s see what all these featured do.
- File Manager
If you click on the File Manager, you’ll be able to access and manage all your files. The File Manager works through the cPanel, making it effortless to understand how it works.
Through Images, you can create thumbnails, change the file type for the images in the directory, and change the size of the images in your directory.
- Disk Usage
You can access your account’s available space through the Disk Usage section.
- FTP Connections
Monitor the visitors logged into your website through FTP. This option will also allow you to prevent file access and terminate FTP connections.
- Web Disk
By creating a web disk account, you’ll be able to navigate, manage, download and upload files on your web servers.
The Backup section will enable you to download a zipped copy of your site or part of your site so that you can save it to your computer.
- Directory Privacy
Through Directory Privacy, you’ll be able to set a password to protect some directories of your account.
- FTP Accounts
Configure your FTP account through this section, and get your website up and running.
- Backup Wizard
The backup wizard will download a compressed copy of your website and restore it.
Here you can find phpMyAdmin, Remote MySQL, phpPgAdmin, MySQL Databases, PostgreSQL Databases, MySQL Databases Wizard, and PostgresQL Database Wizard.
Here you can see all your information such as SQL, databases, Import, Export Settings, Variables, Charsets, Engines, and Plugins.
- Remote MySQL
This section allows you to add a domain name and visitors to connect with your MySQL databases.Warning: Content management systems, online shopping carts, and bulletin boards need databases to operate appropriately.
This section is designed for PostgreSQL.
- MySQL Databases
Manage large amounts of information from the web easily with MySQL. You can also create a new database and modify or repair a database.
- PostgreSQL Databases
This option will enable you to store a large amount of information quickly.
- MySQL Databases Wizard
This wizard will enable you to store a lot of information.
- PostgresSQL Database Wizard
This wizard is similar to the MySQL wizard.
In this section, you can find Site Publisher, Addon Domain, Subdomain, Aliases, Redirect, and Zone Editor. The Site Publisher will help you create your website. Through this section, you can create an add-on domain, create and manage your subdomains, create new and remove existing aliases, redirect one domain to another domain for a website or a specific web page, and convert domain names into computer-readable IP Addresses.
Softaculous App Installer
Through the Softaculous App Installer, you can directly install an A2 Optimized version of WordPress with just one click.
With just one click, you can also install WooCommerce and WP Toastmasters.
In the Email sections, you have: Barracuda Spam Firewall, Email Accounts, Forwarders, Email Routing, Autoresponders, Mailing Lists, Global Email Filters, Email Filters, Email Deliverability, Spam Filters, Email marketing, Encryption, Box Trapper, Calendar and Contacts, Email Disk Usage and Remote MX Wizard.
Using the options available in the Email sections, you will be able to create email accounts, forward an email from one address to another, route a domain’s incoming mail to a specific server, and configure your email account to send automated emails.
You’ll also be allowed to create and edit filters for all the mail and use the spam filters to filter out any spam mail. All these email options are free, except for the Barracuda Spam Firewall. This firewall is an excellent spam filtering method for your email accounts.
This section has Visitors, Errors, Bandwidth, Raw Access, Awstats, Analog Stats, Webalizer, Webalizer FTP, Metrics Editor, and Resource Usage.
- Visitors display up to 1000 recent entries in the Apache Logs.
- Errors display the recent entries in the website’s error log.
- Bandwidth will enable you to see the monthly and the total bandwidth usage for your website
- Raw Access allows you to see who visited your website.
- Awstats will give you visual statistics about the visitors to your site.
- Analog stats will give you a summary of all the people who visited your site.
- Webalizer is a more complex statistics program. This program will show you who visited your website with charts and graphs.
- Webalizer FTP will give you statistics for your visitors that used the FTP protocol.
- Metrics Editor will make you decide on the statistic programs you will use.
- Resource Usage shows what kind of activity your website has in terms of resources.
Set up your Cloudflare account from here.
- WordPress Manager by Softaculous
From this section, you can manage your WordPress Installation.
- PHP Pear Packages
These PHP Pear packages will enable you to perform tasks in PHP. You have to install the PEAR package directly from the PHO extensions.
- Perl Modules
These modules will allow you to perform tasks in Perl.
- Optimize Website
This feature will allow you to compress content before sending it to the visitor’s browser.
Use this option to back up your data, maximize your backup storage space, restore data and monitor your blacklist.
- Softaculous Apps Installer
This apps installer allows you to install Softaculous scripts.
- A2 Website Builder
We have already discussed the A2 Website Builder in a previous section. If you’re interested in learning more, scroll up.
- Setup Node.js App
Set up your Node.js applications easily.
- Select PHP Version
This section enables you to choose a version of PHP.
- Setup Python App
Set up your Python app easily by clicking on Setup Python App.
- Setup Ruby App
Through this section, you can set up a Ruby Application.
- Cron Jobs
- Track DNS
- Error Pages
- Apache Handlers
- MIME Types
- Virus Scanner
- Autoinstall SSL
- SSH Access
- IP Blocker
- Manage API Tokens
- Hotlink Protection
- Leech Protection
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Imunify 360
Do We Recommend A2 Hosting?
The bottom line is that A2 Hosting is an excellent hosting provider for people just starting and professionals. If you’re looking for a new hosting provider, you should take A2 Hosting into consideration. I recommend it for WordPress site owners because they’ll adore the staging and speed optimization options.
I was amazed that they provide many hosting services and products with dozens of affordable plans. Each plan offered by the hosting provider has countless features, top-quality security, unlimited bandwidth, generous storage, and blazing speed. You’ll have to spend more money to get the turbo speed, but it’s all worth it because you’ll be getting 20 times more speed. Another incredible feature is that they guarantee an uptime of 99.9%. What can you ask more? And if you have any problems with your account, the Guru Expert Team is always there for you, 24/7/365. And lastly, I need to mention my favorite part about this hosting service- they have a hassle-free money-back guarantee. You can get a full refund if you cancel within 30 days and a prorated refund of unused service after 30-days. Isn’t this great?
During April, A2 Hosting:
- Offered a Spring Sale of up to 60% off on all plans.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its ssdman64 server.
- Experienced intermittent interruption on its Arizona datacenter.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its Michigan datacenter and its src1 server.
- Experienced service interruption on its phone system.
- Experienced network interruption on its Michigan datacenter.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its ssr21 and ssdman46 servers.
- Performed network maintenance on its Arizona datacenter.
- Experienced service interruption on its sg1-vz7-vm1 server.
- Experienced service interruption on its mi3-ss60 and nl1-vz7-vm5 servers.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its Michigan datacenter.
- Experienced service interruptions on its az1-vz7-tvu3 and az1-ts102 servers, and MySQL interruption on its nl1-ss17 server.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its mi3-vz7-tvm12 and mi3-vz7-tvm10 servers.
- Experienced outbound email interruption on multiple servers.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its Michigan datacenter.
- Experienced service interruption on its mi3-ss55 server.
- Experienced service interruption on its nl1-vz7-tvm8 server.
- Experienced MySQL interruption on its az1-ts1 server.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its ssdman50 server.
- Experienced degraded performance on its Sectigo SSL Certificates.
- Experienced service interruption on its mi3-mw2 server and connectivity issues on its Amsterdam datacenter.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on its mi3-sr4 server and on its Amsterdam Railgun server.
- Experienced MySQL interruption on its mi3-ss55 server.
- Experienced MySQL interruption on its nl1-ss21 server.
- Performed network maintenance on its Arizona datacenter.
During March, A2 Hosting:
- Offered up to 72% off on Shared Web Hosting.
- Performed an emergency reboot on az1-vz7-tvm5, performed network maintenance in its Michigan datacenter, experienced connectivity issues in its Asia/India locations, experienced a service interruption on sg1-vz7-vm6, performed scheduled network maintenance in its Netherlands datacenter, performed scheduled maintenance on ssdman50.a2hosting.com., experienced domain management issues, experienced connectivity issues and a decrease in speed in its Amsterdam datacenter, performed network maintenance in its Netherlands datacenter, experienced intermittent connectivity issues in its Netherlands datacenter, experienced service interruption on nl1-ss22.
During February, A2 Hosting:
- Experienced degraded performance on Sectigo SSL Certificates, experienced a MySQL interruption, experienced a service interruption.
- Announced that it supports the latest PHP version 8.1.
- Announced new managed WordPress enhanced security features.
During January, A2 Hosting:
- Performed network maintenance in its Arizona data center, experienced a service interruption, performed a scheduled maintenance on sgss2.a2hosting.com, performed a scheduled maintenance on a2ss43.a2hosting.com, experienced a MySQL interruption, experienced a MySQL interruption on multiple servers, performed a scheduled maintenance on ssr15.a2hosting.com, experienced a MySQL interruption on multiple servers, performed a scheduled maintenance on sgss3.a2hosting.com, performed a scheduled maintenance on a2ss41.a2hosting.com, experienced intermittent connectivity issues in the Amsterdam data center, performed a scheduled maintenance on a2ss41.a2hosting.com, experienced a service interruption, experienced intermittent timeout errors, performed a scheduled maintenance on sg1-ss17.a2hosting.com, experienced a network connectivity interruption on its Airtel Internet service provider, experienced intermittent speed and connectivity issues in its Amsterdam data center, initiated a file system shock on nss8.a2hosting.com, experienced a service interruption on a2ls3.a2hosting.com, performed maintenance on ENOM.
- Launched next-generation managed WordPress Hosting.
During December, A2 Hosting:
- Experienced a service interruption, performed a scheduled maintenance, performed a network maintenance in its Michigan data center, performed network maintenance in its Arizona and Amsterdam data centers, performed network maintenance in its Arizona and Singapore data centers, performed another scheduled maintenance, experienced a service interruption.
During November, A2 Hosting:
- Performed scheduled maintenances, had service interruptions, experienced degraded performance, performed an unplanned reboot, some VPS and Dedicated servers had a DNS interruption, had intermittent connectivity issues, issues with the ns2.a2hosting.com server, experienced multiple degraded performances, nl1-ts9 had connectivity issues, servers in the Netherlands had intermittent connectivity issues, experienced a network connectivity interruption, performed a network maintenance in the Michigan data center, had intermittent service interruptions on the European data center network and the Arizona data center had a network interruption
During October, A2 Hosting:
- Offered discounts to women-owned small businesses
- Performed scheduled maintenance, had service interruption, MySQL interruption, VPS interruption, phone service interruption, connectivity issue, and degraded performance
During September, A2 Hosting:
- Turbo sale: discounts on A2 Turbo servers
- Performed scheduled maintenance, unplanned maintenance, had service interruptions, and support ticket system interruption
- Introduced WordPress Toolkit (Standard and Deluxe) on Managed and Managed Turbo Plans
- Continued to support PHP 7.1 customers
During August, A2 Hosting:
- Performed scheduled server maintenance, emergency server maintenance, had a service interruption, and intermittent speed issues
- Introduced AlmaLinux as a New Operating System
- Added Support for Magento on Managed Dedicated Plans
During July, A2 Hosting:
- Celebrates 18 years of existence, success, and growth with discounts on their whole site and special content/contest throughout the month
- Deployed proactive security measures to protect WooCommerce customers from recent SQL injection vulnerability
- Performed emergency server maintenance, encountered a server interruption and data center connectivity issues
During June, A2 Hosting:
- Launched new bare metal dedicated server solutions
- New Dedicated Plans at 35% off
- Performed scheduled server maintenance, encountered several server interruptions, had an issue with Cloudflare, and several connectivity issues and speed issues
During May, A2 Hosting:
- Didn’t issue any new features or updates
- Completed scheduled server maintenance, incurred several interruptions, and connectivity issues